IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo vs Mayweather almost finalized for Cinco de Mayo weekend?
Cshel86
post Dec 16 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2012, 11:55 AM) *
Yall really hate Canelo.

I just hate how GBP is insulting our intelligence with these numerous smoke screens in using other fighters' name to build him up, then put him in there with a lesser opponent.

There aren't any top 154 lbers, but to try and make us believe that this dude is, when they're only building his name and denying us the right to see how good he really is, is a blatant insult to our intelligence.

This dud hasn't fought anybody with a pulse or anybody that's a TRUE Jr. MW, but yet, GBP is making it look like guys really need to fight him, when in fact, it should be the other way around. I hated how they went about the whole Cotto/Trout situation.

They were too much of a chickenshit to put him in there with Trout. Doesn't this sound weird..."Canelo is sitting ringside, waiting for the winner of Cotto/Trout". Shouldn't it be the other way around??? Shouldn't Cotto have been sitting ringside for the winner of Canelo/Trout? I know that Cotto's team picked Trout, but GBP should've just kept quiet and had Canelo face someone else, until the Cotto/Trout fight happened and the results subsided.

I blame Cotto's team for being dumb and putting him in there with a guy like Trout...who had ALL of the physical advantages coming into the fight. Now GBP (being the vultures that they are when it comes to Canelo), decides to come in, make Canelo look more than what he truly is (at Cotto's expense), and start their nonsense about a big fight...not even mentioning Trouts name, but rather giving Cotto a chance to heal after a beating, and still yelling Mayweather's name.

Canelo is becoming a star, and he IS a fighter, so Im sure he wouldn't mind fighting anybody. GBP is making him look like a real chickenshit right now. It's funny they make him seem like "the man to beat" when they go on about the "Canelo sweepstakes" and so forth, but as soon as a Lara, Trout, or any other dangerous guy is mentioned, "suddenly" they backtrack and say that they're moving him along slowly.

They are mentioning these big names (Floyd and Cotto), because Cotto was staring at the face of a bad matchup in Trout, and Floyd was nowhere to be found (as usual). That sounds like a real safe play, if you ask me. Watch Floyd come back and possibly pick someone other than Canelo, then they'll put Canelo in there against K-9 or some other bum on the undercard of that fight. They want no parts of Molina, Lara, Golovkin, or anybody else.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 16 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Yall really hate Canelo.

I have literally nothing against him, but my fucking days he needs to fight at least a top ten JMW cause this shit is embarassing, and the way WBC say nothing is even worse. People like to blame Top Rank for doing shit like this when GB aren't any better.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 17 2012, 01:23 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 16 2012, 04:51 PM) *
I have literally nothing against him, but my fucking days he needs to fight at least a top ten JMW cause this shit is embarassing, and the way WBC say nothing is even worse. People like to blame Top Rank for doing shit like this when GB aren't any better.

Great post. At least chavez Jr beat one top guy in his division before getting in the ring with the top guy. Me and my friends always jokingly say that Canelo is trying to clean out the lower divisions, so when we saw him ringside at the Khan fight I was like "uh oh looks like Canelo is gonna get the winner as his next opponent".

For gods sake they were considering MAIDANA for his next fight! At that point Canelo has to realize he brings the money, he is the one who is going to be looking like a joke, he needs to put his foot down and say "I want to earn some respect by fighting top fighters in my division". What's gbp gonna say? Sorry but no? We would rather lose out on your money and risk you sitting out for a lengthy period of time?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 17 2012, 03:07 AM
Post #44

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I agree 100%.

I think Canelo has talent, pretty good skills and a great chin.

Having said that, he really hasn't beaten legitimate competition at 154 lbs.

He should have fought Trout for sure and the winner of that fight should have fought Cotto. Cotto earned that much by losing a good fight to Floyd.

Had Canelo and Trout fought, I believe Canelo would have won a by split decision robbery because no one wants to stop the gravy train, least of all judges. However, I would rather that we had that kind of a fight where we can see that one guy clearly won, etc. Hell, at least it sets up intrigue for a rematch and a possible Marquez still KOTFO scenario.

Why not fight Bundrage or Carlos Molina ? Those are 2 guys who are ranked and have looked good in their last few fights.

The more you think about it, the more you realize why an argument can be made that Canelo is not an elite fighter, period. Just because people THINK he beats other fighters in his division doesn't mean shit would go down that way.

Get in the ring and make some believers damnit.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 17 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 16 2012, 03:52 PM) *
I just hate how GBP is insulting our intelligence with these numerous smoke screens in using other fighters' name to build him up, then put him in there with a lesser opponent.

There aren't any top 154 lbers, but to try and make us believe that this dude is, when they're only building his name and denying us the right to see how good he really is, is a blatant insult to our intelligence.

