IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 30 Days in May (Floyd Mayweather Documentary), What did yawl Think?
checkleft
post Apr 4 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 4 2013, 03:40 AM) *
From a talent standpoint I could see Floyds point. Drake can rap and sing. Even if you dont like his music anybody with ears can see the talent there. Now im 35 so I dont listen to much music that came out after 2003 maybe. Drakes from Toronto so I dont expect him to rap about the same things Pac and Big rapped about.

+1
Someone who actually listens to lyrics instead of drinking the hateraid?? You been hiding under a rock? Lol. Drake is very underratted. "The worst decision a person or business can make is having a closed mind"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 4 2013, 11:38 AM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Great documentary, Shotime keeps impressing, i like how Floyd was talking shit about HBO too. One thing i noticed is even though his life is so lavish, he seems mad chill, he seems like a pothead too even though he's against it. I'd be like "Floyd, i know you dont smoke weed man i know this, but imma get you high today. You done retired, you aint got no job, and you aint got shit to do!"

His mom seems very nice and smart, she should be on more of the vids for upcoming fights. Whats the deal with Miss Jackson, is she a hoe or is she the real deal holyfield. She's too sexy, instead of strippers i woulda had some me time with her on cam if i was floyd. Strippers were a good substitute though.

Floyd is just at the top of the world right now, and some people really just want to see him fall for reasons that probably are found within themselves. I wasn't alive during the Fabulous four ERA, or heavyweight ERA. But right now Floyd Mayweather is boxing, atleast commercially. I knew he made alot of money, but dammmmm, i didn't think he made that much. Hopefully he has over hundreds of millions in his account and that cash he is just chilling off. House was banging, got so much stacks they look fake. It was deep saying "I got all of this with my hands", I wish that was the Floyd we seen more of, the Real Floyd Joy Sinclair Mayweather. He really doesn't even need to talk shit anymore for the media, just chill at the top of the throne.

Somehow he still manage to throw a Pacquiao diss in there lol...

When it comes down to it, Mayweather seems to know Boxing is his life, some ups and some downs but it got him to where he is today, he is wise enough to know that he is still growing, he has shown growth when i first seen him on 24/7. I don't think Robert Guerrero is the one to beat him, he really doesn't bring anything to the table, and no secret advantages, or no hidden super punch strength. Just a regular guy who's going to come in and get outclassed.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 4 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Just watched the documentary! Youtube is awesome !

First of all - Floyd ain't stupid guys, he is not sleeping around with stripers and prostitutes - no matter how well paid. STDs are everywhere and can fuck up your life. Floyd is smarter than that and stays sober. He loves himself too much to risk it.

2 - I actually think Ms. Jackson is a smart woman. She may be "lazy lay" as C' pointed out (hilarious phrase btw, never heard that one before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) but she was speaking well and although shes undoubtedly a trophy and high maintenance woman I don't sense anything similar to the mother golddiger herself Robin Givens.

3 - Damn, Floyd can speak after all. He made some good points especially about prisons making people angry instead of better.

4 - Enjoyed the documentary from start to finish!

5 - Floyd is a good and caring guy. End of story.

6 - Of course you can't trust anything and anyone, but I think it was a pretty honest picture of Floyd and his circle.

7 - Too bad most of the people who have actually seen the documentary will remember only 3 things from it - money, stripers and luxury.... to feed their jealousy. But as Floyd would say....It is what it is. Fuck it

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 4 2013, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Some of yall sound like some real huggers though. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 4 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 4 2013, 02:51 PM) *
2 - I actually think Ms. Jackson is a smart woman. She may be "lazy lay" as C' pointed out (hilarious phrase btw, never heard that one before (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ) but she was speaking well and although shes undoubtedly a trophy and high maintenance woman I don't sense anything similar to the mother golddiger herself Robin Givens.

The pretty ones usually are, lol. Its very rare that you have a fine broad like that, who makes fireworks in the sheets. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 4 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 4 2013, 12:13 PM) *
Cmon man educate yourself before you speak ignorance. Biggie might have talked alott of shit, but Tupac is not about fake gangster rap. He was politically active and was going to be the leader of the new Black Panthers, he was all about education and unity and trying to make communities better for ALL PEOPLE AND CHILDREN. Not just blacks or any race, have you heard the song "Changes" "Keep Your Head up", cmon man and please look up what T.H.U.G L.I.F.E means before you talk shit and be disrespectful. Educate yourself brotha.

