IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime: Shobox@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Redkach vs. Luis-SPOILERS, A Quadruple Header of Up and Comers Tonight.
Jack 1000
post Jan 17 2014, 03:51 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Check out Showtime Boxing tonight for the first installment of Shobox for 2014. As always, keep everything in this thread for discussion.

Here's the card. Credit: Fightnights.com:

http://fightnights.com/boxing-matches/Redkach-vs-Luis/1646

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 17 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Watched the 1st fight and missed the decision cleaning the damn snow off my car. That fight kinda set the tone for the night. It was fought at a frenetic pace and so far this 2nd fight between Douglas and Davis is being fought the same way

The only problem here is that Davis is throwing but he's missing and missing badly. Douglas is landing at damn near 70% thru 3rds and he's throwing more slightly then Davis but he's landing more at an embarrassing rate. Credit to Davis, he's making his opponent work but he's not making him pay. Douglas is impressing me thus far

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2014, 05:16 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Thank God for DVR...thanks to my girlfriend and her attempt at an "early movie"...somehow a 5:10 PM turned into dinner at a Mexican spot at 7:30 PM, to top shelf Margaritas, to a "WTF happened last night" look on our faces this morning. Lol

I'm currently watching the Hooker/Ramos fight...pretty solid bout...just wondering if Ramos is gonna outlast him, because he isn't as talented as Hooker. Ramos is coming back in the 5th and is stalking...though he's down 4 rounds...

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 18 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

i missed the first fight as well, but rest of the card was exciting with the high-point in the galarza/thompson bout...won't try to completely ruin it for you cshel. in the douglas fight, i was surprised by two things: 1) that douglas kept up that frantic pace throughout the majority of the fight and 2) davis is a tough dude with lots of heart esp after losing a tooth.

redkach/luis was a barn burner as well albeit a sloppy fight. total miscall by the ref in the early rounds - forgot if it was 1st or 2nd.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2014, 05:33 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

The first fight was great! Both guys made it clear that they don't have much pop, but Hooker did enough to win...he moved, used his jab, threw punches when he was hurt...he did enough. Ramos did some good body work and I was counting on his left hook to catch Hooker, but it was the right hook.

Anyhow, a majority has taken place here. If I were Hooker, I'd be pissed...because he left too much up to chance, especially to be the more talented of the two.

77-75 Hooker
76-76 Draw
76-76 Draw

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

This Douglas kid looks like Riddick Bowe, lol. He took the first round...crisp combos was the story of the round. Davis needs to use his jab and his freakin feet...he's just standing there now.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Goddamn Galarza just CRUSHED Thompson with a right hand as soon as the 2nd round started. He threw a couple more shots, then came the left hook that finished him. UUUUUUGLY

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 18 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 18 2014, 07:22 PM) *
Goddamn Galarza just CRUSHED Thompson with a right hand as soon as the 2nd round started. He threw a couple more shots, then came the left hook that finished him. UUUUUUGLY

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

the way thompson landed must have hurt just as bad as that hook. telecaster was spot on, thompson has a great, fast, flashy jab but his head is just there for the taking

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:02 AM