IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Timothy Bradley has been promised Pacquiao, slated to fight on Pac-JMM undercard
Cshel86
post Jul 26 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan, and 2. ever that good to begin with. Bradley would get outboxed and probably knocked out by Khan. Recall what another mental midget, Kendall Holt, did to Bradley without that much exertion. If Bradley was on the receiving end of that left hook to the body that Khan knocked Maidana down with, it would never have gotten to the 10th round. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stand toe to toe nor the defensive acumen to apply consistent pressure while swamping Khan with activity.

This is what Bradley has to deal with: 1. a tall man, 2. an explosive puncher, 3. a fighter who is as quick or quicker, 4. a more active fighter, 5. a fighter who can move better than he can; and 6. his own lack of power to equalize any of these disadvantages ala Maidana. Bradley's hope is that he lands a good headbutt-rabbit punch-lowblow combination that rattles and discombobulates Khan for 12 rounds. The fight SHOULD take place nevertheless. I don't understand why Khan is taking another 140 tune up in England. They should be trying to do the Bradley fight next at welterweight. That'll be a good tune up for Khan in light of the Floyd fight.

I concur!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 26 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #72

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Jul 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *
"so many getting swayed" does not include me. i never thought Bradley was 1. capable of beating Khan, and 2. ever that good to begin with. Bradley would get outboxed and probably knocked out by Khan. Recall what another mental midget, Kendall Holt, did to Bradley without that much exertion. If Bradley was on the receiving end of that left hook to the body that Khan knocked Maidana down with, it would never have gotten to the 10th round. Bradley doesn't have the pop to stand toe to toe nor the defensive acumen to apply consistent pressure while swamping Khan with activity.

This is what Bradley has to deal with: 1. a tall man, 2. an explosive puncher, 3. a fighter who is as quick or quicker, 4. a more active fighter, 5. a fighter who can move better than he can; and 6. his own lack of power to equalize any of these disadvantages ala Maidana. Bradley's hope is that he lands a good headbutt-rabbit punch-lowblow combination that rattles and discombobulates Khan for 12 rounds. The fight SHOULD take place nevertheless. I don't understand why Khan is taking another 140 tune up in England. They should be trying to do the Bradley fight next at welterweight. That'll be a good tune up for Khan in light of the Floyd fight.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1- Bradley is undefeated and has not even come close to losing.

2-Khan has been KTFO by a NOBODY! And he was a punch from getting stopped by Maidana.

3- Bradley showed heart and toughness GETTING up from a bomb from Holt, where that bitch Khan did NOT get up from Prescott.

4- Khan will NEVER EVER KO Bradley, where Tim will run Khan out of the ring with pressure.

5- Umm... Bradley took Holts heart in that fight.

6- The only one who fought a "mental midget is Khan, when he fought Judah the biggest mental midget ever.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 26 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #73

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Bradley will die if he fights the pacman. i mean does he really think he can compare to him right now? even in a years time I dont think he can.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 26 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 08:50 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1- Bradley is undefeated and has not even come close to losing.

2-Khan has been KTFO by a NOBODY! And he was a punch from getting stopped by Maidana.

3- Bradley showed heart and toughness GETTING up from a bomb from Holt, where that bitch Khan did NOT get up from Prescott.

4- Khan will NEVER EVER KO Bradley, where Tim will run Khan out of the ring with pressure.

5- Umm... Bradley took Holts heart in that fight.

6- The only one who fought a "mental midget is Khan, when he fought Judah the biggest mental midget ever.

LL you are becoming dangerously close to becoming the Teddy Atlas of FH with your prediction picks. I find myself taking more and more notice of your picks and then going to the bookie and placing bets the opposite way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Easy money, haha.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 26 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #75

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 26 2011, 10:48 PM) *
LL you are becoming dangerously close to becoming the Teddy Atlas of FH with your prediction picks. I find myself taking more and more notice of your picks and then going to the bookie and placing bets the opposite way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Easy money, haha.

Dude... I have not even really been picking fights in a bit. I also have a shirt from being a FH prediction league champion, what about you beatch? Haha

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jul 27 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #76

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 26 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Dude... I have not even really been picking fights in a bit. I also have a shirt from being a FH prediction league champion, what about you beatch? Haha

Got me there buddy. Lucky you didn't have to put it up for grabs when you predicted the Mosley/Mayweather, Mosley/Pac fights. Maybe we could wager on Khan/Bradley if it ever happens?

