Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Carl Froch
mgrover
post Jan 23 2014, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The issue is this guy is going to fight Frochs type of fight, look at the Kessler fight, Froch loves it in there, sure he can obviously be hurt and dropped, but hes made it a habit to come back.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 23 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

given he's already talking about carl, i think jcc's gonna come into the vera rematch overconfident and out of shape again. i'm praying vera can do more than enough to make a robbery impossible. hard to say what a froch fight would look like given we never know what kind of chavez is showing up on that particular night. however it goes down, i see chavez taking a beating from both vera and froch before being led to his demise against ward.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Jan 23 2014, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 23 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

What happened to that Sergio Martinez rematch?

Carl is cashing out and jr. is trying to add quality names to his resume.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:18 PM) *
This probably is the best possible way to feed Chavez Jr. to "the wolf" Andre Ward, given that he goes (2-0) from now until then. A whole lot of punishment to take as well.

Marketing

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 23 2014, 04:37 PM) *
given he's already talking about carl, i think jcc's gonna come into the vera rematch overconfident and out of shape again. i'm praying vera can do more than enough to make a robbery impossible. hard to say what a froch fight would look like given we never know what kind of chavez is showing up on that particular night. however it goes down, i see chavez taking a beating from both vera and froch before being led to his demise against ward.

Yea Vera is at the short end of the stick. But word is cheech is in shape ...we'll see if it matters or if Vera is that good iort Chavez is what they say he is...untilled then he'll salvage himself in my eyes Vera an froch are nit threats to him

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 23 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 23 2014, 09:55 PM) *
What happened to that Sergio Martinez rematch?

Carl is cashing out and jr. is trying to add quality names to his resume.

First JCC Jr needs to join weight watchers to lose the weight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 23 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

This has the potential to be a great fight, but I don't like when fighters have something set or are already looking ahead when they have a fight coming up. I've never liked that and in this case, it's not a given that JCC Jr will get past Vera. We don't know how that fight will unfold on March 1st.

Regardless, as Cshel said, Arum has zero issues with putting a recent losing fighter in with anyone. Whether JCC Jr loses or wins against Vera, I'd still watch the fight because neither one of them really have a edge imo. Chavez Jr is coasting off his father's name and has weight issues amongst other issues and Froch isn't the fighter he used to be

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Sounds like this is gonna be a PPV?

Personally, I dont mind paying for it...cant sit here and say that I wont dick $60 a month anyway.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 23 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Sounds like this is gonna be a PPV?

Personally, I dont mind paying for it...cant sit here and say that I wont dick $60 a month anyway.

shiiit what is that like 3 drinks at the club? i try to go to the places where they offer the fights for a $5 or $10 buy-in, but by the time i get drinks and food there it ends up all bein the same.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 24 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #19

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

What a unbelievable war this will be and it looks like Vera will be in the way.

They should call that fight,"War of Two Worlds" or "TNT" or maybe "Colossal Clash" lol

Anyways I pick Vera to beat Jr. again and since Jr. is very undisciplined I don't think having a big fight helps either way. The only way he gets motivated if he's motivated, simple as that. Wards cash cow milking will get derailed since Vera will be even more motivated to put an end to this waste of size and talent.

Then again who knows which Chavez will show up, if its the one in the Andy Lee fight or better then he could possibly stop Vera....we'll see.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:35 AM