IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JMM vs Mayweather 2, How well would Marquez fair now against him?
Franchize
post Dec 26 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #31

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Dec 26 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Bob Arum could care less about feeding the likes of JMM to the wolves, however he did an excellent job of protecting Manny from Floyd and in the process blew a 40 million dollar payday (I wonder how many fights it would take for Manny to earn that kind of money now).

I'd still love to see Floyd tax that a$$ on Manny but even at this stage I still believe that Bob will not put him in the ring vs Floyd, what I think we'll see is Pac get a crack at the straight-forward style of guys like Rios to help build back up his reputation as some type of slugger (I never really saw him that way).

If JMM does not get a shot at the likes of Floyd then obviously he should fish out a 5th fight with Manny if for nothing else except making more money this time around and cementing his dominance with another rousing KO to seal the deal. At this point JMM is a bonafide Superstar on par with Manny and just under Floyd and at the very least then he and Bradley should square off with the winner getting Floyd.

I agree. Lets face it. Arum will never care for JMM like he does Manny. Ko or no KO, Marquez will never be the star Manny is. Arum would be far more willing to feed Marquez to the wolves than Manny. Lets face it. The real reason he had Manny fight JMM that many times is because the fight will always yield money but he never thought Marquez would knock Manny out like that. He probably thought, if anything, Marquez could outpoint Manny, in which he would have to then beat the judges. Arum isnt worried about Floyd BEATING Manny. He is worried about Floyd EMBARASSING Manny and making a gigantic, Arum free, pay day in the process.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 26 2012, 12:10 PM
Post #32

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Guys, salient points, but riddle me this:

When is the last time you saw ANY noteworthy Top Rank fighter get in the ring with a Golden Boy fighter ?

It simply hasn't happened, and never will.

If there is significant money to be made (as is the case with any of the well-known fighters in Top Rank's stable), Arum will never do business with Golden Boy.

Doing business with GB entails co-promoting, which neither company is willing to do.

With other promoters, Arum pays the promotional companies a fee and has a Top Rank show. Also, he is given options on the "leased" fighter.

Yeah, business as usual. Brilliant. Crafty. Heavily Profitable.

And downright disgusting for the fans.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 26 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

You know, I'm not throughly convinced JMM/Manny V comes off. Manny fought him this time to erase doubts and got erased. If I were a betting man, I'd think Manny's confidence, regardless of what adobe-laced "pick me up" Buboy is whispering in his ear, is pretty freak'n fragile. Remember the whole reason there was a 4th fight, was due to the controversies surrounding the series of fights (that and Bob's penchant for squeezing out $$$$) and by and large, the controversy is pretty much over. People can say he landed a "timely" punch, but they'd be wrong; JMM landed TWO timely punches. Which leads me to...

Floyd/JMM WOULD sell. Mexicans are bananas over that win. They'd market JMM as "revamped", "revitalized", etc. and (most importantly) conqueror of the guy Floyd wouldn't fight. I wouldn't mind seeing it, for no other reason, I'd like to see how JMM adjusts.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 27 2012, 03:23 AM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 26 2012, 09:00 PM) *
You know, I'm not throughly convinced JMM/Manny V comes off. Manny fought him this time to erase doubts and got erased. If I were a betting man, I'd think Manny's confidence, regardless of what adobe-laced "pick me up" Buboy is whispering in his ear, is pretty freak'n fragile. Remember the whole reason there was a 4th fight, was due to the controversies surrounding the series of fights (that and Bob's penchant for squeezing out $$$$) and by and large, the controversy is pretty much over. People can say he landed a "timely" punch, but they'd be wrong; JMM landed TWO timely punches. Which leads me to...

Floyd/JMM WOULD sell. Mexicans are bananas over that win. They'd market JMM as "revamped", "revitalized", etc. and (most importantly) conqueror of the guy Floyd wouldn't fight. I wouldn't mind seeing it, for no other reason, I'd like to see how JMM adjusts.

I would like to see the adjustment too. Tho I think mayweather still wins let's not forget Floyd wouldn't be the only masterful technician in the ring that night.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 27 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 26 2012, 09:00 PM) *

good point. bob won't allow it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2012, 01:28 PM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 25 2012, 09:45 PM) *
Bradley I can see but Paulie I rather not. That would be an utter massacre. Floyd would actually stand in front of Paulie and beat him senseless! Come on cousin, we want Paulie to have a commentating career after boxing. That fight would be a sacrifice and I am Floyd fan but I would have issues with him fighting Paulie. I would say Bradley I mean he is "undefeated." Actually I would love to see Mayweather fight Canelo to put an end to the hype that is Canelo. I just want to see way gay ass robe Canelo will be wearing to the fight. Floyd should ask for the Bradley fight let's face it Arum isn't really pro team Bradley so having Bradley taking a loss wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I was talking about Marquez going after that 5th title, by taking on Bradley or Paulie, if a Floyd rematch doesn't happen. The fact that he was thinking of fighting Paulie and Cintron (before picking JMM) after his first retirement, should help us to not rule it out so quick. Trust me, I dont wanna see it either.