This dud hasn't fought anybody with a pulse or anybody that's a TRUE Jr. MW, but yet, GBP is making it look like guys really need to fight him, when in fact, it should be the other way around. I hated how they went about the whole Cotto/Trout situation.

They were too much of a chickenshit to put him in there with Trout. Doesn't this sound weird..."Canelo is sitting ringside, waiting for the winner of Cotto/Trout". Shouldn't it be the other way around??? Shouldn't Cotto have been sitting ringside for the winner of Canelo/Trout? I know that Cotto's team picked Trout, but GBP should've just kept quiet and had Canelo face someone else, until the Cotto/Trout fight happened and the results subsided.

I blame Cotto's team for being dumb and putting him in there with a guy like Trout...who had ALL of the physical advantages coming into the fight. Now GBP (being the vultures that they are when it comes to Canelo), decides to come in, make Canelo look more than what he truly is (at Cotto's expense), and start their nonsense about a big fight...not even mentioning Trouts name, but rather giving Cotto a chance to heal after a beating, and still yelling Mayweather's name.

Canelo is becoming a star, and he IS a fighter, so Im sure he wouldn't mind fighting anybody. GBP is making him look like a real chickenshit right now. It's funny they make him seem like "the man to beat" when they go on about the "Canelo sweepstakes" and so forth, but as soon as a Lara, Trout, or any other dangerous guy is mentioned, "suddenly" they backtrack and say that they're moving him along slowly.

They are mentioning these big names (Floyd and Cotto), because Cotto was staring at the face of a bad matchup in Trout, and Floyd was nowhere to be found (as usual). That sounds like a real safe play, if you ask me. Watch Floyd come back and possibly pick someone other than Canelo, then they'll put Canelo in there against K-9 or some other bum on the undercard of that fight. They want no parts of Molina, Lara, Golovkin, or anybody else.

isn't this what oscar did with his own career? he often dangled names like trinidad(the rematch), winky wright and vernon forrest to promote himself. he's just repeating the formula.

i agree that canelo should have fought trout or lara for a shot at cotto. cotto's own ambition did him in on that one...but i have to give him props for facing the guy everyone is avoiding. imo...trout has now become the man to beat at 154.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Dec 17 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

you have a lot of people saying canelo is a threat to floyd.

we know what people are going to say if floyd beats him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 17 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

it makes no sense for floyd to fight canelo on cinco de mayo and then fight guerrero in september on mexican independence day. i think the reverse will happen.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 17 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #48

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (Kratza @ Dec 16 2012, 08:21 AM) *
When did Canelo beat a number one ranked JMW and top 10 P4P fighter? I hope you're not talking about Mosley or Josesito Lopez because Mosley wasn't even top 100 P4P when he fought Canelo and Lopez? What did he do to deserve P4P recognition?

I wasn't talking about Canelo. I was referring to Floyd and addressing Plah's comment " (I know Floyd hasn't done shit at 154 either)"

Floyd moved up from his division and beat the #1 JMW (Cotto). He doesn't really have to do anything in the division. He has nothing to prove. That says a lot. Canelo on the other hand hasn't done shit but beat a 140 pounder and a 40 year old mosley that hasn't won his last 3 fights at WW.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 17 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 14 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I rather see him face Canelo than Guerrero to be honest. I know Canelo hasn't done anything to deserve a chance to fight Floyd. But at 154, who has? (I know Floyd hasn't done shit at 154 either). And it's better to face Canelo in his comeback fight than lets say... Sergio.

Floyd moved up to 154 and set PPV records twice...not only that, but he landed the highest guaranteed payday in boxing history at $32M in the Cotto fight. I believe he did enough...but from a competition standpoint (which Im sure you're making a point of)...no, he hasn't done anything. Is there any true, record-breaking, challenge at 154 for ANY fighter?

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 17 2012, 10:19 PM
Post #50

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 17 2012, 11:03 PM) *
Floyd moved up to 154 and set PPV records twice...not only that, but he landed the highest guaranteed payday in boxing history at $32M in the Cotto fight. I believe he did enough...but from a competition standpoint (which Im sure you're making a point of)...no, he hasn't done anything. Is there any true, record-breaking, challenge at 154 for ANY fighter?

Doing something at '54 for me is.. fighting and beating the majority of these guys: Trout, Lara, Molina, Cotto, Canelo, Kirkland, etc. I know at that time Cotto was the only money fight... but doing something in a division for me is clearing the division. Andre Ward style. I don't know how these commissions allow people new to the division to fight for titles... shouldn't you be unranked? then, after beating some top 10 guys at that division, you get your title shot.

This post has been edited by Plah: Dec 17 2012, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:37 AM