+Quote Post
SylentKnghtz
post Jan 27 2014, 11:04 PM
Post #22

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,102

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jan 27 2014, 12:56 AM) *
I was thinking the same thing when listening the announcers, without that fighter input commentary there would be no point at all to the commentary. I think they should 2 announcers with fighting experience and then just 1 who is an analyst. Because having 2 sports analysts who clearly don't know shit about getting in the ring always takes away from watching the fight....Would also be a good way to get some publicity as a fighter if they had a different fighter for each fight night.

Andre ward, Roy Jones, and Paulie Malinaggi would be an awesome commentary team, just scrap the rest of them fuus, Shotime isn't as bad but they are still pretty bad when it comes to prospects not putting their opposition away, like its something to be ashamed of to dominate your opponent for a whole fight and not knock him out....Even bring back George foreman.

You can see why Mayweather blew up on HBO and bounced, no surprise that it was his last fight on HBO too...The Cotto fight was on Shotime right?

R.I.P Emanuel steward

Good Stuff, I agree.... and yeah Cotto fight on Showtime.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 28 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jan 28 2014, 02:15 AM) *
I thought he did a great job, this is just one fight where he couldn't risk running into something by a crafty guy like Burgos who had already hurt him earlier in the fight, boxing fans need to recognize that boxing isn't about throwing combos all the time, Floyd is winning with 1-2 shots so there's no set amount of how many punches, combos or otherwise that defines whether one is boxing or not.

As long as Mikey keeps winning he will be fine whether it's with 1 punch or 2 at a time.

The issue then will be what if your fighting a guy that can punch just as accurately as you, and as fast as you, and react just as fast, for more than 1-2 punches. That's when your in trouble. I'd rather he learns to throw combinations when needed than one day to discover he should of been taught this when some dudes pounding his face in and all he's ever done is throw 1-2 punches.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:34 PM