IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

wolterb
post Feb 18 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 15 2013, 08:16 PM) *
this is going to be interesting. i think trout is going to ruin the party. i hope they pick the right judges and ref for this one. let the chips fall where they may!

trout is much better than i originally thought. i get the feeling he's going to beat canelo easily. trout is capable of fighting 3 minutes of every round. canelo likes to take breaks and fight in spots. trout is not easy to hit and can fight in the trenches. it's his fight on the outside...canelo's best chances lie on the inside. i'm looking for a masterful display of boxing from trout on this one.

i cannot believe golden boy made this fight!?!?!? i just hope they don't pull any fast ones.

i agree with you, i'm equally shocked this fight got made. can't wait! but i think canelo fighting in spots probably won't hurt him and might help him. as long as he is the aggressor, he can afford to take breaks so long as he makes to the end and lets the judges do their thing. the luxuries of being the draw. trout has the potential to put on a clinic but he better do more than he did against cotto cause canelo can match trout on his size
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #32

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I'll hold true my initial prediction...Canelo upsets the apple cart on this one. Many believe that he'll lose, but I believe Trout will let the big stage and fan's expectations get the best of him.

Trout has the height and reach advantage (maybe even fight night weight advantage)...will he use it? The safe answer here, is "yes". Sadly, it's usually the guys with the advantages, that don't use them when a big fight happens. Either that, or they're shaking off the jitters in the early rounds, and end up getting caught.

I can't count on both hands, how many times I wanted Canelo to lose...needless to say, I'm all out of fingers. I think Canelo makes his point early in this fight, and pisses us all off. THEN, we'll have to hear how "elite" he is, and blah, blah, blah. Then he'll go on to fight Cotto in September (my personal beliefs).

Either that, or he'll lose and GBP will let him fight Cotto (who just decisively lost to Trout).

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 20 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #33

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Well this fight needs to get signed and it has yet to get signed. I promise if Golden Boy tries to pull a fast one and match Red Head against someone else I will be very upset. I give Trout a chance in this. he took Cotto's power now I am curious how he will deal with Saul's. Saul has won 41 times and 0 loses but those 41 wins come again non jr middleweights., I am curious to see how Saul takes a 154 punches.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 20 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Trout D12. He will wear Canelo down and possibly knock him down late. I expect this to be Mosley/DLH for 2013. The fight needs to be signed, so that Canelo can attempt to earn the accolades that he's be handed up front.

The title of the fight should be Alverez - Trout Earning your keep!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 20 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 20 2013, 03:20 PM) *
Trout D12. He will wear Canelo down and possibly knock him down late. I expect this to be Mosley/DLH for 2013. The fight needs to be signed, so that Canelo can attempt to earn the accolades that he's be handed up front.

The title of the fight should be Alverez - Trout Earning your keep!

i think the fight is signed.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 22 2013, 07:32 AM
Post #36

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Damn who would of thought lol

I think Trout got this, definitely! I'm surprising myself and say this will be easy for him...

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 27 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #37

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

So apparently this Alvarez vs. Trout match is in danger of not happening on 04May2013 because Canelo wants Floyd to confirm their fight in September........ I can sort of see Canelo's point IF and only IF he beats Trout.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/02/canelo...september-14th/

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 27 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #38

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 27 2013, 11:10 AM) *
So apparently this Alvarez vs. Trout match is in danger of not happening on 04May2013 because Canelo wants Floyd to confirm their fight in September........ I can sort of see Canelo's point IF and only IF he beats Trout.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2013/02/canelo...september-14th/

I agree with the article. Alverez's people want the Mayweather guarantee, because it's not a given that he will beat Trout. If he loses to Trout, the Mayweather fight goes out the window. Do you think that if the Mayweather-Alverez fight is locked for September 4th, that there is no way that Trout gets a decision against Alverez? Trout may have trouble winning on the cards anyway. Trout not being a money maker like "Cinnamon Head" may have a negative influence on the judging. If the judging to Trout is fair, and should he beat Alverez, Trout will really have a name for himself and may have the style and name to give Floyd problems should they ever fight.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 27 2013, 12:35 PM) *
Alverez's people want the Mayweather guarantee, because it's not a given that he will beat Trout. If he loses to Trout, the Mayweather fight goes out the window.

I totally agree with your point....it truly sounds like some doubt is going on in the Canelo camp.

Canelo is giving Floyd an ultimatum like a spoiled girlfriend?! If Floyd wouldn't go for Arum's ultimatums for what is arguably the biggest fight in boxing history, then who in the fuck is Canelo to throw ultimatums out there???

Dammit man, is everybody snorting that Bolivian Marching Powder nowadays? Sheesh. Too many people have told Canelo that he's the next big thing in boxing...sort of reminds me of a bunch dudes that are desperate to get laid, telling an ugly chick that she's pretty. If she hears it enough, then she'll carry herself that way.

Canelo needs to man up and fight some able-bodied fighters. Wait a minute...well, nevermind, we all know the story behind that. Dude hasn't even fought a top 10 Jr. MW, so WTF? He acts like he's doing Floyd a favor by saying that he wont fight on his card, as if Broner wont step in help sell the card.

As much as I don't like Broner, he'll do a better job selling the fight, than Canelo will. Broner's promotional approach reminds me of one of those chicks in school, who didn't get enough attention, but knew they had what it took to be popular...so they learned how to get people's attention. Canelo approach (or lack thereof) reminds me of one of those chicks that everybody went out of their way to tell her how beautiful she was, so she never had to work for anything.

As much as Chavez Jr. appeared to be protected, he's actually fought tougher competition than Alvarez...and they both fight about 2-3 a year. I'm tired of them putting this kid in there with dust bunnies, and hope that we overlook it and make him bigger than what he thinks he is.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 27 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #40

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

^^^ what he said

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:28 PM