IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

daprofessor
post Mar 8 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #101

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 7 2013, 11:47 PM) *
With Lawrence Cole as ref in Texas, because the influence of "Daddy Dickie," I predict that some corruption is very likely. You have Golden Boy, who like Arum caters to the Mexican-Latin American fighters and their clientele. You have the WBC, who has been known throughout their history to cater to the Mexican-Latino population and their fighters. You have Texas itself, which does often violates ABC Rules to get what they want even though they are a member of the ABC. (The use of the WBC 4th and 8th round Open scoring in Chavez-Rubip and Garcia-Morales in violation of ABC Rules.) The ABC recommending that Holyfield in the past not being allowed to fight anymore for medical reason, but Texas looking the other way. Chavez Jr. being allowed to skip drug testing by the commission, and than the WBC doing anything and everything for Julio's kid because of his Dad's legacy embedded in that organization.

Why would Delahoya put Alverez in such a tough fight against Trout, who could beat him, perhaps soundly, unless something's gonna go down with the officials in this fight. I know Cole is going to get the ref assignment and he will favor Alvarez in this fight, No Doubt (pun intended) that Trout MUST stop Alvarez to win. If I were Trout I would start at least trying for fairness in the fight with at least two neutral judges for the fight and better yet a non-Texas ref. What good will that do? The WBC has stronger influence than the WBA a lot of times on official selection, based on the commission. Dick Cole was a ratings chair and former WBC Supervisor for years. The Cole's are so influential in Texas. They are literally millionaires. Alverez is not Mexican, but his following will be HUGE for this fight. How many people are going to be in favor of Trout for this fight?

This will be worse than Chavez-Whitaker's draw. I had the fight actually closer at 116-113 or 7-4-1 for Whitaker. This fight is Diaz-Malinaggi I with at least one near shut-out card for Alvarez if any rounds are even competitive. Trout will get no breaks in this fight. If he maybe does everything but kill Alverez, he might possibly get a draw on the cards. In Diaz-Malinaggi a close fight that could have gone from a draw to no more than a two-point edge either way the fight was scored:

115-113 (Diaz) "Fine and Fair" (Raul Caiz Sr.) California

116-112 (Diaz) "Biased" (David Southerland) Oklahoma

118-110 (Diaz) "Corrupt", "Sick" and "Fucked Up Shit" (Gale Van Hoy)

Source: Box Rec.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1412530

Now, put Alvarez instead of Diaz's name on at least two of those cards in the Trout fight for the winner and that's what's gonna happen. I think Paulie Malinaggi would agree on this as well. Trout is about to be taken hook, line and sinker in this fight by the judges. I would love to be wrong about this whole post and have neutral officials in this fight. However, given the past history of the Texas Commission and influences above, I can't see that happening.

Jack

alvarez is mexican.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Mar 8 2013, 04:24 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 8 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #102

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 8 2013, 01:24 PM) *
alvarez is mexican.

His name is Orphan Annie. Again this fight will make Chavez Sr. vs. Whitaker look fair. This will be the robbery of the century. No way Golden Boy will have their cash cow lose. Orphan Annie by a wide UD.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 8 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #103

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 8 2013, 04:09 PM) *
His name is Orphan Annie. Again this fight will make Chavez Sr. vs. Whitaker look fair. This will be the robbery of the century. No way Golden Boy will have their cash cow lose. Orphan Annie by a wide UD.

Stand corrected yea he is Mexican but I LOVE the "Little Orphan Annie" nickname!!!! hahahaha!!! That's better than "Cinnamon Head!!!" However, Dolimite and I see the same fate of Trout getting robbed.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 9 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #104

Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 8 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Stand corrected yea he is Mexican but I LOVE the "Little Orphan Annie" nickname!!!! hahahaha!!! That's better than "Cinnamon Head!!!" However, Dolimite and I see the same fate of Trout getting robbed.

Jack

Jack this robbery will be so bad that Teddy Atlas will retire from the sport of boxing completely. Chavez Sr. will demand Orphan Annie give Trout a rematch! This robbery will so bad that Pacquiao (haven't typed his name in ages) will admit that Juan won fight 3. This robbery will be so bad that Billy the Kid will come back and give all the money he stole from the banks back. This robbery will be so bad that George Bush will admit that he lost to Gore. This will be the worse robbery of all robberies ever in the history of sports.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 14 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #105

Middleweight

First off, Orphan Annie's hair is incredibly gay! I don't even know what to say.. Trout looks like he is ready for business. I have my money on Trout even though I know it will be a robbery of all robberies. I just hope for a great fight and more importantly I hope for honest judges and a good unbiased ref! What do yawl think?
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-canelo-t...-houston--63355

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 14 2013, 09:37 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #106

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Trout was right when he told him he wouldn't be enjoying a size and weight advantage in this fight. This is gon be a real nice fight, if they both bring it the way we know they can it might be a FOTY candidate

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 14 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #107

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 14 2013, 09:36 PM) *
First off, Orphan Annie's hair is incredibly gay! I don't even know what to say.. Trout looks like he is ready for business. I have my money on Trout even though I know it will be a robbery of all robberies. I just hope for a great fight and more importantly I hope for honest judges and a good unbiased ref! What do yawl think?
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-canelo-t...-houston--63355

Good staredown!

However, the issues remain. If there is a fight to be marred by biased judging in Alvarez's favor this is it. Do you think Trout knows he is going to get robbed? Honestly, if I were him, I would threaten to pull out of the fight unless neutral officials are appointed and the venue is changed to a neutral setting. I hope Trout knows what is about to happen to him. Why would he allow the corrupt commission of Texas as the site for this fight? If I am Trout, seriously, I walk unless their is a venue change. You all know what's going to happen otherwise.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 15 2013, 05:55 AM
Post #108

Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 14 2013, 08:44 PM) *
Good staredown!

However, the issues remain. If there is a fight to be marred by biased judging in Alvarez's favor this is it. Do you think Trout knows he is going to get robbed? Honestly, if I were him, I would threaten to pull out of the fight unless neutral officials are appointed and the venue is changed to a neutral setting. I hope Trout knows what is about to happen to him. Why would he allow the corrupt commission of Texas as the site for this fight? If I am Trout, seriously, I walk unless their is a venue change. You all know what's going to happen otherwise.

Jack

Jack this robbery is going to make Chavez Sr. and Sweet Pea look fair. Ironically San Antonio is where Chavez Sr. and Sweet Pea fought, it will be the exact same outcome except Orphan Annie will come out with his hand raised while Trout will take that L. It will be a very sad day in boxing. Teddy Atlas will put out a three page Op ed to display his disgust, DOn King will quit the boxing in protest and Bob Arum will die of a heart attack over the shock.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 15 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #109

Middleweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/photo-canelo-tr...avericks--63366

GREAT PROMOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was genius!!! Love it love it love it!!!!!! Outstanding by Golden Boy!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 15 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #110

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Somebody really doesn't like Canelo on here.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:21 AM