13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum claims that there no Issues concerning May&Pac Fight
Method
post Aug 4 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #21

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

I don't even know what the big deal is here. The commissions do not require all of this extra testing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 4 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

I just hope that this fight happens. It will put a alot to rest. I think Arum knows that Pac and their relationship is probably out the door and he wants a cut of that big purse before Pac leaves. This fight needs to happen very soon. I do not want to see a 36-37 Mayweather fight. Hopefully it can get done for either May or June of 2012. This would be an event for the ages. It should be held at Madison Square Garden but I know Vegas ain't letting that money go.

Hype do you think this fight is close to happening, heck do any of you do?

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Aug 4 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #23

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 4 2011, 09:47 PM) *
I don't even know what the big deal is here. The commissions do not require all of this extra testing.

Nor do they require catchweights, special glove sizes, 10 million dollar weight penalties, etc...

Both fighters can take some classes at the "School of El Terrible" and just say "Fuck it, let's fight". But both sides have had a history of "special services", but in this instance, I think Olympic style Drug Testing is a great thing. This could possibly be the biggest fight of all time and I don't think there's anything wrong with ensuring even playing fields on both sides. With that said, I don't know if Floyd really gives two shits about cleaning up the sport or he's just using this move as a psychological advantage or both. However, an event of this magnitude will not be harmed by extra drug testing. I just hope we see this fight one day. I think Floyd is willing and I even think Pacquiao is willing... to me, it's clear as day as to who does not want this fight to happen right now.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 4 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If we were to drink to every Floyd and Manny thread...then we would all be shit-faced hammered by now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif) Until both of these dudes meet in the center of the ring after the opening bell, I could care less about this fight. Honestly, this fight isn't going to "save boxing" like everybody (fans, boxing staff, other fighters) is fussing about. How can these two save boxing, when they are killing it in the process? May and Pac, along with their teams are more of a distraction to the sport than anything. Dont get me wrong, I like both fighters, but these "negotiations" are more misleading than promotional, and awfully selfish for the sport.

The only thing that really matters are these rising stars (or lack there of) that are supposed to be working hard to become the next PPV stars, but they cant even step up and pull that off. All they want to do is, talk like, fight like, and make money like May and Pac, but fail to walk their own path in the sport. Then they sit around and depend on May and Pac to "save the sport". We all know that these two big fighters only have a few more fights left before they either walk away from the sport or start to get their asses kicked and retire afterwards. What if the fight happens and the first fight is dull or doesn't live up to the hype. What if the rematch gets stopped on a cut? We all know that fights can be worth the hype, or they can end terribly and disappoint the fans.

Im just hoping that these young fighters give us great fights and build the sport up to where its supposed to be once again. I miss the De La Hoya, Trinidad, Vargas, Mosley, Mayorga, Wright, Hopkins, and Forrest days when everybody fought eachother and made boxing worth watching. The 140 lb division was supposed to provide that, but we see how fast that plane crashed.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Aug 5 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #25

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 4 2011, 09:42 PM) *
If we were to drink to every Floyd and Manny thread...then we would all be shit-faced hammered by now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif) Until both of these dudes meet in the center of the ring after the opening bell, I could care less about this fight. Honestly, this fight isn't going to "save boxing" like everybody (fans, boxing staff, other fighters) is fussing about. How can these two save boxing, when they are killing it in the process? May and Pac, along with their teams are more of a distraction to the sport than anything. Dont get me wrong, I like both fighters, but these "negotiations" are more misleading than promotional, and awfully selfish for the sport.

The only thing that really matters are these rising stars (or lack there of) that are supposed to be working hard to become the next PPV stars, but they cant even step up and pull that off. All they want to do is, talk like, fight like, and make money like May and Pac, but fail to walk their own path in the sport. Then they sit around and depend on May and Pac to "save the sport". We all know that these two big fighters only have a few more fights left before they either walk away from the sport or start to get their asses kicked and retire afterwards. What if the fight happens and the first fight is dull or doesn't live up to the hype. What if the rematch gets stopped on a cut? We all know that fights can be worth the hype, or they can end terribly and disappoint the fans.

Im just hoping that these young fighters give us great fights and build the sport up to where its supposed to be once again. I miss the De La Hoya, Trinidad, Vargas, Mosley, Mayorga, Wright, Hopkins, and Forrest days when everybody fought eachother and made boxing worth watching. The 140 lb division was supposed to provide that, but we see how fast that plane crashed.

Brilliant Post! I agree 100%! I mean we aren't even past the drug testing. Wait till they bitch about purses, referees, and judges. By the time this fight happens, if it ever happens, at the rate this is going, most of us are gonna be in the old folks home, and won't care anymore. It just seems it's always something with these two for the last two years.

Jack

+Quote Post
riddick
post Aug 5 2011, 07:24 AM
Post #26

Amateur

Member No.: 12,555

Mayweather vs Pacquiao... see live on HBO pay-per-view.Coming soon... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post
Hops
post Aug 5 2011, 07:38 AM
Post #27

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

Just let Floyd pay for the USADA/WADA personnel to go and extract blood from Pacquiao when he's training in the Philippines. That person must be laughing his ass out coz he can take a vacation on one of the beaches of the Philippines, fuck some babes, and then take Pac's blood sample, fly it to U.S.A.. And then repeat the process again two weeks later.

