Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Larry Merchant leaving HBO, replaced by Max Kellerman
HaydelHammer
post Dec 15 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 128

Won't miss him at all. Guy was critical of great boxers for years live on air and praised zero defensive slug fest between two cans expending themselves in a way HE saw fitting. To him that was boxing. To me it was stupid.

He criticized guys who mastered the art of boxing because they didn't fight the way HE wanted them to fight.

So long ....GTFO..won't be missed here at all. Guy did ZERO for boxing the last decade PLUS imo. He was nothing more than a fan bitching about how he didn't like (majority of the time) or liked(rarely) something according to him and what HE liked.

BYE!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 15 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Dec 15 2012, 08:38 PM) *
Won't miss him at all. Guy was critical of great boxers for years live on air and praised zero defensive slug fest between two cans expending themselves in a way HE saw fitting. To him that was boxing. To me it was stupid.

He criticized guys who mastered the art of boxing because they didn't fight the way HE wanted them to fight.

So long ....GTFO..won't be missed here at all. Guy did ZERO for boxing the last decade PLUS imo. He was nothing more than a fan bitching about how he didn't like (majority of the time) or liked(rarely) something according to him and what HE liked.

BYE!!!!

Perfectly said. Ironically I have an article just waiting to go that's going to deal with that. Merchant isn't the only one making a mockery of the sport.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 15 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 15 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Christmas came a bit early this year.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

His presence will be missed in big fights, but his bullshit has ran it's course. He obviously had ringside seats to David vs Goliath, so if he doesn't see a guy's organs hanging out during a fight, then he deems it boring.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 16 2012, 01:44 AM
Post #14

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Fuck Merchant and his mama.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Dec 16 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #15

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

About time. He had a fair innings and has laid down the gauntlet.

Kellerman sucks, Lampley is worse...get Tyson trained up, sit him next to RJJ....Im happy.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 16 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Tyson on commentary? Da fuk?

+Quote Post
HaydelHammer
post Dec 16 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

Member No.: 128

Roy is good. Tarver is good. Kevin Kelly also.

Shane Mosley ...ehhhh..not good imo. Like to see Paul Malignaggi live call one or two to judge him. Zab was ok the couple fights I saw his call, not bad imo. James Toney..NOPE. Bernard was ok.

Larry won't be missed at all IMO.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Dec 16 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Kellerman is the best of the white boys

RJJ is great with the fighter's input, George Foreman is great too.

Fuck Merchant, I miss Steward (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , i wish he could have seen Marquez/Pac 4.

My favorite 3 for announcing a fight were Kellerman, Steward, and RJJ. Foreman for RJJ is acceptable...There's just something about Jim lampely that makes me wanna spar him haha, and if Merchant were to give me my after fight interview, he might have gotten hit a few times. Merchant was too critical for some people but then would back off of others, going through mayweather's fights, i see how annoying he can is.

Teddy atlas should be on one of the big networks, i like him announcing in FightNight Champion.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 17 2012, 03:35 AM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

larry merchant's departure is long overdue. his opinion, blatant disrespect, pompous, arrogance and disdain for highly skilled boxers had no place on hbo imo. his miseducation of the viewers and journalists has done damage to the sport he claims to love. george foreman put it best...."you see boxing larry...i know boxing."

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 17 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I guess this is the part where I talk about his good qualities and act like he'll be missed even though we didn't always agree with his ways. Sorry. Used all that when Steward passed. Other than the fact that he's become synonymous with major Boxing events, there is nothing I will miss about that man's commentating. It took years for his words to come out his mouth, and when they did, often times they probably should have stayed in. Thank you HBO for this early Xmas gift. My birthday is in February. I expect to see Lampley gone by then lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:15 PM