> Floyd Vs. Trout?
checkleft
post Feb 14 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 14 2013, 01:58 PM) *
You probably just saw Clottey/Pacquiao too. Its funny to observe posters go so far to post up their heroes. Giving them wins against guys that they would NEVER have fought because of the risk of losing. Clottey was one of those guy that would have made it an ugly fight. Anybody who watched Cotto fight Clottey will say that Clottey was robbed. That may have been one of the worst robberies in the sport at the time. Clottey got flashed in the 1st or 2nd round and then went on to win just about every other round, but the star got star treatment that night.

No dude, seen clottey on Fnf against cotto and didn't he lose to margarito?? . And who are you to tell people they don't know shit about boxing? You were just talking about how Kermit was a top guy in the ww division that Floyd dodged..?

Cmon bro and then you come out and say "oh clottey beat Judah!" When a few posts before you said "and don't say that shit about baldomir beating clottey"?!?! Wtf? You just contradicted your own logic lol come on.

Seriously dude I agreed with you about Floyd picking easier fights throughout his career but you defending this clottey Cintron point is beyond comical, especially when your telling EVERYONE they don't know shit about boxing Haha and your running around the thread talking like those two were the cream of the crop in the ww division.

And ps anybody who thinks clottey cotto was the worst robbery of all time needs to check himself before he tells people they don't know shit about boxing. That fight was close, yea I thought clottey deserved a close decision, but he doesn't do himself favors by getting floored on a jab and covering up half of every round.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 14 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 01:43 PM) *
No dude, seen clottey on Fnf against cotto and didn't he lose to margarito?? . And who are you to tell people they don't know shit about boxing? You were just talking about how Kermit was a top guy in the ww division that Floyd dodged..?

Cmon bro and then you come out and say "oh clottey beat Judah!" When a few posts before you said "and don't say that shit about baldomir beating clottey"?!?! Wtf? You just contradicted your own logic lol come on.

Seriously dude I agreed with you about Floyd picking easier fights throughout his career but you defending this clottey Cintron point is beyond comical, especially when your telling EVERYONE they don't know shit about boxing Haha and your running around the thread talking like those two were the cream of the crop in the ww division.

And ps anybody who thinks clottey cotto was the worst robbery of all time needs to check himself before he tells people they don't know shit about boxing. That fight was close, yea I thought clottey deserved a close decision, but he doesn't do himself favors by getting floored on a jab and covering up half of every round.

You dont know shit about boxing either. Clottey was up on points and cruising to a decision against Baldomir before he was DQ'd for being stupid with that fucking huge dome of his. Thats why I said dont even bother to bring it up because it wasnt all that close. It ended by way of DQ. How does that jive with me bringing up Judah/Clottey. Clottey was beating up Judah when Judah pretty much quit. Cotto got a HUGE gift. It was a controversial decision at the time. I called it a robbery as I watched it live on either HBO or ST. Apparently you did too. Just arguing just to be disagreeable. Many people on this board felt the same as you and me.

Never said Kermit Cintron was a world beater, but I believe he would have mopped the floor with the version of Sharmba Mitchel that Williams and Mayweather beat. You are taking things way out of context, intentionally to try to inflate your point. Keep it in perspective. YES CINTRON was top 5 at 147 about 5 or 6 years ago. I think he even grabbed a belt once or twice. Admit because its true. Would he have been a tougher fight for Mayweather than Mitchel, Judah and Baldomir? Hell f'n yes. Thats the only point I'm making. You are going out of your way to rearrange history to make a point, which dies when you try to apply it to what actually was 5 or 6 years ago. Economics and the fact that these guys would have been tough fights may have been the reason why Mayweather escaped the division without fighting these guys.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 14 2013, 02:37 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I felt you were taking it to another level, but I won't lose sleep over it. I still disagree that Kermit was top 5 ever in any division, the only reason he got a belt is because hbo and the sanctioning bodies handed it to him and tried to shove him down our throat as the next Puerto rican star. But you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not gonna drag my Sam cassell balls around telling everyone they don't know shit about boxing because they disagree with me like I'm roger mayweather bro. I know my boxing, you can ask around. But there's more then just economics to those fights just happening (even though that's probably the biggest reason). Those style match ups are terrible not only for the fighters but for the public. But I'm not gonna keep beating a dead horse here

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 14 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #44

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Feb 14 2013, 12:58 PM) *
You probably just saw Clottey/Pacquiao too. Its funny to observe posters go so far to post up their heroes. Giving them wins against guys that they would NEVER have fought because of the risk of losing. Clottey was one of those guy that would have made it an ugly fight. Anybody who watched Cotto fight Clottey will say that Clottey was robbed. That may have been one of the worst robberies in the sport at the time. Clottey got flashed in the 1st or 2nd round and then went on to win just about every other round, but the star got star treatment that night.

