IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mike jones ..who??....MIKE JONES!!!!, comeback?
AZWildCat
post Mar 23 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

Just caught that front page article ...didn't know he was getting treated like that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) that's fucked up after only one loss! Treated like a second rate club fighter??? Good to know he's stayed in the gym.

Any come back suggestions?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 23 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

I say ortiz or Alexander if Alexander doesn't fight Guerrero

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 23 2014, 10:03 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't think he'd get those fights because he's been on so many TR cards. I think he should just do what he said and ride that contract out and make a move. I liked him as a fighter and he was in his way to beating Bailey, but he just got caught. It happens but after that he just disappeared and we haven't seen him since. I do know that he was scheduled to fight early last yr and pulled out due to the money terms and he was being portrayed a certain way by his promoters, it's good to get his side of the story

Now if we could only get Andre Dirrell back in the ring

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 23 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 23 2014, 11:03 PM) *
I don't think he'd get those fights because he's been on so many TR cards. I think he should just do what he said and ride that contract out and make a move. I liked him as a fighter and he was in his way to beating Bailey, but he just got caught. It happens but after that he just disappeared and we haven't seen him since. I do know that he was scheduled to fight early last yr and pulled out due to the money terms and he was being portrayed a certain way by his promoters, it's good to get his side of the story

Now if we could only get Andre Dirrell back in the ring

Only if...you said it lol.....
it's been so long who's card did he fight Bailey on again?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 23 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Last time I hears about Mike Jones, I remember them trying to build this dude up. He actually had some decent tv dates and fights, but that Bailey fight ruined him. As for what I know, Jones signed a few silly contracts (ranging from '06 or '07), which basically stated that as soon as he gets a title shot (or wins a title), his contract will automatically be extended for another 3 years AFTER it's end date.

I believe his contract ended at the end of 2012, but the mofo got ghost after the Bailey KO loss, and decided to not answer his other promoter and manager's calls. What sucks about that it, Jones had his title shot and he LOST...so his contract was extended anyway. I believe, had he won that night, he wouldn't mind staying with TR and being champ, but being the fact that he got dusted, his tune changed quick.

I'm not sure what's up with his contract now, but I think I remember him having a fight scheduled, and it got cancelled because of contractual issues. What a scrub...he brought that on himself.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 24 2014, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 23 2014, 10:30 PM) *
Only if...you said it lol.....
it's been so long who's card did he fight Bailey on again?

I think it was on a Pacquiao card. They were building him up as a future opponent for Manny. Him losing to Bailey kinda opened the door way for Tim Bradley to be where he's at right now

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 24 2014, 09:20 AM

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Mar 24 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

Vivian Harris is active again. Wouldn't be a terrible comeback opponent for Mike Jones

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 24 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

no compassion here from me, want to sign with 2 promoters? this is what you get

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 24 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 24 2014, 09:20 AM) *
I think it was on a Pacquiao card. They were building him up as a future opponent for Manny. Him losing to Bailey kinda opened the door way for Tim Bradley to be where he's at right now

If so it was pac-bradley I......I just remember rewinding that knockdown in slo-mo on HD ...watching that bloodclot fly was unreal!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 24 2014, 11:53 AM) *
If so it was pac-bradley I......I just remember rewinding that knockdown in slo-mo on HD ...watching that bloodclot fly was unreal!

Dude folded up like a Decepticon when he went down...he fell in phases before he even hit the deck though.,

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 09:15 PM