As for Drake being mentioned with Biggie and Pac, i wouldn't disagree. Think about how much influence Drake has, he makes hits, he actually has lyrics and subjects, anything he says turns into this whole big thing. YOLO!...All that influence, he is just with the wrong team, he could be more like Pac if he said some shit that could stir the media, become more politically active. Make songs to target and motivate children instead of strippers. I think he could do it if he wasn't with the wrong team. With Great Power comes Great Responsibility.

" tool to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap" is Lil wayne. Not Tupac,

What is your level of education???Tupac and his thuglife bullshit initiated a bunch of lost souls into wearing doo rags to job interviews and sagging their pants showing their dirty underwwear.. the shit is soo bad they want something on the books here in NYC to put a halt to men walking around like a bunch of uncivilized savages. However people try to spin Thuglife or the redefinition of nigger (NIGGA).. TUPAC did more harm than good. He came from a family of enlightened radicals yet he embraced a mindset ans sold drugs, sex, and violence--- he was was full of rebellion,. yet devoid of refinement and civilization. I have worked as a social worker with Black and Latino youth for 20 plus years and you can see the lingering effects of cancers like TUPAC Shakur. Nothing particularly personal with him, he was just a youngster seeking for fame and recognition, yet he lacked the proper guidance that could have kept him alive--- he did put out songs with messages, yet his overall thuglife persona got the best of him - but he lives on.. I see Tupac each day all day as black men age 10 to 50 plus sagg their pants... Tupac lives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Apr 4 2013, 02:30 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 4 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

1. I thought it was a pretty dope documentary. It showed a method to Floyd's madness somewhat...especially when it comes to supporting his friends and his loyalty.
2. I thought Roger looked REALLY sick and it nearly moved me to tears. Out of all those guys, I really like Roger most man. That dude is a hidden gem in the sport of boxing IMO.
3. I know people have said this before, but Floyd and Ms Jackson's relationship seems staged. The way he was comapring women to cars. Her facial expressions in certain scenes. The lack of affection between the two. Seems fishy.
4. I love how he called out HBO and still didn't sound jealous. You're swinging off Manny's nuts but he's gone to Showtime and fought. I've been loyal and yet I get hate from clowns like Merchant. That would NEVER happen to Manny.
5. I think it finally exposes how Floyd is flashy just for the pageantry and marketing results. To his core, he doesn't even seem to care about the stuff he spends money on. For instance, the bottles of liquor.
6. I think most people don't realize how hard this guy works. It seems like he's ALWAYS in the gym. Sometimes, at work, I watch videos of his workouts. May sound corny but it's fascinating stuff to me. So much technique involved.
7. I find it amazing that, for a guy who seems to be annoyed by the sport, he always seems to have boxing on his mind. Every other scene, he just breaks out and starts shadow boxing.
8. I was completely awestruck about the minor details he shared about his case. I knew there was no physical evidence. I didn't know, however, that the alleged incident occurred 2 years prior to his conviction. WTF?
9. I have a soft spot for true fatherhood. Not just buying them stuff but actually actively taking part in their lives. Ever since I had my little girl and then seen other little girls without fathers, I have a new respect for fatherhood.
10. I could have done without the scenes with his naked ass in the shower. C'mon man. That was just uncalled for lol Why would you think, a sport that is mostly popular among men, would want to see that? lol
11. I thought a lot of time was wasted on pictures and scenery. I thought some of the questions were redundant. I don't think they introduced much NEW things about Floyd other than how mentally drained jail made him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 07:42 AM) *
Fuck Biggie and Pac... they were both tools to dumb down inner city youth with their filthy mindless and self destructive rap-- Biggie once talked on an album about defecating on a woman-- nothing great about that Black fat fuck.. Tupac had greatness but embraced fake ass gangster rap and thug life... Mayweather if he was more educated and civilized would not have even mentioned those assholes... but I understand.. he has matured considerably and contrary to what people say speaks pretty well...

