IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Kovalev vs. Agnew-SPOILERS, No New Thread Spoilers, or Public Streams
Hotsauce
post Mar 30 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #121

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

the ncaa tournament is GOAT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 30 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #122

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Kovalev-Stevenson would be about who has the best chin. I have no idea what type of chin either fighter has. I imagine both fighters will land bombs. You can tell that Kovalev is EXTREMELY confident. If Stevenson can match that confidence, I think he wins if all else is equal. I wish we could see the fight.

I feel the same way. Hopkins on a good night troubles both. However, I think Bernard is running out of good nights. Let's see how well Kovalav and Stevenson handle adversity in a fight before we judge them to be great. I see power in both and a will to win. But can they handle pressure as well as give pressure to an experienced opponent?

Jack

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 30 2014, 11:31 PM
Post #123

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2014, 09:54 PM) *
I know I am late, but I was busy watching Arizona being kicked out of the NCAA tournament! HA! To the fights:

The most interesting thing about tonight was how HBO was pointing all blame on Adonis for not fighting Kovalev not fighting. I know they have to feel real stupid for not making both fighters sign the contract back in January.

Mayfield fight I was a little pissed. Smoger did a piss poor job as usual. Excessive holding and Mayfield being hit in the nuts twice with no point deduction, I found odd. I think Mayfield needs to stay busy, dude has talent but could not fight because he was being tied up. Hopefully he learns from this loss and moves forward.

Kovalev and Agnew, this was a great fight for HBO, lots of blood and big shots, the kind of fights HBO loves. I kept thinking how would Roy Jones fight Kovalev, with speed and pot shots. I think Adonis who is much faster than Agnew could catch Kovalev. I would like Adonis is a KO. Adonis has that heat.

HBO was doing there usual cheerleading oh well

on a side note> I just saw the Pac and Bradley faceoff, Bradley is going to eat Pac alive. And watching the 24/7 Bradley wants it.

Lmao I bet you was!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2014, 08:43 AM) *
You mean after watching UCLA get trounced before lmao

+1

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 1 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #124

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Though Fonfara's fight with Stevenson hasn't come up yet his handlers and Agnew's people are talking about a potential fight later in the year here in Chicago. Could be a good one, I liked what I saw from Agnew on Saturday, he just faced a better fighter that night

As for Kovalev, Pascal's name keeps popping up. He's a free agent, going to be interesting to see how 175 shakes out now

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 1 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #125

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 1 2014, 10:54 PM) *
Though Fonfara's fight with Stevenson hasn't come up yet his handlers and Agnew's people are talking about a potential fight later in the year here in Chicago. Could be a good one, I liked what I saw from Agnew on Saturday, he just faced a better fighter that night

As for Kovalev, Pascal's name keeps popping up. He's a free agent, going to be interesting to see how 175 shakes out now

I would've liked to ve' seen more from Agnew though. He could've let his hands go a bit more, but true, he just wound up facing a better fighter. I'd say he did enough for future opponents to be able to analyze tape of Kovalev's flaws and openings to be countered on the same way Harrera was for Danny Garcia. Stevenson would be foolish to give Agnew a shot after waving off Kovalev. You telling me all that talking like his main objective is to make money fights was so he can flip sides and settle to fight a guy coming off his 1st career loss via KO, from the guy who people are yelling that he may be duckin? Come on son! Agnew need a redemption fight.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Apr 1 2014, 10:29 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 2 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #126

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 1 2014, 10:54 PM) *

I liked what I saw from Agnew too...well, a little. To me, he just didn't move enough for attempt to turn Kovalev. He just stood there with his guard up high, and let Kovalev tee off until he found a good shot to place on Agnew.

I would like to have seen him move just a bit more and turn Kovalev. I hate to see a guy in there against a power puncher, and it appears as if they're trying to see if they can take their power, rather than keeping the power puncher busy and not having enough time to sit down on anything.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 2 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #127

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

You're right if he wasn't so focused on taking the punches he could have made it a much better fight ...or much quicker.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 2 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #128

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 2 2014, 10:31 AM) *
I liked what I saw from Agnew too...well, a little. To me, he just didn't move enough for attempt to turn Kovalev. He just stood there with his guard up high, and let Kovalev tee off until he found a good shot to place on Agnew.

I would like to have seen him move just a bit more and turn Kovalev. I hate to see a guy in there against a power puncher, and it appears as if they're trying to see if they can take their power, rather than keeping the power puncher busy and not having enough time to sit down on anything.

He should've moved more, and what killed me is when Agnew just threw caution to the wind and fired back he hit Sergey and backed him off at times. I think there was a bravado there that played against him, fighters get caught up too much in taking the pier instead of not wanting to find out if their opponent is hard hitting or not. He should've used more defense instead of trying to be brave

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 2 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #129

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 1 2014, 10:26 PM) *
I would've liked to ve' seen more from Agnew though. He could've let his hands go a bit more, but true, he just wound up facing a better fighter. I'd say he did enough for future opponents to be able to analyze tape of Kovalev's flaws and openings to be countered on the same way Harrera was for Danny Garcia. Stevenson would be foolish to give Agnew a shot after waving off Kovalev. You telling me all that talking like his main objective is to make money fights was so he can flip sides and settle to fight a guy coming off his 1st career loss via KO, from the guy who people are yelling that he may be duckin? Come on son! Agnew need a redemption fight.

No, my bad let me explain, there was a buzz for the toe to fight before and now their handlers. Mainly Agnew's are trying to make the fight regardless of if Fonfara wins or not. It would be Fonfara and Agnew here in Chicago. But Fonfara's people were on board but now they are said to be looking towards Bernard if he wins which I find weird because Fonfara was the mandatory for the longest for the title Bernard has and never took the fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 3 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #130

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 2 2014, 10:56 PM) *
You're right if he wasn't so focused on taking the punches he could have made it a much better fight ...or much quicker.

Hopefully he learns from this and gets another shot at the big stage, rather being on Kovalev's higlight reel.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 3 2014, 12:16 AM) *
He should've moved more, and what killed me is when Agnew just threw caution to the wind and fired back he hit Sergey and backed him off at times. I think there was a bravado there that played against him, fighters get caught up too much in taking the pier instead of not wanting to find out if their opponent is hard hitting or not. He should've used more defense instead of trying to be brave

I'd take your word over anybody else's, and I'm pretty sure you saw the same thing, or close. Well you said that he threw caution to the wind, and I saw him taking chances here and there, but like you said, he backed off at times. I feel like he used defense, which may not have been smart defense, because he stood there with his guard up and let Kovalev fire off.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:33 PM