IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:45PM(ET)/7:45(PT)-Garcia vs Lopez-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
MAHDI
post Jun 16 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

[quote name='mrchitown' date='Jun 16 2013, 02:54 AM' post='583679']
Crawford continues to impress. That guy is going to be a force to be reckoned within is division.

Yeah the same division Broner abruptly abandoned... Crawford would eat Broner's food and drink his milk...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 16 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 16 2013, 09:05 AM) *
Yeah the same division Broner abruptly abandoned... Crawford would eat Broner's food and drink his milk...

It's a reason he left the division. It's not like he ducking. Broner and Crawford are highly skilled. I wish we could see that fight as I believe it's a pick'em fight. We most likely won't see this fight because of the industry and promotional bullshit. And that's a shame because that would be a huge fight for both guys

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jun 16 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 16 2013, 12:02 PM) *
It's a reason he left the division. It's not like he ducking. Broner and Crawford are highly skilled. I wish we could see that fight as I believe it's a pick'em fight. We most likely won't see this fight because of the industry and promotional bullshit. And that's a shame because that would be a huge fight for both guys

Yeap. Crawford seems more intelligent in that ring and can fight like hell conventional and southpaw.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 16 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 16 2013, 11:02 AM) *

I seriously doubt Crawford was the reason broner left 135 lol. Crawford had been fighting all of his fights there before the Prescott fight so come on. But there sure as hell is a reason broner and Crawford seem to want no part of 140.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 16 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jun 16 2013, 11:25 AM) *
Yeap. Crawford seems more intelligent in that ring and can fight like hell conventional and southpaw.

I feel sorry for Crawford's opponents. He is a ma. On a misssion

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 16 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 16 2013, 01:06 PM) *
I seriously doubt Crawford was the reason broner left 135 lol. Crawford had been fighting all of his fights there before the Prescott fight so come on. But there sure as hell is a reason broner and Crawford seem to want no part of 140.

True, I highly doubt Broner is afraid to fight Crawford and vice versa. Broner needs to fight at 140. It's too many names and tough opponents for him not too. He's going to get ridiculed severely if he doesn't fight the guys at 140

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 16 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Just watched the fight...Juanma looked like shit. Shame on me for even giving this guy a puncher's chance. I had NO IDEA that those losses had THAT much of an effect on him.

+Quote Post
frankypc
post Jun 16 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 2,106

I honestly think that Juanma has not been the same after the Mtawa fight in which he was very much out for the 11 and 12 rounds.

After that it was all downhill, he got hurt in every fight after that, has horrible balance can't seem to throw straight punches even if his life depended on it, has zero reflexes I mean he wasn't a defensive wizard but he could slip a few here and there. He actually had some sort of counterpunching skill which now is nonexisten, he wasn't the more versed guy but now he kinda looks slow and slurs a bit.

The signs are there it seems he can't accept it and his team is not helping him much because they make money of it. If I was his trainer and loved him like a son I would tell him you can continue but don't count on me training you anymore.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 17 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #19

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 16 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Just watched the fight...Juanma looked like shit. Shame on me for even giving this guy a puncher's chance. I had NO IDEA that those losses had THAT much of an effect on him.

I just watched the fight as well. I think Crawford should stay at 135 and try to clean that division out. Hell if Garcia goes up to Jr. lightweight then maybe he and Crawford could meet each other at a catchweight! Now that would be a fight.

I take nothing away from Mikey in this fight, he did what he had to do. Lopez looked like shit as you stated. He just did not seem at all interested in the fight or even motivated. He needs to hang up his career.

Crawford looked good as usual. Rigondeaux should move up. Hell if Donaire is thinking about leaving the division you could have a super fight with Mikey fighting Donaire, of course Donaire would need a new trainer.

Good fight, Roy Jones had me cracking up with his "good things" and "bad things" comments. I hate HBO commentators. I really do.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 17 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 17 2013, 11:59 AM) *
I just watched the fight as well. I think Crawford should stay at 135 and try to clean that division out. Hell if Garcia goes up to Jr. lightweight then maybe he and Crawford could meet each other at a catchweight! Now that would be a fight.

I take nothing away from Mikey in this fight, he did what he had to do. Lopez looked like shit as you stated. He just did not seem at all interested in the fight or even motivated. He needs to hang up his career.

Crawford looked good as usual. Rigondeaux should move up. Hell if Donaire is thinking about leaving the division you could have a super fight with Mikey fighting Donaire, of course Donaire would need a new trainer.

Good fight, Roy Jones had me cracking up with his "good things" and "bad things" comments. I hate HBO commentators. I really do.

You're right, he didn't seem motivated or interested in the fight. Its like he didnt even have a game plan...sad. Dude was straight windmilling in the last two rounds, and missing horribly. He made Garcia look like he had supreme foot and head movement, smh.

I mean seriously, he HAD to know that Garcia wasn't planning on having a long night, because he had a hard time making weight...no need for Mikey to get into the later rounds. Since Garcia is so patient in the ring, I figured that he would stick his jab out there, and Juanma would counter it all night and make him switch up his strategy. But nope... he went for broke, from the opening bell.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 01:26 AM