IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Senior: I'm the best trainer, I did nothing wrong.... Lil Floyd needs a reality check
and the NEW
post Sep 2 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 1 2011, 06:31 PM) *
i think floyd sr extended dlh's career. had he kept fighting the way he was...he would have been ko'd a lot sooner than the bhop fight. vargas would have ko'd him if it wasn't for that shoulder rolling. look at dlh's fights without floyd sr. he looked like a robot against floyd jr and pac.

floyd sr created floyd jr and gave him the foundation for what he is today.

Against Vargas, he lined DLH up and threw them straight down the pipe and landed cleanly that right hand because of DLH joke of a philly shell.

DLH was old in those fights, look at him before that, under Alcazar, he was known for his power boxer-puncher style. He looked in great physical shape. Then he started chopping wood and couldn't crack an egg. Compare DLH before Floyd Mayweather Sr to his progression whilst with Mayweather Sr, not the one that couldn't even get a punch off against Pac.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 2 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

1- Senior is NOT the best trainer. Where is this proof? It is a slap in the face to the many other professional trainers who have a much better resume of fighters and champions.

2- Okay so you developed a phenom in Floyd as an amateur, but Roger did practically all the Professional training for Floyd Jr. Sure you deserve credit, but your arrogant ass should learn to give Roger more credit for developing Jr.

3- Roger was a better fighter than you. Just saying.

4- Grow up and sit back and watch and enjoy your son, STOP trying to make everything about you!!!

5- You did wonders for Hatton against Pac. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Shit, I could have trained Hatton better than your tardy disrespectful ass.
Did you forget the part to tell him to keep his hands up?

6- And speaking of giving credit, I would say most credit goes to Floyd Jr. for all his talents and his dedication to training(when he is actually fighting that is).

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 2 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (and the NEW @ Sep 2 2011, 01:44 AM) *
Against Vargas, he lined DLH up and threw them straight down the pipe and landed cleanly that right hand because of DLH joke of a philly shell.

DLH was old in those fights, look at him before that, under Alcazar, he was known for his power boxer-puncher style. He looked in great physical shape. Then he started chopping wood and couldn't crack an egg. Compare DLH before Floyd Mayweather Sr to his progression whilst with Mayweather Sr, not the one that couldn't even get a punch off against Pac.

dlh used to fight like a robot with zero head movement and used his legs and block as his primary and secondary defense. floyd sr taught him how to stand in the pocket and conserve his energy while making his opponent miss completely. of course he was old when floyd got him....and because of floyds understanding of defense, he was able to extend his career. under alcazar...he would have eventually been ktfo'd. he went back to being his robot self with beristain.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 2 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 2 2011, 02:05 AM) *
1- Senior is NOT the best trainer. Where is this proof? It is a slap in the face to the many other professional trainers who have a much better resume of fighters and champions.

2- Okay so you developed a phenom in Floyd as an amateur, but Roger did practically all the Professional training for Floyd Jr. Sure you deserve credit, but your arrogant ass should learn to give Roger more credit for developing Jr.

3- Roger was a better fighter than you. Just saying.

4- Grow up and sit back and watch and enjoy your son, STOP trying to make everything about you!!!

5- You did wonders for Hatton against Pac. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Shit, I could have trained Hatton better than your tardy disrespectful ass.
Did you forget the part to tell him to keep his hands up?

6- And speaking of giving credit, I would say most credit goes to Floyd Jr. for all his talents and his dedication to training(when he is actually fighting that is).

floyd jr and roger didn't teach themselves to box...floyd sr did.

hatton was secretly training with another trainer while in camp with floyd sr. both trainers had opposing game plans. hatton chose to go against floyds sr's plans....and we all saw what that got him. ktfo'd.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 03:03 PM) *
floyd jr and roger didn't teach themselves to box...floyd sr did.

hatton was secretly training with another trainer while in camp with floyd sr. both trainers had opposing game plans. hatton chose to go against floyds sr's plans....and we all saw what that got him. ktfo'd.