Blasphemy

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 4 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #19

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 4 2013, 03:17 PM) *
What is your level of education???Tupac and his thuglife bullshit initiated a bunch of lost souls into wearing doo rags to job interviews and sagging their pants showing their dirty underwwear.. the shit is soo bad they want something on the books here in NYC to put a halt to men walking around like a bunch of uncivilized savages. However people try to spin Thuglife or the redefinition of nigger (NIGGA).. TUPAC did more harm than good. He came from a family of enlightened radicals yet he embraced a mindset ans sold drugs, sex, and violence--- he was was full of rebellion,. yet devoid of refinement and civilization. I have worked as a social worker with Black and Latino youth for 20 plus years and you can see the lingering effects of cancers like TUPAC Shakur. Nothing particularly personal with him, he was just a youngster seeking for fame and recognition, yet he lacked the proper guidance that could have kept him alive--- he did put out songs with messages, yet his overall thuglife persona got the best of him - but he lives on.. I see Tupac each day all day as black men age 10 to 50 plus sagg their pants... Tupac lives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

I am a 19 year old Black and Puertorican College student studying to be an Engineer, Doctor, Boxer, and anything else i want to be.

It would be foolish to blame pants sagging on Tupac. Sometimes people's pants sag, "skater" kids and others also sag their pants. That's like saying every black person is good at basketball because of the NBA. When it has nothing to do with race or one person at all. We are all our own person so one person can't control another, we all have our own decisions, sometimes people just make the wrong decisions. I can tell you are a person full of hate because you choose to judge him and hate him even when in the core of his soul, he was a good person you can tell if you really listen to him. He was about black empowerment, knowledge, and wanting to make the world a better place. He rapped about what went on in SOCIETY. Society is to blame for pant sagging, along with most other problems along with the world. Not just one person, he was a product of the shitty society we humans all live in, and he was a human like you and I, just one a different path. The wisdom in his words didn't come from hate or anger, they came from love and compassion for people, he was only violent when he was defending his life!!! cmon bruh stop hating. Death can come to any man at any moment, it is destiny, would you say Ghandhi's NONVIOLENT protesting would've also kept him alive longer. He was a revolutionary and a martyr, and most usually die young or violently.

You'd probably learn something if you did more research is all. Just don't be so disrespectful is all I'm saying. He may have seemed to have done in your mind, but i consider myself a positive product of his dreams.

Hopefully Floyd wont get hate like this after his passing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 4 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 4 2013, 05:13 AM) *
I think after he got out of jail rumors were flying that she and 50 were playing house, plus you have not seen her since that time. So maybe she is there but doesn't get the attention she use to or isn't asking for it. I was just going off from people have told who are from Vegas and have dealings with Mayweather. It is more of an assumption then anything, Either way she is a trophy chic. I agreed with Mayweather on most of the things he said. I thought it was weird how his kids were around him the very same kids who witnessed their dad beat their mom, usually the courts would not allow a parent to be around their children if they felt that they were a danger to them. I wonder how Gamboa feels now? And I never heard of Jackie Long as an actor.

I actually did disagree with Floyd on one instance, he said he could be great like Biggie and Pac, I respectfully disagree.

Yeah, aint nothing in Drake's DNA that spells greatness. He's avg in both rapping and singing, he gets over on his affiliations. Jackie Long is a pretty good actor, he was in ATL with TI and Lauren London and he was in this movie called love for sale with Mya. But once Mayweather put him down with the Money Team, he just seems to be content with being an entourage member

As far as Floyd's lady, IDK what to make of it but it was kind of revealing how Floyd broke down his take on relationships and her stance on disrepsect/respect was revealing too. We'll never truly know the dynamics involved in their relationship. She's a bird but she made a lot of remarks that I agree with. If I don't see her at the fight or on the all access then I guess it's safe to say she's out. But Floyd's ex alluded in a recent interview that they're still together and that he cheats on her

She's better then the alternative because his baby mama, Melissa Harris is a trouble maker. I think he needs to stay the hell away from her. That's what I do with my bm, she know not to come around me at our daughter's school functions or it'll be trouble. I don't have the baby mama drama but that's because I cut that shit off, I used to though but sooner or later you either end up in a situation you can't get out of or one of the two has to be the mature person. His 1st baby moms is cool supposedly and I hear he's closer to her then all of them. He always looks out for her, at least that's what I hear. She was in the doc actually. Now that's a chick you wife, she aint never tried to grab the spotlight like Meliissa and Miss Jackson

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:14 AM