Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nonito jumps ship to GBP
mexi-cutioner
post Mar 30 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #51

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

Arum's a piece of shit. Calling Donaire's wife a slut and talking down saying how filipinos dislike him and choose not to support him...then says how Donaire can't attract flies. Donaire has every right to want to leave, those are some low comments made by Arum, especially personal ones questioning his wifes integrity as well as Donaire's credibility as a fighter. Fuck Bob Arum, u can dislike the other promoters as much as u want, but Donaire has every right to leave especially when ur promoter thinks so lowly of ur wife and urself and openly voices those thoughts in public.

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Mar 30 2011, 01:40 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Mar 30 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #52

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Agree with all you guys, the sooner it happens the better!!!

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Mar 30 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #53

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

it's not too much, Viper. that type of thing really hurts boxing. some of my friends used to order boxing and UFC PPVs and watch both boxing and MMA, now they hardly ever watch boxing because of all the bullshit. i've talked a fair amount of shit about the UFC and MMA in the past but i might start watching it because boxing honestly doesn't have much to offer.

+Quote Post
and the NEW
post Mar 30 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 333

Same here gravy, I used to have friends to discuss boxing with, now they are few and far between. They have all become MMA fans and don't even keep upto date with boxing anymore. Very very sad for me to see.

Guys like Arum are single handidly wiping this sport out from a viewing perspective, despite the fact MMA and boxing are not mutually exclusive and there is as much talent out there in boxing as there has been in a long time! It is a disgrace!

This post has been edited by and the NEW: Mar 30 2011, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
Byrd Man
post Mar 31 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #55

Welterweight

Member No.: 6,422

This is what I don't get, and forgive me if this has been rehashed over and over, but I would think that Arum destroyed any chance for a working relationship with Donaire. He can talk all he wants about "We won't punish him, we'll talk to him and blah blah blah", but the facts are simple. You went public and said that Donaire wasn't shit. That you had at least four or five guys that could whip his ass.

You said that Donaire couldn't sell PPV's, that his own people didn't respect or support him. You disrespected his wife and absolutely carpet bombed the shit out of your relationship with Donaire.

Now you get him back, how the hell is that supposed to work? How is Donaire supposed to put his trust in someone that QUITE easily resorted to those insults. That was obviously stewing inside Arum for awhile, you don't just come out with all that nonsense otherwise.

I don't see how you can possibly have a relationship, I foresee a buyout from Donaire. There's no way that relationship can go forward and be anything but disaster.

It's best for both parties involved, if they just negotiate a buyout, say a million bucks or so, and let him go to GBP. That would have been his signing bonus, so you can call that even considering he did try to bolt despite having a valid contract.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Mar 31 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #56

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Whether you like arum or not, nonito signed a contract. He should fulfill that contract. These contracts need an exit strategy, where if one party is not happy with the performance of the other. The problem being that, yes nonito probably had a just argument after his win over Darchinyan which was followed by years of nothing fights. But then he got Montiel, which was a big fight, a unification, then he tries to bail... Arum can say hey, i did get you a big fight.

As i said, have some sort of exit strategy for poor promoition, or honour your contract before moving on. Better yet, self promote and manage your own career.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 1 2011, 08:31 AM
Post #57

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Mar 30 2011, 08:02 PM) *
it's not too much, Viper. that type of thing really hurts boxing. some of my friends used to order boxing and UFC PPVs and watch both boxing and MMA, now they hardly ever watch boxing because of all the bullshit. i've talked a fair amount of shit about the UFC and MMA in the past but i might start watching it because boxing honestly doesn't have much to offer.

I can't stand that MMA shit and would never turn away from boxing in favour of what I consider to be total crap aimed at a kiddie audience.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 1 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #58

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 1 2011, 08:31 AM) *
I can't stand that MMA shit and would never turn away from boxing in favour of what I consider to be total crap aimed at a kiddie audience.

i would. two athletes fighting for a title with 1 title per division, actually fighting live challengers once they've some success, and no chumps making[Berto] more than they deserve? i watch a lot of sports, everything from golf to formula one. i can respect any athletes doing something in the sport and like watching sports more than movies or TV shows, buying some UFC cards and having people over wont hurt my pride too bad lol.

i might like boxing more but i would get along just fine watching old boxing fights and current MMA fights. i don't ever really buy PPVs as it's because there's nothing to buy anyway, whether i like it or not the UFC does put on interesting matchups. i might not care about cats rolling around on the ground and kicking each other but it sure as shit beats a Mayweather sparring session or Pac beating the breaks off of a questionable opponent. boxing in my opinion hasn't even really put on a big fight of interest for some time now. Pac and Mayweather didn't even fight and they would have made probably 100x more than 1 of the top paid MMA fighters would make each.

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 1 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #59

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 31 2011, 03:15 AM) *
Whether you like arum or not, nonito signed a contract. He should fulfill that contract. These contracts need an exit strategy, where if one party is not happy with the performance of the other. The problem being that, yes nonito probably had a just argument after his win over Darchinyan which was followed by years of nothing fights. But then he got Montiel, which was a big fight, a unification, then he tries to bail... Arum can say hey, i did get you a big fight.

As i said, have some sort of exit strategy for poor promoition, or honour your contract before moving on. Better yet, self promote and manage your own career.

i bet Arum wouldn't have exercised that provision for a contract extension if he went to Dibella or someone lol. i bet this is about 90% to keep him out of GBP's hands and 10% to make Donaire miserable. someone making all those statements on record isn't going to fight to keep someone because they want them.

+Quote Post
Hops
post Apr 1 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #60

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

You are absolutely right Gravy. That's why, the need for exit strategy.

And AussieLad, I'm sure there's a protection clause for Donaire in case Top Rank sue. Only problem is that Donaire's career will stall again.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 03:31 PM