Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Connect The Dots, Mayweather's Opponent For Ring Return
Gambit808
post Dec 4 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I recently read off Boxingscene about how Canelo wants to again, negotiate a fight with Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo weekend since the bad luck ginger head man again, had to witness a fighter he expected to win, obviously not win. Though that would make Mayweather the obvious plan B, the article would go on to read that he (Canelo) feels it would be difficult given the fact that Mayweather has plans to return to the ring in Febuary 2013 & later IN THE SAME YEAR of September 2013, and when it comes to making the terms to Who, What, When, Where to fight, we all know who wins that battle.

Now, if in fact that is true and things do not AGAIN go "Canelo's Way", then that (to me) leaves 1 opponent out of 6 potentials, who could possibly make that date in Febuary and my bet is on... Robert "The Ghost" Guererro.

Not Trout (too soon), Not Pacquiao (for reasons that would take 3 years to explain), Not Bradley(though it has been said that he is scheduled to fight in Febuary against an opponent TBA), Not Alverez, Not Maidana... If a Mayweather return in Febuary is true, then I can't think of no other opponent that makes more sense than a scrap with The Ghost. It's Sellable, It's a good test to see how/if Mayweather can still handle a busy, durable southpaw with a good chin and some technical boxing skills as well, why not?

Your Thoughts

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 4 2012, 10:56 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 4 2012, 10:25 PM) *
I recently read off Boxingscene about how Canelo wants to again, negotiate a fight with Mayweather for Cinco De Mayo weekend since the bad luck ginger head man again, had to witness a fighter he expected to win, obviously not win. Though that would make Mayweather the obvious plan B, the article would go on to read that he (Canelo) feels it would be difficult given the fact that Mayweather has plans to return to the ring in Febuary 2013 & later IN THE SAME YEAR of September 2013, and when it comes to making the terms to Who, What, When, Where to fight, we all know who wins that battle.

Now, if in fact that is true and things do not AGAIN go "Canelo's Way", then that (to me) leaves 1 opponent out of 6 potentials, who could possibly make that date in Febuary and my bet is on... Robert "The Ghost" Guererro.

Not Trout (too soon), Not Pacquiao (for reasons that would take 3 years to explain), Not Bradley(though it has been said that he is scheduled to fight in Febuary against an opponent TBA), Not Alverez, Not Maidana... If a Mayweather return in Febuary is true, then I can't think of no other opponent that makes more sense than a scrap with The Ghost. It's Sellable, It's a good test to see how/if Mayweather can still handle a busy, durable southpaw with a good chin and some technical boxing skills as well, why not?

Your Thoughts

Of course it "looks" like Mayweather will be fighting Guererro, but we must look at all sides to this. #1 We all know money talks & they dont call him "Money" for nothing. #2 When was the last time Mayweather fought 2 times in 1 year? Like 5 years ago?? #3 We havent heard nothing from Team Mayweather(Leonard or Floyd himself) about what his plans are. Unitl then we only know what we hear from other sources.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 4 2012, 11:20 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *
Of course it "looks" like Mayweather will be fighting Guererro, but we must look at all sides to this. #1 We all know money talks & they dont call him "Money" for nothing. #2 When was the last time Mayweather fought 2 times in 1 year? Like 5 years ago?? #3 We havent heard nothing from Team Mayweather(Leonard or Floyd himself) about what his plans are. Unitl then we only know what we hear from other sources.

#1 Of coarse we know with Mayweather "Money Talks" lol, I can't be the only one that thinks this fight can sell. Can u honestly not see the big picture on how this fight can be sold?

#2 True... No argument there, seeing is believing.

#3 Also True... Just giving my 2 cents on the possibility of if it's true, which opponent makes more sense to fit the bill. I Gamble, therefore I encourage bold predictions.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2012, 02:56 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

squeaky wheel gets the oil.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2012, 10:56 PM) *
When was the last time Mayweather fought 2 times in 1 year? Like 5 years ago??

