IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:30PM(ET)/6:30(PT) Cloud vs. Hopkins-SPOILERS, No New Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:23 PM
Post #141

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2013, 01:46 AM) *
I definitely missed Emmanuel's gifted insight tonight

And I saw a clip of the end of the convo between Hopkins and Cloud both were being disrespectful to one another but I still can't tell who initiated it

And did anybody watch the fight game?

they're getting really desperate when they bring a guy like iole to drive one of their points. the show sucked as usual. i really wish they would stop with the nonito donaire bullshit. stop trying to push his vada testing. when he gets rid of the drug dealer, i'll buy into the bullshit. also, what has this guy done to be rated above marquez??? i love ward, but what has he done to be rated above marquez??? i can see floyd, bhop then marquez. i never gave much credence to p4p lists. they're all speculative at best.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #142

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 10 2013, 01:47 AM) *
True

They need to make the most of Chavez, who does draw a substantial amount of viewers. Broner will be there, but he needs to be careful about jumping weight classes, like he's about to do with this Malignaggi fight.

The commentary wasn't the worst, but it wasn't the best. Ward is getting better, maybe he just needs more experience. If you've heard him talk boxing before, he knows his stuff...he just needs to find a better way to blend in with the HBO cast.

they just need to get rid of the rest of them dipshits. i can listen to ward without the other ass clowns.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #143

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 10 2013, 01:48 AM) *
Ouch!!! The Old Bastard singes me again... Glad I didnt bet money. Actually a pretty damn good display of footwork and timing by Hopkins. He may be able to keep it going until he's in his 50's. He just beat the brakes off a young cat tonite.... Whenever i count him out he wins!

you ain't the only one! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #144

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Mar 10 2013, 01:49 AM) *
He must ingest his PED through his nostrils..... Lol
Didn't he get fired on his day off? GTFOH Tarver!

no one will ever forgive him for ktfo'ing rjj. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) let it go man.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:29 PM
Post #145

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 10 2013, 02:29 AM) *
lol for the life of me I don't understand how you take the stuff and then look like you've never competed before

it was the same with james toney. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #146

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 10 2013, 01:27 PM) *
I accidentally recorded the HBO Latino version for this fight! And at first it was like Shit! But in the end, sort of glad I missed the pom-pom shaking commentary that is typical of HBO.

115-113 or 7-5 Hopkins. MUCH closer than what some had. I think both did well. In fact, after 10 rounds I had it 5-5, with Hopkins closing the show strong in the last two rounds. Surprised Harold gave the 12th to Cloud. Hopkins just did a little more in spurts to win close, but clear. Cloud could have maybe gotten a draw on a biased card if he would have done more bullying. I thought it was going to be dirty and rough, but the ref took good control early. Hopkins deserved this win and the judges 117-110, 116-112 were very good. I thought 117-110 for Hopkins was a little too wide.

Jack

i thought cloud would keep forcing exchanges. that's the way to beat the old man. make him work. if you let him rest close to two minutes per round, he's going to beat you.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 10 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #147

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was going to reply last night but that fight was so dull I fell asleep lol

#1. It's not often I toot my own horn but I called this one. Cloud is tailor made for B-Hop. He's a dumb fighter who relies solely on power punches. He can't make adjustments in the ring. Add to that, he has a new trainer, which means he was inevitably going to come in the ring trying to do something he isn't accustomed to. B-hop picked his dumb ass apart. I was very bored watching this fight and to be honest, it was more because of Cloud. Hopkins isn't the most exciting fighter, but I'm a fan who appreciates the sweet science, so I don't mind the more strategic fights. However, this fight was like watching Mayweather vs Baldomir. After a while, it gets tiresome seeing a guy get peppered and being content with the fact that he won't get KO'd.

#2 Don't know if it was mentioned before, but what about that anal sore soliloquy Lampley's "Fight Game" became. First of all, what happened to to his set? lol Did they decide it isn't worth the money? Secondly, what was with the I hate that I miss you monologue Lampley was dragging on and on? I'm going to start calling him Crampley because he sounded like a whiny girll on her period. Then, he ironically followed his "how dare Mayweather leave" cries with an ovation applauding Nonito Donaire on his stance to clean up the sport. The same shit those clowns said Floyd used as excuses all of a sudden make Donaire a martyr?

#3 What was the huge uproar for between rounds 2 and 3? It damn sure wasn't because of the action in the ring. I just saw everyone looking up and the crowd went crazy.

#4 Robert Guerrero may hold HBO's future on his back. HBO's schedule is looking sketchy going forward and the marquee guys are seemingly making the move to Showtime. When you have to rely on Top Prank fighters to provide a a quality lineup, you're in deep waters. Top Prank and HBO's relationship has been tumultuous to say the least. A Guerrero win could potentially change that though.

#5 Keith Thurman won clearly but Zaveck kind of took the wind right out of his sails. Once cocky, Thurman seemed humbled as hell last night. He got tested and rocked probably more than any other time in his career.