This.. while I don't agree with some of your posts.. this is spot on.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 08:34 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 10 2013, 12:12 PM) *
In terms of everything besides legacy this fight would be beneficial. And even enetertaining. I'd pay to see it. But at this point even with Virgil Hunter, i dont think ANYONE would get credit for beating Amir Khan. Exposure? Definitely, but credit? No. He is talented without a doubt but his glass jaw, tendency to get knocked out, and his loses in the biggest fights throughout his career outweigh his talent. As a HUGE Mayweather fan if i hear Mayweather Vs. Khan for May 4, please move Andre Ward to number 1 P4p...

As for Guerrero and that 4 million I guess it makes sense why he wants that purse. He knows Floyd has his back against the wall and in fact its smart of him to try to milk the situation as much as he can. But that doesn't mean thats what he's worth and i can't respect him for turning down that 2.5. His highest purse to date is 1 million. He'd be getting 250% more than he's ever made and this man won't fight because he wants 4 million ?! C'MONSON. As I mentioned before Victor Oritz had a FAR more extensive and impressive campaign at 140-147 and he stayed in his place and held on tight to his 2.5. Why can't Guerrero do the same? For a man that has no paper views, no belt at 147, who was unknown to even casual boxing fans 2 fights ago he sure has his nose held high. Why should he get half of what Cotto got? He hasn't contributed or accomplished half of what Cotto has in the sport and Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing with over 3 million ppv's!! Cotto broke records at MSG! No way in hell Guerrero deserves 4 million. He brings nothing to the table and win lose or draw he's the only one truly gaining from this situation.

Guerrero is no Roberto Duran. At least if he was a Force/Star at 135 with an impressive resume that jumped two weight classes. But this guy wasnt even that well known, publicized, or impressive.

This guy has been calling Floyd out for the past 2 years, claiming he wants to be the best. Claiming he wants to shock the world, and now when the opportunity is presented to him he gets money hungry? This guy is just trying to catch a come up.

I don't think anyone in Floyd's position would want to fight trout and i don't think Floyd will fight Trout. But thats the only viable option Floyd has unless Bundrage comes out victorious against Smith and Trout vs. Canelo happens on the undercard. Bundrage isn't a big draw either but if Floyd was willing to fight Alexander the great im sure they could make Bundrage work especially since Floyd/Bundrage are from Michigan. Bundrage is also very entertaining. But a Mayweather Bundrage fight is unlikely as well and thats not a fight i'd want to take after a layoff either. Floyd better hope Trout doesn't come out a Canelo fight with his hands raised because September will be a nightmare. Mayweather-Trout could go EITHER way.

I think someone mentioned Malinaggi. Malinaggi wants Maidanna so i don't think we'll see him in the ring with Floyd either.

As for Mayweather PEDboa lmaooo it would sure as hell be interesting /entertaining but Gamboa would get KTFO. And IF that fight materializes (coming from a big Mayweather fan) please put Floyd #3 P4P beneath Ward and Marquez. Floyd should just let Broner handle that on the undercard but Broner-Gamboa is to big of a fight to be an undercard fight.

you make a lot of valid points...

i'll say this... at one point ppl laughed at floyd when he talked about making 20 million a fight. he said he wanted to make 100 million and ppl thought he was crazy for that as well. he left that money on the table imo with the pac fight which would have been easy money for him.

guerrero asking for 4 million is very realistic. ppl laughed at him 2 years ago when he started calling out floyd. 2 wins later...and accomplishing something that only roberto duran and shane mosley have done before him is a big deal.

you're only worth what you think you are worth. think pennies...and that's what you'll get...think dollars...and that's what you'll get. i ain't mad at guerrero for asking for what he thinks he's worth.

if and when guerrero gets his shot at floyd...one thing is for certain, he's going to earn his money and i believe he's gonna make floyd work really hard for his.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 15 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 10 2013, 10:37 PM) *
Didn't this thread die like two minutes after someone posted it after trout beat miguel...?

i think a lot of ppl like myself never thought it was possible. with canelo facing trout now...it may happen.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 16 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #47

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

[quote name='daprofessor' date='Feb 15 2013, 08:34 PM' post='573810']
you make a lot of valid points...

i'll say this... at one point ppl laughed at floyd when he talked about making 20 million a fight. he said he wanted to make 100 million and ppl thought he was crazy for that as well. he left that money on the table imo with the pac fight which would have been easy money for him.

YEAP---- EASY MONEY------ Pacquiao has been the poster boy for HENNESY-- LMAO-- I don't recall seeing any commercials for Hennesy over the years.. PAC got KTFO and Hennesy commercials were running multiple times per hour..... Great marketing fromn the Hennsey camp-- capitalizing on PAC ALMOST GETTING KNOCKED INTO A COMA...LMAO

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 16 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

YEAP---- EASY MONEY------ Pacquiao has been the poster boy for HENNESY-- LMAO-- I don't recall seeing any commercials for Hennesy over the years.. PAC got KTFO and Hennesy commercials were running multiple times per hour..... Great marketing fromn the Hennsey camp-- capitalizing on PAC ALMOST GETTING KNOCKED INTO A COMA...LMAO
[/quote]

Pac wasn't chasing a rabbit he chased a counter right!

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 16 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #49

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

LMAO.....

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 12:23 AM