PS: Those "Jafar from Aladdin" robes look cool on Canelo...he's the only one who can pull it off.

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 26 2012, 07:28 AM) *
However, as has been the case for years, I only have 2 words to dash our hopes for this fight.

Bob. Arum.

Does Arum even have options on Marquez at this point? I thought it was 3-fight deal, or something like that. I know Marquez fought Pacquiao (3rd fight), Fedchenko, then Manny again. Before these fights took place, JMM was still fighting under Golden Boy? I need some clarity.

Maybe he signed a longer contract than I thought. Maybe Arum's got his hand up his ass and selling him a dream to stay with company and "promise" him a bigger payday for a 5th fight. Who knows. I need help here.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 26 2012, 08:00 PM) *
Floyd/JMM WOULD sell. Mexicans are bananas over that win. They'd market JMM as "revamped", "revitalized", etc. and (most importantly) conqueror of the guy Floyd wouldn't fight.

Couldn't agree more! Fans (especially casual ones) live in their mind and believe what they want to believe. As for Dec. 8th, I bet his fans think he has about 5 more years left under his belt, when really, he only has about two...tops. Lol

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 27 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #37

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I say he better not fight that fight and as an honorary Marquez super fan I also say he has too much sense to pursue such a useless endeavor and never would! Too smart!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 27 2012, 10:15 PM
Post #38

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 27 2012, 05:28 PM) *
I say he better not fight that fight and as an honorary Marquez super fan I also say he has too much sense to pursue such a useless endeavor and never would! Too smart!

If the money is right he will. If it is an offer he can not refuse then Marquez will take a 12 round ass kicking.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 27 2012, 10:27 PM
Post #39

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 27 2012, 01:28 PM) *
I was talking about Marquez going after that 5th title, by taking on Bradley or Paulie, if a Floyd rematch doesn't happen. The fact that he was thinking of fighting Paulie and Cintron (before picking JMM) after his first retirement, should help us to not rule it out so quick. Trust me, I dont wanna see it either.

PS: Those "Jafar from Aladdin" robes look cool on Canelo...he's the only one who can pull it off.

Does Arum even have options on Marquez at this point? I thought it was 3-fight deal, or something like that. I know Marquez fought Pacquiao (3rd fight), Fedchenko, then Manny again. Before these fights took place, JMM was still fighting under Golden Boy? I need some clarity.

Maybe he signed a longer contract than I thought. Maybe Arum's got his hand up his ass and selling him a dream to stay with company and "promise" him a bigger payday for a 5th fight. Who knows. I need help here.

Couldn't agree more! Fans (especially casual ones) live in their mind and believe what they want to believe. As for Dec. 8th, I bet his fans think he has about 5 more years left under his belt, when really, he only has about two...tops. Lol

It's an excellent question about JMM's current contract status with Top Rank. I do remember him signing that 3 fight deal.

The thing is, Arum is usually great at covering his bases with stuff like this. I believe that since the 3rd Pacman - JMM fight, he's been in cash-out mode with regard to Manny.

Which means, that he would want to make sure that he had multiple fights left on the contracts of whoever was in line to fight Manny.

Bradley is locked down and isn't going anywhere. Rios is the same. I believe it's possible that a contract extension was carried out with JMM on the DL in advance to the 4th Pacman fight.

Remember, when Cotto was considering his options, it was pretty clear in the news that there was contract - related rumblings. We haven't heard anything similar for JMM.

If he was a promotional free agent, then I say bring it on and let's make this fight happen.

However, the very fact that Arum was quick to speak on a possible 5th Pacman fight tells me that he has a signed contract in his back pocket.

Sigh. Good men die young. Evil, slimy, wretched blood sucking parasites like Arum live forever it seems.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 28 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Normally, I'd say n way in hell because JMM is a Top Prank guy but I can't see JMM passing on some flat rate offer Mayweather throws at him like Manny did. I can see Floyd offering Marquez like 15-20 mill and Marquez being like "Fuck you Arum, you'd better make this work." I can't see him peacefully declining like Manny has. Marquez is way more vocal about Arum. Let's not forget he accused Arum of a conspiracy after the 3rd fight.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 03:17 PM