Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Miguel Cotto replaces Emmanuel Steward
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 4 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #1

Guests

I've seen that Cotto is replacing Steward as a trainer, first Dawson and now Cotto.

I was interested to see how Cotto worked with Steward in this fight. As Steward trained fighters to fight tall, use the jab and clinch when necessary. These were all things that caused Cotto to fall short against Margarito. Not sure what to think of this, and don't know much about this trainer that he now has (Pedro Luis Díaz), but regardless, I hope it works out for Cotto. Don't think it will happen, but would love nothing more for Cotto to end Margarito's career.

This post has been edited by Fitz: Oct 4 2011, 04:14 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 4 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #2

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 4 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Cotto is making a bad mistake. Steward can help him make the adjustments neccessary to help him win the fight. I just hope this new trainer he got isn't as bad as that replacement trainer he had at the Pacman fight. That trainer was terrible all he was saying during when Cotto was getting pummeled was, "Keep it up, Keep it up, your doing good, very good." While Cotto was a bloody mess, I feel this will only make matters worse.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 4 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #4

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

Manny was probably smoking herb the whole time he was training & laughed at Cotto's ability to stumble like a drunk around the ring.

As a side note I hope Margarito smashes his head in again.

This post has been edited by STEVENSKI: Oct 4 2011, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 4 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 4 2011, 05:37 PM) *
Manny was probably smoking herb the whole time he was training & laughed at Cotto's ability to stumble like a drunk around the ring.

As a side note I hope Margarito smashes his head in again.

WTF?! Your urging on a noted cheater like he deserves it or something. As a boxing fan I have lost all respect for Margarito and any less from Bob Arum for allowing that trifling son of a bitch to still box. Heck, he should've just let the man be a sponsor for casts, clay, or some other shit. My perception of you had drastically changed and I may lose respect for you for even hoping some fucked up shit like that. I hope Cotto retires Marg's for good!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 4 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 4 2011, 05:44 PM) *
WTF?! Your urging on a noted cheater like he deserves it or something. As a boxing fan I have lost all respect for Margarito and any less from Bob Arum for allowing that trifling son of a bitch to still box. Heck, he should've just let the man be a sponsor for casts, clay, or some other shit. My perception of you had drastically changed and I may lose respect for you for even hoping some fucked up shit like that. I hope Cotto retires Marg's for good!!!

I understand your argument about the wraps, but look at it this way...illegal wraps or not, Margarito was still touching Cotto the WHOLE fight. Thats why I feel that he will still beat Cotto again, unless Cotto's gameplan and defense changes. He was getting stalked throughout the fight, and he kept his head stuck out like an Ostrich and invited those Margarito uppercuts all night.

+Quote Post
STEVENSKI
post Oct 4 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Chief Haterizer

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 5 2011, 08:44 AM) *

There is no evidence that Margarito cheated in that fight. I simply cannot support a fighter who shapes their eyebrows. I should also add it is not so much I want to see Margarito win I just enjoy seeing Cotto lose.

(IMG:http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/421909/2005_-_cotto_abdullaev.jpg)

This post has been edited by STEVENSKI: Oct 4 2011, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Oct 4 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 4 2011, 05:53 PM) *
I understand your argument about the wraps, but look at it this way...illegal wraps or not, Margarito was still touching Cotto the WHOLE fight. Thats why I feel that he will still beat Cotto again, unless Cotto's gameplan and defense changes. He was getting stalked throughout the fight, and he kept his head stuck out like an Ostrich and invited those Margarito uppercuts all night.

You are right, but the question is how would have Cotto handled those "touches" if they where from fist instead of bricks?

This post has been edited by TheFonz: Oct 4 2011, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Oct 4 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 4 2011, 05:53 PM) *

I too still think Marg's will win as Cotto threw everything at him but the kitchen sink and still was getting hit by them slow ass uppercuts. Now, by Cotto switching Steward with a trainer that he hasn't been under since his amature days only provokes knowledgable boxing fans' minds to think that this only makes things worse for him.

Right now I see this fight stopped around the 10th round by TKO or a UD for Marg's until I see some other shit that makes me change thoughts.

btw, when has Marg's ever cut up or bloodied any other boxer besides Cotto in his career?? Even during his sling of stopping opponents he still hasn't make any of them showed cuts. The man before that didn't even have KO power but now all of a sudden he just knocking people out.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 4 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Oct 4 2011, 05:57 PM) *
You are right, but the question is how would have Cotto handled those "touches" if they where from fist instead of bricks?

He had no choice but to handle those "touches" because he was getting towered over, walked down and corned all night. Cotto did an exceptional job of slipping most of those punches early in the fight, but down the stretch, he just couldn't keep Margarito off of him...that would've happened without the plaster (if there ever was any) because thats how Margarito fights.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:43 AM