IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather is scared of fighting Cotto!!! Even when May beat his ass..., Well.. according to Bob Arum
mrchitown
post Oct 11 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 11 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Dude came back with some fire too...as if he lost a real fight in the real world, and feels that he has some heavy lifting to do around here! Welcome back Dolimite! We know that you're 0-3 with your girlfriend (yeah, by his words, she's a tough one), but we'll still respect him around here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't think Sergio's body is wearing down like people think it is. If you look at it, he had about a 2 year stretch of consistent fights, and he was battling a nagging injury going into the Chavez fight, which he sustained more injuries in that fight. Fact is, when you're fighting a bigger guy, it's more wear & tear on your body, than it is on your opponent's. For instance, Manny was hurting himself, the whole time he pummeled Margarito.

Then Sergio came back and fought yet another big man (Murray), after surgery and sustained a hand injury in that fight I think this break will do him some good, especially if he comes back against a smaller Cotto, or at least has a tune-up bout in Argentina.

As for Cotto and his business moves, yeah, we're all in the same boat with that. The thing is, I don't think he'll even fight Canelo, regardless of whether or not he's a promotional free agent. At first, I thought he had some wiggle room to play both sides of the fence, with HBO/TR and Showtime/GBP...not so much at this moment.

In a Martinez fight (money wise), Cotto would be on the A-side of things, especially if they're fighting anywhere in the NY area around the time of the PR parade. Sergio, not so much. Where is his fan base anyway? He may have made some noise in AC, but that's about it.

NOW, at THIS point, Cotto's hurt himself (business wise) with GBP. Why? His stock rose after the spirited loss to Floyd, but then he went off and lost to Trout...somebody that he should've made Canelo fight, in order to face him. At that time, Cotto was still on the A-side of things, because he and Floyd were involved in the 2nd highest selling PPV in boxing history.

NOW, Cotto went on to lose to Trout, which set him back. Look at what happened after that. Caneo not only went on to beat Trout, but he then went on to sell the NEW 2nd highest selling (and grossing) PPV in boxing, with that 2.2M PPV against Floyd. Again, if he goes to GBP at THIS very moment...chances are, he'll be on the B-side against Canelo (in regards to money and figures). That 2.2M aint goin' nowhere, so Miguel has to deal with that.

And conveniently Professor comes back, brotha can't even enjoy himself round these parts no more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Love Cotto, huge fan but he has puts NFL players to shame, he's just stupid. He's ESPN 30 for 30 "Broke" stupid lol, his business decisions are along those lines. They really pushing for that Martinez fight but be careful what you wish for. Even a hobbled and fading Martinez will stop Cotto. This is too common and I'm not jumping on the train. He loses gets a new trainer and we hear "oh, Cotto is back from the dead", then immediately loses again and we hear "Cotto's done!", then he gets a new trainer and then it's he's back and it goes on and on and on. We heard this shit with Steward, we heard this shit with Pedro, now we hearing it with a deficient Freddy Roach.

I give Roach credit for planting the seeds for Miguel to go back to body punching and throwing that mean hook but Cotto was wide open like a $2 hoe, Delvin just didn't throw. If he would've been in with Trout or Lara or even Floyd last Saturday we'd be reminiscing on how great of a career he had. I need to see more before I just start getting all smiles and hallmark cards like some people

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2013, 01:36 AM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2013, 07:33 AM) *
Yea but even you have to be a bit annoyed at the fact that Arum's only angle to promote a fighter over the last few years has been to mention Floyd either being scared of them or said fighter being more exciting than Floyd has ever been. It's like c'mon. That record has played so much it's transformed into an 8 track.

