IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 04-19-14 BERNARD HOPKINS VS. BEIBUT SHUMENOV Card, Thoughts and pre-fight analysis
AZWildCat
post Apr 13 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

i myself havent seen much of Shumenov and expect the likely to happen in this bout which is the alien doing whats aliens do! too much wisdom to much defiance .. HOPKINS UD

PETER QUILLIN VS. LUKAS KONECNY

im going to do some survance on this kid before a lacy-calzage repeat takes place lmao

SHAWN PORTER VS. PAULIE MALIGNAGGI

i expect Paul to put on a boxing clinic with about a thousand solid jabs and constant movement keeping porter off balance all night. i still have yet to see porter vs alexander so if somebody has a link please shoot it to me. i just feel the magic man has gotten his second wind in the game and is not trying to let the train stop here. but porter could shock me being that hes not zab or ab....but we'll see. Malignaggi UD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 13 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Hopkins by UD, the man is just amazing and I enjoy watching him do his thing in the ring....I'm going with Quillen for the win too, I think kid chocolate gets better each time out and I think he's a tad underrated by the media and fans.

Haven't decided whose going to win between Porter and Malinaggi, I'm going to have to do a little more thinking on that fight

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Apr 13 2014, 05:08 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Hopkins UD, Malignaggi UD, and quillin wins by SD in a close fight (The trouble he's had lately has exposed many holes in his skillset)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Apr 14 2014, 05:23 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Since Lukas Konecny is actually from my hometown, I suppose I could tell you something about him.

First of all, he is a dumbass outside of the ring, which doesn't matter but I still felt the urge to stress that.
He is a former European light middleweight champ and the current European Middleweight and former WBO interim middleweight champ if my memory serves me right. Fought only one somehwat solid opponent in Dzinziruk and lost via MD. Other than that his record is full of nobodies.

Concerning his skill...he is your classic European boxer with little head movement, ok punching power and ok handspeed. Record - 49/23ko/4

No matter if he loses or wins, he says he retires after this fight.

He won't go down- permanently, but he may be knocked down, but this is a cakewalk for Kid Choc.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Apr 15 2014, 01:49 AM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 14 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #5

Welterweight

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Apr 14 2014, 03:23 AM) *
Since Lukas Konecny is actually from my hometown, I suppose I could tell you something about him.

First of all, he is a dumbass outside of the ring, which doesn't matter but I still felt the urge to stress that.
He is a former European light middleweight champ and the current European Middleweight and former WBO interim middleweight champ if my memory serves me right. Fought only one somehwat solid opponent in Dzinziruk and lost via MD. Other than that his record is full of nobodies.

Concerning his skill...he is your classic European boxer with little head movement, ok punching power and sub par handspeed. Record - 49/23ko/4

No matter if he loses or wins, he says he retires after this fight.

He won't go down- permanently, but he may be knocked down, but this is a cakewalk for Kid Choc.
thanks

i went and looked at a few of his fights on youtube that resume he got is plagued wit nobodies and never gonna be's!

ive got my 3 picked out

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2014, 10:08 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Overall, I don't understand this card at all...but I'll be tuning in.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I think Quillen may struggle a bit in this one, and truthfully, I'm wondering if he's gonna be on point with weight. I'm more interested in Malignaggi/Porter, while Hopkins carries the card as the main event. I guess the big picture here, is Hopkns becoming the unified champ at his age.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Apr 14 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

i give bhop the UD, quillen the UD, and porter the SD.

havent seen anything from shumenov's end that bernard hasn't faced yet. cant say i know anything about quillen's opponent besides what was already mentioned in the thread. and finally, i give the edge to porter just based on his aggression. paulie's slick and will flash that jab for sure, but i don't see it breaking through shawn's persistence or will. i think he'll swarm paulie and get the better of him.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #8

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Apr 14 2014, 02:49 PM) *
i give bhop the UD, quillen the UD, and porter the SD.

havent seen anything from shumenov's end that bernard hasn't faced yet. cant say i know anything about quillen's opponent besides what was already mentioned in the thread. and finally, i give the edge to porter just based on his aggression. paulie's slick and will flash that jab for sure, but i don't see it breaking through shawn's persistence or will. i think he'll swarm paulie and get the better of him.

In my view Shumenvov has not done anything that Hopkins hasn't seen before. However, sometimes Bernard struggles with lessor opponents. I will still take Hopkins by UD. Quillen KO 11, and Malinaggi SD.

Not a bad card. Much better than any Top Rank PPV undercard shit! And this is on regular Showtime.

Jack

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Apr 14 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #9

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2014, 05:47 PM) *
Not a bad card. Much better than any Top Rank PPV undercard shit! And this is on regular Showtime.
Jack

i agree. showtime's killing it. isnt thurman diaz on the following weekend? arum's latest rants are laughable esp given how piss poor his cards have been lately.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 15 2014, 09:54 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Apr 14 2014, 06:17 PM) *
i agree. showtime's killing it. isnt thurman diaz on the following weekend? arum's latest rants are laughable esp given how piss poor his cards have been lately.

26th......boxing is alive and well gentlemen!

This post has been edited by AZWildCat: Apr 15 2014, 09:57 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:34 AM