If we want to go by a "school year", then yes he's fought twice. Sadly, that isn't the case here. You're right, dude hasn't fought twice in a calender year, in about 5 years. LOL

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 5 2012, 02:56 AM) *
squeaky wheel gets the oil.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Honestly, I'm so over Canelo making himself famous by spewing these dude's names out.

Floyd- We haven't heard SHIT from Team Mayweather, and everybody and their grandma's uncle's cousin wants to fight him, so why even mention him?

Cotto- He just lost, so GBP can save the whole, "Well, we WERE gonna fight Cotto, but he lost". No yall weren't, cut the BS.

Trout- Canelo's too damn scared to fight him...wouldn't wanna derail that Canelo hype train, now would we?

Kirkland- nowhere to be found.

Molina- he'll make Canelo look like shit, but flying wombats will invade the ring and Molina will be blamed and disqualified for it. Either that, or Molina will get knocked down Canelo, just to make the count, and Pat Russell will be ref that fucks it up. He'll finish the count and ask Molina if he's okay, Molina will happen to sneeze, and Russell will call the fight off. Molina's luck.

Angulo- seems like a good fight, but that will more than likely happen later and actually be a B.A.D. card.

Ortiz- is he still on a liquid diet?

With this in mind, Canelo and GBP needs to just STFU and sign that K-9 fight. They didn't sign the mofo for no reason. All of this bullshit will flushed away with a K-9 fight being signed. Then the bullshit "Who's next for Canelo?" talks will resume after he takes K-9's belt and give him that payday that he's been crying about.

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Dec 5 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #6

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2012, 12:51 PM) *
If we want to go by a "school year", then yes he's fought twice. Sadly, that isn't the case here. You're right, dude hasn't fought twice in a calender year, in about 5 years. LOL

Honestly, I'm so over Canelo making himself famous by spewing these dude's names out.

Floyd- We haven't heard SHIT from Team Mayweather, and everybody and their grandma's uncle's cousin wants to fight him, so why even mention him?

Cotto- He just lost, so GBP can save the whole, "Well, we WERE gonna fight Cotto, but he lost". No yall weren't, cut the BS.

Trout- Canelo's too damn scared to fight him...wouldn't wanna derail that Canelo hype train, now would we?

Molina- he'll make Canelo look like shit, but flying wombats will invade the ring and Molina will be blamed and disqualified for it. Either that, or Molina will get knocked down Canelo, just to make the count, and Pat Russell will be ref that fucks it up. He'll finish the count and ask Molina if he's okay, Molina will happen to sneeze, and Russell will call the fight off. Molina's luck.

Angulo- seems like a good fight, but that will more than likely happen later and actually be a B.A.D. card.

With this in mind, Canelo and GBP needs to just STFU and sign that K-9 fight. They didn't sign the mofo for no reason. All of this bullshit will flushed away with a K-9 fight being signed. Then the bullshit "Who's next for Canelo?" talks will resume after he takes K-9's belt and give him that payday that he's been crying about.

I don't even have to read the poster's name to know it's CShel86. Keep keepin it real...

+Quote Post
flazi
post Dec 5 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2012, 08:51 AM) *

LMAO. Molina tears into this guy and gets tore into by the judges and the ref. Molina is our generation's road warrior.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 5 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2012, 12:51 PM) *

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 5 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Whoever it is,

It has to be a big money maker guy with little risk for Floyd's first fight back. I was gonna say Pavlik, who I think is really shot but is a money maker. According to Max Boxing, Pavlik is fighting Ward in January. For Ward, a name guy, but an easy payday, same for Floyd. But, Floyd fights now only once a year, so the number of fights left due to age is gonna be limited.

Jack

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 5 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Well, I don't see Floyd fighting an Arum guy. If he does, then that throws all his credibility regarding the Pacquiao fight out the window. I once thought it would be Bradley, which makes sense, but he's Arums fighter, so it doesn't. Guerrero would make the most sense after that. Guerrero can be ready in February. Guerrero is beatable and will take short money to make it happen. Plus he's a credible welterweight in that he just beat Andre Berto.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 06:22 AM