#6 It's almost a shame Andre Ward is such a great fighter because he's going to be an incredible commentator lol. I love how he said, with all due respect, that he didn't want to be on "The Gatti List." lmao

This post has been edited by Franchize: Mar 10 2013, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 10 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #148

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Mar 10 2013, 02:01 PM) *
I have never seen this ref before if I am not mistaken...and he did a good job for sure! I had it 116-112. Very surprised by Cloud not punching - the way he fought after that cut should have been his game plan for the whole night. But there is something about Hopkins that makes you think I guess.....

he makes you flat out miss...and even when you land, it's not flush. it takes more energy to miss than to land. these guys know that so they become more economical with their punches and bhop takes over because they're much easier to hit.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 10 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #149

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 10 2013, 08:35 PM) *
I was going to reply last night but that fight was so dull I fell asleep lol

#1. It's not often I toot my own horn but I called this one. Cloud is tailor made for B-Hop. He's a dumb fighter who relies solely on power punches. He can't make adjustments in the ring. Add to that, he has a new trainer, which means he was inevitably going to come in the ring trying to do something he isn't accustomed to. B-hop picked his dumb ass apart. I was very bored watching this fight and to be honest, it was more because of Cloud. Hopkins isn't the most exciting fighter, but I'm a fan who appreciates the sweet science, so I don't mind the more strategic fights. However, this fight was like watching Mayweather vs Baldomir. After a while, it gets tiresome seeing a guy get peppered and being content with the fact that he won't get KO'd.

#2 Don't know if it was mentioned before, but what about that anal sore soliloquy Lampley's "Fight Game" became. First of all, what happened to to his set? lol Did they decide it isn't worth the money? Secondly, what was with the I hate that I miss you monologue Lampley was dragging on and on? I'm going to start calling him Crampley because he sounded like a whiny girll on her period. Then, he ironically followed his "how dare Mayweather leave" cries with an ovation applauding Nonito Donaire on his stance to clean up the sport. The same shit those clowns said Floyd used as excuses all of a sudden make Donaire a martyr?

#3 What was the huge uproar for between rounds 2 and 3? It damn sure wasn't because of the action in the ring. I just saw everyone looking up and the crowd went crazy.

#4 Robert Guerrero may hold HBO's future on his back. HBO's schedule is looking sketchy going forward and the marquee guys are seemingly making the move to Showtime. When you have to rely on Top Prank fighters to provide a a quality lineup, you're in deep waters. Top Prank and HBO's relationship has been tumultuous to say the least. A Guerrero win could potentially change that though.

#5 Keith Thurman won clearly but Zaveck kind of took the wind right out of his sails. Once cocky, Thurman seemed humbled as hell last night. He got tested and rocked probably more than any other time in his career.

#6 It's almost a shame Andre Ward is such a great fighter because he's going to be an incredible commentator lol. I love how he said, with all due respect, that he didn't want to be on "The Gatti List." lmao

Interesting points!

I have been fast-forwarding through most HBO undercards lately because of their predictability. Watch a fighter that HBO wants to pom pom as the next big thing against C+ competition (or worse.) I think HBO should work on undercards and in many cases main events were their in strong doubt as to the winner and said card is producing quality fighters not, "Let's go gs-gs for the HBO guy because management wants it that way.

Considering that Hopkins is 47 years old smf Cloud was good but limited, I found the fight to be more entertaining than other Hopkins fights. But like Max has said, you don't go into Hopkins fights for action, you go in wondering how the hell this guy can keep winning at 47 and look go at this. I am not a fan of Hopkins personality-wise, but what he does when he is on top is still good when it's good and better than average. By Hopkins standards, I was entertained.

I am not a fan of the new graphics and productions at HBO since January. Two many commentators in the booth, two much talking, since I DVR the fights, I almost always go right to the ring intros. Steve Weisfeld being there as a technical adviser or some shit is stupid. Why? The only time I could see him being useful is outside of USA Canada jurisdictions, the United Kingdom were alphabet federation rules would be in effect over unified rules. Other than the WBC 4th and 8th round open scoring rule in effect to the public, or to the corners only, in commissions that may allow it in other countries, he could mention that that rule is in effect, or the three knockdown rule, or the accidental cut from headbutts, so maybe there is something good for which HBO could use Steve Weisfeld. However, it was fine for twenty five years, why add another person now? He's about as good as Showtime putting Joe Cortez in the commentary position when there is no reason for that.

The whole production at HBO is trying for this "new cool hip modern." However it just looks like amateur crap, The new graphics and shit look like the failed "KO Nation" series! I hope for the sake of boxing that HBO can get back to some of the traditional roots of better fights overall. Go back to the classic years of 1996-2000 when HBO produced the original Boxing After Dark under Lou Dibella's leadership. The new production crew seems to lack leadership and experience.

Jack

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Mar 11 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #150

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 10 2013, 08:27 PM) *
no one will ever forgive him for ktfo'ing rjj. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) let it go man.

That damn fight is the reason why I'll NEVER own a satellite dish. It was storming hard as hell in Maryland. Screen went black and RJJ was laying on the canvas. Wasted PPV.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:43 AM