> Ward-Rodriquez Prediction
mrchitown
post Nov 16 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #21

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 16 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Ward has cleaned out the 168 division 2 years ago. He needs to test himself if he wants the top spot and draining Dawson down does not count lol The guy hasnt even been on PPV yet. Lets see how Ward handles a Stevenson.

What does the fact that he hasn't fought on ppv mean? I fail to see you point there. There are only 2 or 3 big fights at both 168 and 175. Stevenson is good but this dude done had his lights turned out by a C-level fighter. Adonis is just like Gennady, his power is his only shot at beating a fighter like Ward. Kovalev has a better chance of beating Andre then Stevenson. Don't say he drained Chad because Chad said he could make the 168 limit. You using the same excuse people use for the loss Canelo had to Mayweather Jr. I guess we can say those 2lbs really hurt him right? If Dawson doesn't count then it's a few fights of Mayweather's that don't count either. See how your logic can be turned into the truth back on you

And imo he's the number 2 P4P guy but if he hadn't of had that injury you could argue he should be number 1. 2yrs ago, like you say.eho was Floyd fighting. Fighting the likes of Ortiz and a hobbled Shane while Andre was fighting tough fight after tough fight against the likes of Kessler, Froch and on and on. I guess Guerrero was such a huge test too. He can stay at SMW and be good, a fight with Gennady is clearly where they're pushing him and possibly a fight with Chavez Jr, that clearly trumps a potential match up with the likes of the lightning quick Amir Khan. His resume in that time span you speak of his better then Floyd's.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 16 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 16 2013, 01:44 AM) *
Good call. How well can Ward recover from being stunned or staggered? Floyd had one or two rocky moments. (Judah, Mosley, Castillo I.) Ward hasn't had that yet. I'm not convinced however that Rodriguez is going to provide that test. But Stevenson would be a strong test.

Jack

Ward has been stunned a few times, he's good at not letting his opponent see it

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 16 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 16 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Why not stick him up there with the heavyweights...

Yup....making the same dumb argument that critics make for Floyd. I guess Floyd should move up to 160 if he wants to cement his legacy and really be am ATG....when Ward moves up and dusts these boogeymen that these people are so found of they're going to be calling for something else like a jump to HW. It kills me the stuff some come up with

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Nov 16 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #24

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 16 2013, 09:01 AM) *
What does the fact that he hasn't fought on ppv mean? I fail to see you point there. There are only 2 or 3 big fights at both 168 and 175. Stevenson is good but this dude done had his lights turned out by a C-level fighter. Adonis is just like Gennady, his power is his only shot at beating a fighter like Ward. Kovalev has a better chance of beating Andre then Stevenson. Don't say he drained Chad because Chad said he could make the 168 limit. You using the same excuse people use for the loss Canelo had to Mayweather Jr. I guess we can say those 2lbs really hurt him right? If Dawson doesn't count then it's a few fights of Mayweather's that don't count either. See how your logic can be turned into the truth back on you

And imo he's the number 2 P4P guy but if he hadn't of had that injury you could argue he should be number 1. 2yrs ago, like you say.eho was Floyd fighting. Fighting the likes of Ortiz and a hobbled Shane while Andre was fighting tough fight after tough fight against the likes of Kessler, Froch and on and on. I guess Guerrero was such a huge test too. He can stay at SMW and be good, a fight with Gennady is clearly where they're pushing him and possibly a fight with Chavez Jr, that clearly trumps a potential match up with the likes of the lightning quick Amir Khan. His resume in that time span you speak of his better then Floyd's.

It means he aint made it yet...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Nov 16 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 16 2013, 09:25 AM) *
It means he aint made it yet...

Dumbest damn logic ever. RJJ was never a PPV magnet. Same for Mosley and Hopkins. If fighting on a PPV is making it then then maybe the sport is doomed

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 16 2013, 10:34 AM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Only when you're a black fighter do you have to leave your division to "prove yourself" even while being top 3 P4P. Everyone is always talkin about who they should go up and fight. Nobody asks themselves what the fuck did said fighters do? I thought when you're at the top, people are supposed to come to you. Not the other way around. Ward and Floyd don't need to prove shit. Everyone else does. There should be a tournament to fight them lol Fuck it. Tired of all these dudes getting 1 or 2 signature wins and people acting like they're the baddest chick at the club lol.

BTW, fuck you Edwin Rodriguez (yet another fighter who walks around feeling entitled). Talked all that shit about Andre Ward needing you blah blah blah. Biggest fight of your career and you fail to make weight by 2 pounds? I hope Andre Ward makes him pay heftily for that shit. To the point where coins comes out his ass like Sonic.

Sorry guys. My Knicks are lookin like shit. I'm a bit on edge lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 16 2013, 10:36 AM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 16 2013, 10:14 AM) *
Dumbest damn logic ever. RJJ was never a PPV magnet. Same for Mosley and Hopkins. If fighting on a PPV is making it then then maybe the sport is doomed

To your point, other than Pacquiao and Mayweather, nobody really is nowadays. Maybe Cotto? Canelo someday? PPV stardom is a rarity so if "making it" is defined by being a PPV star then you can count on one hand who actually has.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:03 AM