Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bradley VS Alexander, Who you picking and why
EAlbian
post Jan 10 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #1

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

I know this fight is still a couple weeks away but i'm pumped.. I feel like this is Mosley vs Mayweather back in 99-00, two young very skillful fighters in their primes. When's the last time a fight like this happened?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Jan 10 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

They both are overrated... I could care less but something tells me Alexander is going to get beaten down.. he is the more overrated of the 2

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Jan 10 2011, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 10 2011, 05:20 PM
Post #3

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Alexander was exposed by Kotelnik. Prior to that I thought he had the beating of Bradley, now I'm not so sure. I still need to see more from Tim though so I am looking forward to this fight.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Jan 10 2011, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Maxy @ Jan 10 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Alexander was exposed by Kotelnik. Prior to that I thought he had the beating of Bradley, now I'm not so sure. I still need to see more from Tim though so I am looking forward to this fight.

Exposed?? he had a tough fight that i scored for him(Don't like my credentials; Dan Rafeal and Howard Ledderman also scored it for Alexander). He did a lot of promotion( fist big hometown fight, lot of media time) for that fight and kotelniks style gave him problems, so what. He Knocked out witter and Urango, two guys at the top of the division. he's only 22 years old, he blew out Chop Chop and Corley gave Miadana all he could handle 3 years later. I think it's a huge stretch to say either guy is overrated, both have fought most of the guys near the top of the division and have been pretty impressive in doing so, and now they are fighting each other. I think this is a great thing for the sport and HBO, glad they got behind this fight and they need to follow up with this tactic more.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 10 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Jan 10 2011, 06:37 PM) *
Exposed?? he had a tough fight that i scored for him(Don't like my credentials; Dan Rafeal and Howard Ledderman also scored it for Alexander). He did a lot of promotion( fist big hometown fight, lot of media time) for that fight and kotelniks style gave him problems, so what. He Knocked out witter and Urango, two guys at the top of the division. he's only 22 years old, he blew out Chop Chop and Corley gave Miadana all he could handle 3 years later. I think it's a huge stretch to say either guy is overrated, both have fought most of the guys near the top of the division and have been pretty impressive in doing so, and now they are fighting each other. I think this is a great thing for the sport and HBO, glad they got behind this fight and they need to follow up with this tactic more.

Like I said, I liked him to beat Bradley before the Kotelnik fight, now I ain't so sure. He looked like crap in that fight tbh, far from the star I was expecting to see. Yeah, he's young, maybe he just had an off day. That's why I'm looking forward to the fight. It'll answer some questions about both of them and it should be good.

+Quote Post
salvador
post Jan 10 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

I've always been a bit curious as to why Bradley was rated so high here. He's definitely a solid boxer, but it's not like he could have gone 12 rounds with Tszyu or Judah back in the day - not even close IMO. Alexander is still a question mark to me. I suppose the smart money is on Bradley by decision, but for some reason I just think Alexander is going to be able to land something meaningful early and will take it either by ko or by a close decision that includes a couple of Bradley knockdowns.

+Quote Post
alaganza
post Jan 10 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 76

Bradley should bank enough early rounds before the fight is ended with a headbutt. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif) Bradley by technical decision.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 10 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

This fight reminds me very much of the climate before Roy Jones Jr vs James Toney. Back then, I just knew Toney was gonna roll this young brash upstart. I remember the stare down between the two of them on Tuesday night fights. Soon after that, the fight was signed. I was wrong about my TONEY pick, then. Toney was overconfident and overweight(what else is new). The buildup was great for that fight. Two young guns that would carry the next generation of boxing. At the time, there was a lull in the 160 - 175 weight classes. Hagler, Leonard and Hearns were either retired or over the hill. The winner of this fight would go on to superstardom. That was the thought. Turns out that the fight was anticlimactic. Jones won a decision and even knocked an off balance Toney down. Jones went on to superstardom. Toney went on to Pizza Hut. In Toney's defense, he was still one of the greatest of the era. Hopkins, right now is rewritting the book that was the 90's.

This fight, Bradley vs Alexander could be THAT fight all over again. The difference is the buildup for this one isnt that great. One of these two guys is gonna walk away as a superstar. Tim Bradley reminds me of Toney. Alexander reminds me of Jones. I've seen both of them fight. I think Bradley does what Toney didnt. I think Bradley wins a decision. Alexander doesnt like to get hit and he doesnt like guys who dont stand in front of him so he can jab away. Bradley his gonna give him angles and stay close to his body and bang. I think Bradley makes this fight look easy. I dont think Devon likes to hit moving targets that punch back. Bradley will be that and more. Again, Bradley by decision.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 10 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (salvador @ Jan 10 2011, 05:52 PM) *
I've always been a bit curious as to why Bradley was rated so high here. He's definitely a solid boxer, but it's not like he could have gone 12 rounds with Tszyu or Judah back in the day - not even close IMO. Alexander is still a question mark to me. I suppose the smart money is on Bradley by decision, but for some reason I just think Alexander is going to be able to land something meaningful early and will take it either by ko or by a close decision that includes a couple of Bradley knockdowns.

Bradley would have beaten a pre Tszyu, Judah. Judah as of late isnt really all that different from back then. Tszyu just pointed out the obvious. Bradley is a tough dude who doesnt wilt under adversity. When i've seen him knocked down, he gets up and cranks up his activity rate. The only hang up I have with Bradley is his punching power. If Bradley had mustard on his punches, his name would be Manny Pacquiao. Their styles are similar in that, at times they throw caution to the wind and just bombard their opponents with non stop punches. The difference is that Bradley is much better defensively than Pacquiao.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jan 10 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 10 2011, 04:57 PM) *
They both are overrated... I could care less but something tells me Alexander is going to get beaten down.. he is the more overrated of the 2

People throw the word overrated around too much... Whats overrated about Bradley or Alexander? No one is saying that they are the next Sugar Ray Leonard at this time. I think the guy that wins this, cements himself into stardom. They are at the spot where Roy Jones was right before the Toney fight. Young, up and coming, budding star.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 02:14 PM