Or maybe, USADA can set camp in the Philippines. For 1 month.

Talking about financial and logistics issues.

This post has been edited by Hops: Aug 5 2011, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 5 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Aug 5 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Brilliant Post! I agree 100%! I mean we aren't even past the drug testing. Wait till they bitch about purses, referees, and judges. By the time this fight happens, if it ever happens, at the rate this is going, most of us are gonna be in the old folks home, and won't care anymore. It just seems it's always something with these two for the last two years.

Jack

Thanks for the support man. I've been as patient as I possibly could be with this fight, but Im at the end of my rope. Im catching myself making excuses for both of these guys, and thats just crazy. I support both of them in whatever they do, but until they fight, I will leave it alone. Nobody even peeps the pattern here, these guys are leading us all to believe that the fight will happen soon, but yet they are fighting other fights and building up this big fight, all in the same breath.

If they were to have fought last March, then that would have been the highest purse yet, for both of them. Who else would they have fought after a rematch or trilogy, that would have generated that much money? Who else has been successful at building up their names and fight patterns to even bring these two as much money as they would have made off of each other? I see these two making as money as they can off of these premilinary bouts leading up to their showdown, then they will cash out and leave the sport hanging dry.

If they weren't being so selfish, then they could fight each other next year. Then the both of them could fight a total of four of these up and coming PPV stars (or lack there of) to build their little names up, then build up a rematch or maybe even a trilogy to close out their careers. So now, we will have retirement benefits in the sport after May and Pac leave, instead of feeling pressed to watch these slow rising stars, or even worse, people may really turn away from the sport for good after this megafight if these youngsters are nothing to watch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) I dont know about everybody else, but Im ready for Berto, Alexander, Bradley (really dont like him all that much), Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Matthysse, Martinez, and so forth, to start headlining these PPVs. May and Pac will not be around forever. Glad May is giving Ortiz a chance to shine, because eveybody else is getting older and older as we speak.

This post has been edited by cshel86: Aug 5 2011, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Aug 5 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #29

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Aug 5 2011, 08:36 AM) *
Thanks for the support man. I've been as patient as I possibly could be with this fight, but Im at the end of my rope. Im catching myself making excuses for both of these guys, and thats just crazy. I support both of them in whatever they do, but until they fight, I will leave it alone. Nobody even peeps the pattern here, these guys are leading us all to believe that the fight will happen soon, but yet they are fighting other fights and building up this big fight, all in the same breath.

If they were to have fought last March, then that would have been the highest purse yet, for both of them. Who else would they have fought after a rematch or trilogy, that would have generated that much money? Who else has been successful at building up their names and fight patterns to even bring these two as much money as they would have made off of each other? I see these two making as money as they can off of these premilinary bouts leading up to their showdown, then they will cash out and leave the sport hanging dry.

If they weren't being so selfish, then they could fight each other next year. Then the both of them could fight a total of four of these up and coming PPV stars (or lack there of) to build their little names up, then build up a rematch or maybe even a trilogy to close out their careers. So now, we will have retirement benefits in the sport after May and Pac leave, instead of feeling pressed to watch these slow rising stars, or even worse, people may really turn away from the sport for good after this megafight if these youngsters are nothing to watch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) I dont know about everybody else, but Im ready for Berto, Alexander, Bradley (really dont like him all that much), Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Matthysse, Martinez, and so forth, to start headlining these PPVs. May and Pac will not be around forever. Glad May is giving Ortiz a chance to shine, because eveybody else is getting older and older as we speak.

Gotta agree with you, I believe they both are hurting the sport with their antics. I truly believe they both think they are bigger than the sport itself right now. the fight needs to get over and on with so that boxing fans can have some closure and the debates can end. New stars deserve the right to shine and as long as they remain in the sport without fighting each other they are holding boxing back. There are so many good fights that can be made without either yet no matter who's fighting their names seem to surface in the telecast.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 5 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #30

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 4 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Hype do you think this fight is close to happening, heck do any of you do?

Yes I do, but not because Bob Arum wants it to happen. More than anything, Mr. and Mrs. Pacquiao want their money, particularly Mrs. Pacquiao, so I think they're really starting to push the issue.

Bob Arum saying "there are no issues" is more about him making sure he keeps Manny happy by making it look like that fight is a priority to him. Again, just look at the person Arum told that to...Michael Marley. That's their go-to guy when it comes time to spin a story. If there's any doubt that Michael Marley writes stories that he's told to write, just go read this article:

http://fighthype.com/pages/content10439.html

And be sure to listen to the audio clip. I'm telling you, both he and Koncz were exposed when they tried to spin a story to smash Tim James. The fact that Marley wrote stories that Koncz told him to write is all you really need to know. I mean, the guy was ready to tell the world who sent the infamous email, but the minute he got caught, that story never came out.

Honestly, if I were Arum, I'd distance myself from Marley if he wants to keep spinning stories. It's not a good idea to give information to someone who was caught red-handed trying to start a smear campaign because he was told to do so.

But yeah, anyway, I do think the fight is close, but more than likely, both guys will probably have one more fight before it happens. From the information I've heard, it's my opinion that Pacquiao, or should I say certain individuals around Pacquiao, would prefer for him to be out of his contract with Arum before the fight takes place. I'm not really sure if that's going to be possible, but I do think they're going to try. We shall see though.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:43 PM