IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's The Hold Up With Martinez-Cotto being made official?
Gambit808
post Jan 4 2014, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

I know it's still a bit early, but the buzz is in full effect and these two been throwing jabs back and forward for a while now, yet the fight ain't even official yet. Is there a problem in negotiations or is Sergio still rehabbing his injury and may need to postpone? I'd hate to read this fight being called off or relocated from the garden. Anyone have a news update on this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 4 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Sergio may hold out for more monies? At this stage of his career I wouldn't blame him.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 4 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

From what I read Cotto making a whole bunch of demands that don't sit well with Martinez ....hope all that bs gets sorted out.

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 4 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

The only reason i can think of that Martinez actually has options. 1 being Mayweather. In one article he stated "there an offer to fight Floyd but i dont think he'll take it" somewhere along those lines...Its just a matter of who's demands will Martinez agree to, I believe if he didn't have the chance for Mayweather then he would be signed on to another fight already, just like all these other fuus Garcia/Maidana/Khan etc.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 4 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Jovi2016 @ Jan 4 2014, 02:49 PM) *
The only reason i can think of that Martinez actually has options. 1 being Mayweather. In one article he stated "there an offer to fight Floyd but i dont think he'll take it" somewhere along those lines...Its just a matter of who's demands will Martinez agree to, I believe if he didn't have the chance for Mayweather then he would be signed on to another fight already, just like all these other fuus Garcia/Maidana/Khan etc.

for September that'd be dope but it won't happen in may. Someone from 40 to 47(maybe 54) Will get that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 4 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The fight seems as good as done..

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Jan 4 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #7

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

Either Way Sergio is Cashing out this year. Him fighting Cotto i think is an awesome fight since i dont know Sergio's condition after his last fight. To me I think Sergio is too big for Cotto, a bigger version of Pacquiao basically. Alot of right hooks and left hands, if Sergio is healthy i'd lean towards him but Cotto hasn't been dominated in awhile so I'm tuned in either way.

Sergio's last outing is a big big variable though. Either Murray was that good or Sergio was that bad, even both; but i didn't think he'd be lasting so long after that fight. He's up there in age and his fighting style does nothing to help his durability at all, if he's not amazing then i think this will be his last year before he retires. He might as well set the year up so he has big money fights before he goes out. If he fights with May in May then he's good for the first half of year then fight Cotto and peel out. Even throw a Canelo fight in there around september then have Cotto in December.

2 fights he may not have to worry about being crippled after. Canelo fight might put him out.....I was delusional to believe GGG should fight Martinez so soon, I wanna see him rise through the ranks first, get some more highlights and save him for Ward. He may be too late for Sergio unless he comes back from retirement which i think he should do.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 4 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

The hold up is Cotto is being a diva, according to team Martinez. I wish they would just get the contracts singed so Cotto could get to work on this beat down he about to get

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 4 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 4 2014, 04:22 PM) *
The hold up is Cotto is being a diva, according to team Martinez. I wish they would just get the contracts singed so Cotto could get to work on this beat down he about to get

Cotto wants the big slice of the pie. I think he is asking for like 15 million and he wants the fight to be at the Garden, I don't think Sergio has a problem the venue but he also feels that he deserves a big slice of the pie. Cotto wants to be the A side of the promotion, I guess beating Rodriguez gave him the leg up. Arum ain't giving Cotto or Sergio real money. Arum might give them 3 million a piece and a coupon at IHOP.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jan 4 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

lol Cotto knows this is a bad fight for him, Sergio is going to eat him up.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:49 PM