Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chavez Jr. Might Have A New Trainer Upon Return
Gambit808
post Dec 24 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Rumor has it Roach may be losing yet another fighter in Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. after a bad 2012 that seen all of his top fighters take L's on their record. It's being said that either Nacho Beristain or Robert Garcia are in the top running to replace Roach. If Rumor holds true, I think it be a good Match for either trainer to take over. I'd leen more toward seeing Nacho Train him because I feel it being a no nonsense better mesh between Legendary Trainer teaching Son Of A Legend on the come up.

Your Thoughts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 24 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

He will transition seemlessly with Garcia but he would learn the most from Beristain. Lets face it. Beristain is an all time great. Garcias fighter are just punching bags with tons of heart.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 24 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 24 2012, 10:30 AM) *
He will transition seemlessly with Garcia but he would learn the most from Beristain. Lets face it. Beristain is an all time great. Garcias fighter are just punching bags with tons of heart.

I agree.

Nacho can tweek his mechanics better in terms of boxing, we all know Julio has a heart. Not to late for him to pick up some things at this point in his career.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 24 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Tho I think roach is overrated i don't think the trainer was the problem in this tandem. Nacho probably wouldn't have the patience at this age with julio. Garcia might, he already deals rios shit so I'm guessing he would be the better fit for him style wise too.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 24 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

yeah freddie was not the problem in that relationship. he gave good advice in the corner. the problem was and always will be Julio. he needs to respect the sport and grow up.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 24 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

doubt it'd make a difference, the kid tested positive for weed, he obviously wasn't taking it seriously.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 24 2012, 03:27 PM) *
doubt it'd make a difference, the kid tested positive for weed, he obviously wasn't taking it seriously.

C'mon MG...aint nothin' wrong with the good ol' herbs! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Anyhow, I think Nacho would help him a bit more than Garcia. Garcia's fighters were pretty much established before they got to him, I think Mikey has been with him pretty much from jump.

I just see Nacho helping Julio let his hands go (effectively) against faster fighters. With all this in mind, I hope Julio's eye injury wasn't too serious. Injuries like that, take years off of your career.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 24 2012, 08:57 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (flazi @ Dec 24 2012, 03:01 PM) *
yeah freddie was not the problem in that relationship. he gave good advice in the corner. the problem was and always will be Julio. he needs to respect the sport and grow up.

this. totally agree.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

...but c'mon now...Freddie Roach is the best trainer in the world, and the best in all boxing history. Give the guy a break. Sheesh...

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 24 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #10

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

i have a hunch chavez jr will largely fight the same regardless of trainers. imo he wins fights on the scale ...his chin and name are other big advantages that explain his career trajectory and record (and probably attitude, assuming the reports and tv shows are true).

in the scenario that i was wrong and that chavez jr became receptive to new and (ideally) helpful advice, I do think he'd be able to extend his career and remain a challenging opponent for most in the middleweight division. he eats so many punches though i really wonder how long he'll box for.

but it'd be very difficult for chavez jr to campaign anywhere higher where his weight advantage disappears. that is a situation where a trainer would be necessary but even then who knows?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 03:26 AM