Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 92 of 112 Boxing Media scored for Floyd
fightscoreollect...
post May 5 2014, 06:01 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

With the fight being a close one, I was expecting much more votes for Maidana.

All scores on the British Boxing News Site.... http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/latest/fea...-marcos-maidana

I had it 115-113 Mayweather, my full card is on there too.

How did you all have it??

Comments Welcome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 5 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

7-5 for Mayweather, I didn't see 8 or 9rds to give to Floyd. But I damn sure ain't see no draw either

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 5 2014, 12:59 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Rewatched today with a mate, saw quite a few close rounds that could of easily caused a draw, I mean between 7-5, it's just one round to go the other way.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 5 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I had it 117-113. No matter how I look at the fight, I don't see Maidana landing anything close to the right hand he landed in the 5th. After that it was business as usual imo. I am a fan of both guys, but I can't score someone based on ineffective agression alone.

7 Floyd
3 Maidana
2 Even

+Quote Post
littlemac
post May 6 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 13,882

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 5 2014, 05:21 PM) *
I had it 117-113. No matter how I look at the fight, I don't see Maidana landing anything close to the right hand he landed in the 5th. After that it was business as usual imo. I am a fan of both guys, but I can't score someone based on ineffective agression alone.

7 Floyd
3 Maidana
2 Even

I respect your opinion but have to disagree some on your point about ineffective aggression. Although Chino wasn't landing a lot of those punches it was effective in my eyes because he caused Floyd to shell up a ton and not really create any of his own offense. I know ring generalship can be pretty subjective but if one guy is doing something that stunts the ability for another guy to do something and forces the other guy to fight in a way he doesn't usually like to fight, I think that's an effective method. I'd also note, one could possibly even argue that Chino's best defense with Floyd was actually the full out aggression that he was using (just trying to throw a power punch here and there will have Floyd picking you apart).

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 6 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

8-4 Floyd or 7-5 Floyd is good indeed IMO. It's all subjective like someone said, some will score for aggression and others for clean landing. I loved the gameplan and yes it's very dirty but that is the only way to make Floyd fight uncomfortable besides using a constant hard jab.

In a rematch Floyd picks where he left off late in the fight as he keeeping the fight moreso in the middle of ring and picking Marcos apart.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 6 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I actually had it 3-2 Maidana after the 5th, 4-4 end of the 8th, then Floyd won the last rounds 3-1... 7-5 but looks close but even though it was competitive, never felt Maidana could actually hurt him inside like that

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post May 7 2014, 01:18 AM
Post #8

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

I just caught a replay tonight and watched it twice. Both times i came up with 7-5 for Maidana. As a whole Floyd looked like a more poised, better formed Boxer. But Maidana took it to him and made it ugly, just like he should have! Many of Maidana's effective punches were in clinches landing on the sides and maybe some to the back of Floyd's head (Floyd was turning his head a lot ...) and to his body so we didn't see many of the face contorting shots like Mayweather was landing, didn't make them uneffective though!

This post has been edited by happygocampy: May 7 2014, 01:19 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 7 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (happygocampy @ May 7 2014, 02:18 AM) *
I just caught a replay tonight and watched it twice. Both times i came up with 7-5 for Maidana. As a whole Floyd looked like a more poised, better formed Boxer. But Maidana took it to him and made it ugly, just like he should have! Many of Maidana's effective punches were in clinches landing on the sides and maybe some to the back of Floyd's head (Floyd was turning his head a lot ...) and to his body so we didn't see many of the face contorting shots like Mayweather was landing, didn't make them uneffective though!

What network did you catch in on replay? if you don't mind me asking

I had it 8-4 for Floyd. I had Maidana winning 3 of the first 5 rounds but only one round after the 6th (I think it was the 8th round). I thought Floyd took him into deep water and drowned him in the 2nd half of the fight. Maidana was rough and rugged, as expected, but ultimately sound boxing and way better stamina prevailed. End of the day, if one guy is out-landing you for like 6 str8 rounds AND at over 60% accuracy and you're throwing punches but only landing about 20% of your shots, you typically don't deserve to win. Especially when you didn't land anything that visibly stunned or hurt him. Conversely, Floyd's body shots seemed to take the wind out of Maidana.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 7 2014, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post May 7 2014, 12:12 PM
Post #10

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

My Cousin DVR'd it and that's how i saw it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:18 PM