+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 28 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Aug 28 2011, 12:56 AM) *

It's obvious to me that this was a real confrontation. I read on some other message boards that this was staged, but you can clearly see by the facial expressions of both men and the surrounding people that this was real. It shouldn't really be a surprise though because it seems to be the same argument time and time again with Sr. trying to get credit for Jr's success. I could see how that could get irritating after awhile for little Floyd, but he clearly over reacted here.And from what I remember Sr did leave De La Hoya before he fought his son. I've always been a Mayweather supporter and will continue to do so, but Jr could of handled this better. I think Jr is still upset at his Father for past situations and he lets it build up and then we get this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roi
post Aug 28 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 12,404

He called his own dad "fag" and his not Jr LOL

This post has been edited by Roi: Aug 28 2011, 02:21 AM

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 28 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

I'm gonna be honest, I fully understand where young Floyd is coming from. I had it out with my own dad like this. They seem to think that you're still a little boy but a man is a man and big Floyd needs to recognize that. He is primarily known for his son and De La Hoya. On another note, there were kids present and this will effect them.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 28 2011, 02:48 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

At the end of that tirade Floyd had that same pained look in his eye that Tyson had after the end of the Lennox Lewis press conference. No doubt Floyd is a hell of a fighter but he is clearly a damaged unit and I would say has a real genuine nasty streak.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Aug 28 2011, 03:36 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 28 2011, 02:48 AM) *
At the end of that tirade Floyd had that same pained look in his eye that Tyson had after the end of the Lennox Lewis press conference. No doubt Floyd is a hell of a fighter but he is clearly a damaged unit and I would say has a real genuine nasty streak.

At the end when he was standing near the mirror stating it was his gym he had the look of embaresment and regret, but JR is to proud to ever admit that.

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Aug 28 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Aug 28 2011, 04:36 AM) *
At the end when he was standing near the mirror stating it was his gym he had the look of embaresment and regret, but JR is to proud to ever admit that.

FMJ is showing some of the traits of someone who clearly needs something to give him the impetus to go out there and win, some pent up anger towards something, even if that something is provided by/through his father.

On the flip side, Snr. is still seeking - even desperate - to remain relevant in boxing. And what better way to achieve that at this stage (without a big name trainee of his own in recent times) than to be under the lights with his son! He simply can't keep away, nor does Jr. really desire him to.

Those two worlds and we get this drama. Not in the least surprising.

As for the kids themeslves, and considering the razzmatazz under which the're growing up, they would have been surprised had there been no such drama.

P34c3

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Aug 28 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #8

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

I never would have thought I would be saying this..............but.................an upset might be brewing.

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Aug 28 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #9

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Aug 28 2011, 09:21 AM) *
I never would have thought I would be saying this..............but.................an upset might be brewing.

This might be true I've never seen a fighter win the fight where they had a long lay off , outside the ring problems and the distraction of a beautiful woman. It looks like it has gotten to a point where Floyd seems Like he's going to break. Also his Dad acts like he knows how to make Floyd 41 and 1 so he can't be unbeatable we know that? Floyd went to hard on his dad though because at the end of the day Big Floyd is the foundation and being that it should always be some respect for Sr for that but he can't get all the credit either it's a toss up! I hope they make up though because that is not a good look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 28 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (zucrates @ Aug 28 2011, 10:13 AM) *
This might be true I've never seen a fighter win the fight where they had a long lay off , outside the ring problems and the distraction of a beautiful woman. It looks like it has gotten to a point where Floyd seems Like he's going to break. Also his Dad acts like he knows how to make Floyd 41 and 1 so he can't be unbeatable we know that? Floyd went to hard on his dad though because at the end of the day Big Floyd is the foundation and being that it should always be some respect for Sr for that but he can't get all the credit either it's a toss up! I hope they make up though because that is not a good look (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

In the beginning of 24/7 he gave credit to his dad. I just think Floyd Jr. seems to be constantly trying to prove that he is responsible for his success, and there is some truth to that. its like when someone says "Floyd Jr is a great boxer." Floyd Sr. will say "All because of me and me only." Instead of saying "My son is a great boxer. He has great talent and skill. He has done a lot to further his career by his hard word ethic and being a student of the sport. I laid the foundation but he built it into an empire." Bam, you give yourself credit and your kid credit. Simple as that. I just do not think Sr. has enough humility to do something like that and I do not think Jr. has the patience or the communication skill to rely that to his father.

In all they are still blood and hopefully they can work on their relationship....

Ortiz is getting knock out. Floyd will take all frustration out on Ortiz. Victor seems mentally handcuff

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:25 AM