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Jul 27 2011, 03:01 AM
Post #77

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 27 2011, 03:57 AM) *
Got me there buddy. Lucky you didn't have to put it up for grabs when you predicted the Mosley/Mayweather, Mosley/Pac fights. Maybe we could wager on Khan/Bradley if it ever happens?

Okay you know I am biased for Mosley and was not going to pick against my 2nd favorite fighter. You are so on if Khan-Bradley fight goes down!

Speaking of favorite fighters, did you read front page? I did not read it yet, but Toney said he is going to cruiserweight for Tarver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Jul 27 2011, 08:33 AM
Post #78

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 27 2011, 04:01 AM) *
Okay you know I am biased for Mosley and was not going to pick against my 2nd favorite fighter. You are so on if Khan-Bradley fight goes down!

Speaking of favorite fighters, did you read front page? I did not read it yet, but Toney said he is going to cruiserweight for Tarver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Correction, Bradley took TWO bombs against Holt.... But Maidana is a far more serious puncher, and Khan showed some heart too, considering his chin, in surviving that late-round onslaught by Chino. With what exactly Bradley will "run Khan out of the ring" with is beyond me. It's certainly not with crisp, accurate, powerful punches. Bradley will land an occasional wild looping punch but if Judah's hooks couldn't hurt Khan, Bradley's certainly won't.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 27 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #79

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Im not a Khan or Bradley fan by far, but I could potentially be a fan in the near future when they truly prove themselves. Khan has advantages that Bradley doesn't have at all.

Khan advantages:
1. He's promoted by GBP...a well known promtional company due to De La Hoya and Schaffer
2. He's got a team that the world recognizes (though Im not a fan of them either) Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza
3. He has the opportunity to swing on Pacquiao's nuts because he's that much closer to him (they spar together, same trainer, same gym, same strength coach). He can also associate (use their names as much as possible) them in everything he does/says...and he does.
4. He has UK fans, and something to offer in regards to negotiating a bout (offering a particular split of UK PPV revenue)
5. He has noticable names on his resume as of lately, no matter the results of the fights.
6. He is playing his part and utilizing all of the above advantages to make a name for himself.
7. He is making his disadvantages a thing of the past, or he is successfully covering them up with the above advantages.

Bradley advantages:
1. He has unified two titles (and???)
2. He is undefeated (and???)

Bradley disadvantages:
1. He doesn't have a fanbase...at all.
2. Though he is undefeated, most of his fights end badly, which usually begin with a headbutt.
3. He isn't marketable (he nor his promoter has helped this problem)
4. His promoter sucked ass...period.
5. He has nothing to offer in regards to negotiating bouts
6. He doesn't have big names on his resume (nobody is talking about Witter, Holt, Campbell, or Peterson anymore...and the Alexander win was a snooze fest)
7. He would bring Pac and/or May's market value down, because he possesses none of his own.
8. He hasn't done anything and doesn't possess the skill to compete with top fighters and make me want to spend $45-$55 to watch him get dismantled (learned my lesson from the 2-round massacre of Pac/Hatton).
9. He is trying to jump from A to Z and he hasn't even established himself from B to Y. Hell, we all know that it gets hard around L, M, N, O, P, lol. Hell, its hard to say L,M,N,O,P without somebody finding it hard to understand you).
10. Nobody is even really ready to see him fight A+ fighters. For instance, Berto has fought tomato cans his whole career until he ran into Ortiz who gave him a real run for his money. Before that, we were all like, "C'mon Berto, when are you going to fight somebody worth watching?" I haven't felt that way about Bradley fighting A+ fighters, but Im ready to see him fight some B+ fighters, which is close to A-.

* Mind you, these are facts mixed with my opinions as well, so please dont have your thumb up your ass after reading this.

This post has been edited by cshel86: Jul 27 2011, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
scallum
post Jul 29 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #80

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,318

Who said Margarito was a puncher?Hearns or Tyson r considered punchers Marg was not a puncher

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:14 AM