IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> *HELL YEAH FULL* Chavez Jr vs Martinez *FACE OFF* (Full video Post #40/Poll Added), (Merged) Chavez vs. Martinez Face Off and Fight Preview Discussion
Chavez vs Martinez
Who Takes It?
Chavez by Decision (Close) [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Chavez by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Chavez by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [25.00%]
Martinez by Decision (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Martinez by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Martinez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [62.50%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Aug 21 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 21 2012, 07:57 PM) *
Professor, before I watch this video...did you really just post "OMG" 3 times in the sub topic like a high school valley girl???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i've been out in cali too long. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Aug 21 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2012, 07:57 PM) *
was it me? or did jr have a crazed look on his face that seemed to intimidate sergio?

Exactly! He is in a zone and Martinez is in trouble

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 21 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2012, 07:57 PM) *
was it me? or did jr have a crazed look on his face that seemed to intimidate sergio?

That look on his face, actually made my hair stand up on the back of neck. I swear he looks like a vampire, the day-walker type though.

Anyhow, Sergio is of course, a small MW, and he'll have to make his movement count. He only has a 1 inch reach advantage (24 in), but Chavez has that 3 inch height advantage. The pressure will tell the story in this fight.

As some have already noticed and mentioned, Sergio takes off a round or two during his fights, and Im sure Julio will be warmed up and acclimated to Sergio's punches at that point.

This is a unification bout, but Arum more than likely pulls the strings in this one, which could effect the size of the ring. Its weird because Im sure they wouldn't have pout Julio in this fight, if they didn't think he could win. Either that, or Arum is trying to pay him back for attempting to sit out his contract this past summer.

With all of this said, Im sure they pressed for a smaller ring, to insure that Sergio doesn't have the room he needs to avoid that extra pressure of being cornered. This one will become interesting in the middle rounds...ooowee Chavez looks like he dont give a fuuuuck. In the back of my mind, Sergio may have bitten off more than he can chew in this one...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 21 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I caught this earlier in the day and I am extremely excited about this fight. Chavez jr and Martinez had those "shit just got real" faces on lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 21 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 21 2012, 09:16 PM) *
That look on his face, actually made my hair stand up on the back of neck. I swear he looks like a vampire, the day-walker type though.

Anyhow, Sergio is of course, a small MW, and he'll have to make his movement count. He only has a 1 inch reach advantage (24 in), but Chavez has that 3 inch height advantage. The pressure will tell the story in this fight.

As some have already noticed and mentioned, Sergio takes off a round or two during his fights, and Im sure Julio will be warmed up and acclimated to Sergio's punches at that point.

This is a unification bout, but Arum more than likely pulls the strings in this one, which could effect the size of the ring. Its weird because Im sure they wouldn't have pout Julio in this fight, if they didn't think he could win. Either that, or Arum is trying to pay him back for attempting to sit out his contract this past summer.

With all of this said, Im sure they pressed for a smaller ring, to insure that Sergio doesn't have the room he needs to avoid that extra pressure of being cornered. This one will become interesting in the middle rounds...ooowee Chavez looks like he dont give a fuuuuck. In the back of my mind, Sergio may have bitten off more than he can chew in this one...

i know that look very well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it's about to go down!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 21 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 21 2012, 10:00 PM) *
i know that look very well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it's about to go down!

Yep, looked like he was banging 7 gram rocks, and has been awake for the past 3 days. Dude has this weird, carnivorous look in his eyes, like he wanted to eat Sergio's organs. Weird stuff...

+Quote Post
C.Alarid1
post Aug 21 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 7,273

It's just really hard for me to imagine Chavez beating Martinez. A few years ago a lot of people were saying that Chavez was runnign from Martinez and now people are choosing him to beat Maravilla. Although I am Mexican, I wont know who to root for until the day of the fight. Part of me wants Martinez to win because he came from a poor childhood and family and I love seeing those people succeed. But we'll see the day of the fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Aug 22 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 21 2012, 08:57 PM) *
Professor, before I watch this video...did you really just post "OMG" 3 times in the sub topic like a high school valley girl???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LMAO I felt the same way. Then I watched the video and felt....the same way lol. I'm fuckin amped. I hope in the real thing Max Kellerman doesnt look as clueless as he does in this preview. They either need a translator or a host who knows spanish for this one. Max looks liek the lame entourages in rap battles lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 22 2012, 01:36 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 21 2012, 08:45 PM) *
I caught this earlier in the day and I am extremely excited about this fight. Chavez jr and Martinez had those "shit just got real" faces on lol

Martinez was mean lol, and chavez looked like he had been awake for days. The way sergio was talking it sounds like he really wants to hurt him

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 22 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (C.Alarid1 @ Aug 21 2012, 11:38 PM) *
It's just really hard for me to imagine Chavez beating Martinez. A few years ago a lot of people were saying that Chavez was runnign from Martinez and now people are choosing him to beat Maravilla. Although I am Mexican, I wont know who to root for until the day of the fight. Part of me wants Martinez to win because he came from a poor childhood and family and I love seeing those people succeed. But we'll see the day of the fight.

ppl forget that chavez had zero amateur career and was developing as a pro. when martinez was calling him out i thought it was bullshit because he knew chavez wasn't ready for him. i also knew it would be a matter of time because i saw him improving from fight to fight. his last three have really shown his growth. while i know none of those guys are on martinez' level....i still think chavez has what it takes to beat him. i won't be rooting for either...i'll just sit back and enjoy a great fight and will be content no matter who wins.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:59 PM