And you really think that was Floyd's toughest fight? I always say I think his toughest fight was against Emmanuel Augustus (Burton). Roger and Floyd have said it as well.

arum's talk is just that....talk. it's like chitown telling us he runs his chick. we know he's just talkin and that she will check his ass with the quickness if she heard that talk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it just kind of goes in one ear and out the other.

i remember the augustus fight...and that wasn't easy either...but floyd stopped him. the fight with cotto went all 12 rounds and i think cotto landed on floyd and made him miss more than anyone he's ever faced. floyd used to say that augustus was his toughest fight...but i haven't heard him say it since he last said cotto was his toughest fight.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 12 2013, 01:40 AM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 11 2013, 10:02 AM) *
Dude came back with some fire too...as if he lost a real fight in the real world, and feels that he has some heavy lifting to do around here! Welcome back Dolimite! We know that you're 0-3 with your girlfriend (yeah, by his words, she's a tough one), but we'll still respect him around here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I don't think Sergio's body is wearing down like people think it is. If you look at it, he had about a 2 year stretch of consistent fights, and he was battling a nagging injury going into the Chavez fight, which he sustained more injuries in that fight. Fact is, when you're fighting a bigger guy, it's more wear & tear on your body, than it is on your opponent's. For instance, Manny was hurting himself, the whole time he pummeled Margarito.

Then Sergio came back and fought yet another big man (Murray), after surgery and sustained a hand injury in that fight I think this break will do him some good, especially if he comes back against a smaller Cotto, or at least has a tune-up bout in Argentina.

As for Cotto and his business moves, yeah, we're all in the same boat with that. The thing is, I don't think he'll even fight Canelo, regardless of whether or not he's a promotional free agent. At first, I thought he had some wiggle room to play both sides of the fence, with HBO/TR and Showtime/GBP...not so much at this moment.

In a Martinez fight (money wise), Cotto would be on the A-side of things, especially if they're fighting anywhere in the NY area around the time of the PR parade. Sergio, not so much. Where is his fan base anyway? He may have made some noise in AC, but that's about it.

NOW, at THIS point, Cotto's hurt himself (business wise) with GBP. Why? His stock rose after the spirited loss to Floyd, but then he went off and lost to Trout...somebody that he should've made Canelo fight, in order to face him. At that time, Cotto was still on the A-side of things, because he and Floyd were involved in the 2nd highest selling PPV in boxing history.

NOW, Cotto went on to lose to Trout, which set him back. Look at what happened after that. Caneo not only went on to beat Trout, but he then went on to sell the NEW 2nd highest selling (and grossing) PPV in boxing, with that 2.2M PPV against Floyd. Again, if he goes to GBP at THIS very moment...chances are, he'll be on the B-side against Canelo (in regards to money and figures). That 2.2M aint goin' nowhere, so Miguel has to deal with that.

totally agree. great post! that move reminds me of mosley after he chose to fight forrest and winky. two fights he didn't have to take....both cost him big $$$

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 12 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2013, 01:36 AM) *
arum's talk is just that....talk. it's like chitown telling us he runs his chick. we know he's just talkin and that she will check his ass with the quickness if she heard that talk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it just kind of goes in one ear and out the other.

i remember the augustus fight...and that wasn't easy either...but floyd stopped him. the fight with cotto went all 12 rounds and i think cotto landed on floyd and made him miss more than anyone he's ever faced. floyd used to say that augustus was his toughest fight...but i haven't heard him say it since he last said cotto was his toughest fight.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Asshole she read that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 12 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2013, 01:40 AM) *
totally agree. great post! that move reminds me of mosley after he chose to fight forrest and winky. two fights he didn't have to take....both cost him big $$$

Shane should've never took either of those fights, stylistically it was a bad match-up for him

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 12 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #26

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 12 2013, 02:36 AM) *

Just said it on the recent Howard Stern interview

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Oct 14 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Arum is a snake oil salesman. If he honestly believes that Cotto will NOW beat Mayweather then his age has truly caught up with him. Sad part is, again, people are buying into this shit. I haven't heard Cotto call out Mayweather, that should tell you something. If Cotto beats Martinez and even rematches Pac and wins then he an argument but even then, Floyd will still beat his ass. As Floyd gets older he seems to be getting better. We shall see...But if Cotto gets smoked by his next opponent Bob will be look like the old bitch he is.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 12 2013, 06:49 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Asshole she read that

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) serves u right.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 12 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Shane should've never took either of those fights, stylistically it was a bad match-up for him

He did get major props from me and serious fight fans for that but let's be honest...props don't pay bills.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 14 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 12 2013, 11:19 PM) *
Just said it on the recent Howard Stern interview

I remember him mentioning a few names.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:29 PM