Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hasegawa vs. Montiel, Rounds 1-3
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,455

Round 1: Hasegawa comes out jagging right away. It's pretty much a feeling out process at the moment.
Not a lot of action, but Hasegawa is definitely the agressor and faster fighter. With 10 seconds left,
Hasegawa catches Montiel with a nice straight left that he shakes off and out stretches his arms to
show that it didn't bother him.

Round 2: Montiel looks a little timid in there and he's yet to land anything significant.. With this being
my first time seeing him fight, I'm sure if he's a slow starter. I give the first two rounds to Hasegawa
for being the busier fighter.

Round 3: Hasegawa lands a nice left 1-2 to Montiels abdomen and lands a few nice hooks. I think it's
a matter of time before Hasegawa catches him with something big. A lot of posturing and not much
action. Hasegawa is certainly trying to turn it into a fight.

(My apologies fellas. This is my first round by round..lol)

Round 4: Hasegawa comes out jabbing while Montiel seems content on just countering. He needs to
pick up the pace because he will NOT win a decision in Japan, that's for sure. Nice straight left to
the body by Hasegawa. DAMN!! Montiel catches him with a sick combination and Hasegawa is motionless
against the ropes and Lawrence Cole waives it off seconds before the bell!!

Winner and NEW WBC Bantamweight Chamption, Fernando Montiel!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 05:38 AM
Post #2

Amateur

Montiel needed to heat up and he did just that! Damn!

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 30 2010, 05:56 AM
Post #3

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

GREAT win for Montiel. Hasegawa was up 3-0 or 2-0-1 but Montiel was winning the 4th before the stoppage. Hasegawa is a P4P type fighter and will be back...

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 05:57 AM
Post #4

Amateur

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 05:56 AM) *
GREAT win for Montiel. Hasegawa was up 3-0 or 2-0-1 but Montiel was winning the 4th before the stoppage. Hasegawa is a P4P type fighter and will be back...

It sure was a good win bro. A knockout was the only way he was going to leave Japan with that belt.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 30 2010, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Choppin Headz Boi!

QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 10:57 AM) *
It sure was a good win bro. A knockout was the only way he was going to leave Japan with that belt.

Have to watch it again. Hasegawa is a very good boxer and probably won the first 3 rounds very clearly I gotta watch it again I remember the 4th being pretty close. Hasegawa was looking good in there though. Hasegawa is only 27 he'll be back. I can't see anyone else at BW beating him other than Montiel.

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 06:15 AM
Post #6

Amateur

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:11 AM) *
Have to watch it again. Hasegawa is a very good boxer and probably won the first 3 rounds very clearly I gotta watch it again I remember the 4th being pretty close. Hasegawa was looking good in there though. Hasegawa is only 27 he'll be back. I can't see anyone else at BW beating him other than Montiel.

I also had him up 3 rounds to none. Nishioka just knocked out some kid and there's been talk for a while about Hasegawa moving up to super bantam, so maybe they'll be looking to match them two together. What do you think?

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 30 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #7

Choppin Headz Boi!

QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 12:15 PM) *
I also had him up 3 rounds to none. Nishioka just knocked out some kid and there's been talk for a while about Hasegawa moving up to super bantam, so maybe they'll be looking to match them two together. What do you think?

That's a good fight. Nishioka is the best at that weight...he's a really strong fighter. But I think Hasegawa's a better boxer. Hasegawa by UD would be my pick but Nishioka has a punchers chance. I wouldn't really pick many fighters to beat Hasegawa 122 down Montiel maybe Donaire but thats it.

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #8

Amateur

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:24 AM) *
That's a good fight. Nishioka is the best at that weight...he's a really strong fighter. But I think Hasegawa's a better boxer. Hasegawa by UD would be my pick but Nishioka has a punchers chance. I wouldn't really pick many fighters to beat Hasegawa 122 down Montiel maybe Donaire but thats it.

I hear you. He's definitely a problem and I'd love to see him and Donaire go at it and I also see him outpointing Nishioka. I'm not sure if you recorded it or not, but I'm putting it together as we speak and can shoot it over to you and anyone else who'd like to check it out. Is it possible to upload video here on the forums?

+Quote Post
BigG
post Apr 30 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #9

Choppin Headz Boi!

QUOTE (GinJapan @ Apr 30 2010, 12:28 PM) *
I hear you. He's definitely a problem and I'd love to see him and Donaire go at it and I also see him outpointing Nishioka. I'm not sure if you recorded it or not, but I'm putting it together as we speak and can shoot it over to you and anyone else who'd like to check it out. Is it possible to upload video here on the forums?

Awesome, create an account at youtube.com then upload there. That's the best way.

+Quote Post
GinJapan
post Apr 30 2010, 06:36 AM
Post #10

Amateur

QUOTE (BigG @ Apr 30 2010, 06:31 AM) *
Awesome, create an account at youtube.com then upload there. That's the best way.

Ok, I'll definitely do that and will shoot over the link once it's uploaded.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 01:23 PM