And the whole world knows this, but like I said earlier, Sr. just wants his ass kissed properly and to his liking. He cant seem to build his own camp/champion, but he can manage to impose his "delusions of adequacy" on Floyd's camp. The best thing for him to do is shut up, take a seat, and appreciate the fact that his millionaire son isn't as disgusted with his life-threatening stupidity to the point that doesn't even want to give him money for doing nothing. Shit, Sr. could still be stuck back in Grand Rapids selling drugs and feeling sorry for himself because his son became something in life and didn't include him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 2 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:19 PM) *
And the whole world knows this, but like I said earlier, Sr. just wants his ass kissed properly and to his liking. He cant seem to build his own camp/champion, but he can manage to impose his "delusions of adequacy" on Floyd's camp. The best thing for him to do is shut up, take a seat, and appreciate the fact that his millionaire son isn't as disgusted with his life-threatening stupidity to the point that doesn't even want to give him money for doing nothing. Shit, Sr. could still be stuck back in Grand Rapids selling drugs and feeling sorry for himself because his son became something in life and didn't include him.

the man has ego that is only matched by his sons. i can go on about how if he was secure in what his capabilities were he wouldn't have to say shit. but the fact remains...he is who he is....he likes to talk shit. it doesn't take away from what he knows and what he's capable of. i've seen him do his thing first hand....i've seen other great trainers do their things first hand...and i can tell u, from what i know, floyd sr is one of the best in all of boxing. period.

+Quote Post
jlupi
post Sep 2 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 2,117

dlh used to fight like a robot with zero head movement and used his legs and block as his primary and secondary defense. floyd sr taught him how to stand in the pocket and conserve his energy while making his opponent miss completely. of course he was old when floyd got him.>>>>

DLH fought tight before and after mayweather got him. he still got tired (his primary weakness) because he fights so tight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 2 2011, 06:56 PM
Post #38

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 2 2011, 05:42 PM) *
the man has ego that is only matched by his sons. i can go on about how if he was secure in what his capabilities were he wouldn't have to say shit. but the fact remains...he is who he is....he likes to talk shit. it doesn't take away from what he knows and what he's capable of. i've seen him do his thing first hand....i've seen other great trainers do their things first hand...and i can tell u, from what i know, floyd sr is one of the best in all of boxing. period.

Im not knocking the fact that he is a great trainer, but that is what he needs to be doing more of, training! Instead he chooses to whore for some spotlight by any means, including engaging in a debate with his son, whom he has a rocky relationship (a rocky relationship that cant withstand jesting), that he knows will always lead to the expected but unexpected arguments. While he is starving for attention, by way of his son whose name ring bells in good/bad ways, his "greatest trainer of all time" role is being overshadowed by such antics. Hell, who is he training that has a name nowadays? I know that he trained Vernon Paris for his FNF bout with Tim Coleman, but this idiot "couldn't make it" to the fight for some reason. What was he probably doing? Probably up his son's ass. He is good when he plays his position, but when he sparks up this sort of media, it makes you forget about his "talent". At least when his son screws up outside of the sport, he can at least return and contribute something of substance, but when Sr. scews up, we cant say that he being distracted from training his fighters for upcoming bouts.

+Quote Post
scallum
post Sep 4 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #39

Amateur

Member No.: 12,318

If there is no Sr there is no Roger or Floyd Jr in boxing end of thread. Those guys owe much credit to Sr. Folks from the.hood have a bad habit of not respecting those who got them started. I got a younger brother started in his biz and gave him clients that pay all his bills. My younger brother is ungrateful just like Lil Floyd but he is not disrespectful.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 6 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 2 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Im not knocking the fact that he is a great trainer, but that is what he needs to be doing more of, training! Instead he chooses to whore for some spotlight by any means, including engaging in a debate with his son, whom he has a rocky relationship (a rocky relationship that cant withstand jesting), that he knows will always lead to the expected but unexpected arguments. While he is starving for attention, by way of his son whose name ring bells in good/bad ways, his "greatest trainer of all time" role is being overshadowed by such antics. Hell, who is he training that has a name nowadays? I know that he trained Vernon Paris for his FNF bout with Tim Coleman, but this idiot "couldn't make it" to the fight for some reason. What was he probably doing? Probably up his son's ass. He is good when he plays his position, but when he sparks up this sort of media, it makes you forget about his "talent". At least when his son screws up outside of the sport, he can at least return and contribute something of substance, but when Sr. scews up, we cant say that he being distracted from training his fighters for upcoming bouts.

i don't know all of who sr is training at the moment, but i do know he still trains amateurs. how many big name trainers in the sport can say that? he's building them from the ground up...and that takes time. if and when he gets another fighter to the top, we'll know it's because he has real skill as a trainer. not because his gym just happens to be the popular spot and another finished product has walked through his doors.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 11:19 AM