Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amir Khan brings in Coach Rick
rowanbid
post Sep 26 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,996

So i had to register and post for this because i just saw that amir khan brought in coach rick for his mitt work, he basically emulates roger mayweather style of mittwork, i just think its awesome because he is from the same state as me and i had a few mitt work sessions with him and now he's working with a real pro and next to virgil hunter, if you guys dont know who he is just youtube coach rick, i just really thought it was pretty awesome!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Sep 26 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Cunningham is flipping his mind over this...Team Alexander virtually has gone apeshit over this.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Sep 26 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

coach rick is a fuckin nobody. the mitt work is only relevant if you understand why your teaching it to somebody and first off, if the man your teaching is a dfensive minded boxer who reacts to his opponent. amir khan is a fuckin douchebag wannabe with no boxing iq and he is now cashing out his name. that mitt work aint gonna do shit but get him KOd. you gotta start that mittwork at a young age to develope your reflexes and shit, its too late for khan hes done. and hes an idiot.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 26 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Maybe khan is having the same problem with virgil as he was having with roach, not enough attention. We all know he is a diva. I honestly don't know what to think of this, wonder what virgil has to say.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Sep 26 2013, 09:17 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

seems like all is well and Cunningham is trying to stir shit

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Never heard of him, he can emulate Roger's mittwork but I bet money he don't know the purpose behind it and the advantages to doing it that way. This guy is an unknown, Virgil was his usual respectful self in his response to it. If he's cool with it then so be it, but I find it odd

+Quote Post
truth
post Sep 26 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #7

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,835

It's the under lay for the over play khan loses against Alexander virgil shows his coolness but when loses he will say it was the mitt guy lol

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Sep 27 2013, 06:23 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Sep 26 2013, 05:34 PM) *
coach rick is a fuckin nobody. the mitt work is only relevant if you understand why your teaching it to somebody and first off, if the man your teaching is a dfensive minded boxer who reacts to his opponent. amir khan is a fuckin douchebag wannabe with no boxing iq and he is now cashing out his name. that mitt work aint gonna do shit but get him KOd. you gotta start that mittwork at a young age to develope your reflexes and shit, its too late for khan hes done. and hes an idiot.

Have you ever done drills during mitt work?

If you don't know what that is its cool. But I disagree with your post

That type of mitt work is designed like when you do mitt drills. But adds a LITTLE defense plus more eye hand coordination.

Doing drills burns you out way faster, I commend anyone who can keep that pace up for and entire round, much less multiple

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 27 2013, 07:14 AM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

Maybe Coach Rick will bring Khan a chin in his gym bag (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 27 2013, 08:45 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

This is pretty irrelevant if you ask me. It just reeks of desperation from Khan. Hopefully this guy will teach Khan how to throw combinations and get his guard back up. Tired of seeing this kid, who has so much talent, throw crisp combinations and then stand in the line of fire admiring his work. Really, Khan needs to work on his footwork. He always is caught going straight back. A staple of any Freddy Roach fighter lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:07 AM