Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather Promotions
mitukczuk
post Feb 24 2013, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

This topic can possibly be merged with the J'eon Love one.

What do you think about Mayweather Promotions after its successful night with all fighters winning and one earning a world title? I know there was a lot of suspicion surrounding MP - Its survivability, management, success. Although we can't give a definite answers after one great night for the stable, I think it shows that they are onto something to say the least.

I feel like they really care about their fighters and that there is a lot of potential. Of course, all companies are like that before the money start talking, but I don't know. Just have that feeling and I am curious about the future of Mayweather Promotions.

P.S. Sad to hear uncle Roger is still not doing well.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 24 2013, 09:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 24 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Floyd sounds matured.. intelligent... He displays an AUTHENTICITY that other talented and young fighters can benefit from. ISHE SMITH HAS TOILED LONG AND HARD.. FLOYD PROMISED him a title shot and proper pay and he delivered.... Floyd played into the villain and ignorant thug persona in order to get his name more in the PUBLIC but he has always been a good guy... I see future success for Mayweather Promotions---- He plans on having his Father, Roger and other Uncles in his camp.. I expect to see a tremendous performance by him May 4th....

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 24 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 24 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Floyd sounds matured.. intelligent... He displays an AUTHENTICITY that other talented and young fighters can benefit from. ISHE SMITH HAS TOILED LONG AND HARD.. FLOYD PROMISED him a title shot and proper pay and he delivered.... Floyd played into the villain and ignorant thug persona in order to get his name more in the PUBLIC but he has always been a good guy... I see future success for Mayweather Promotions---- He plans on having his Father, Roger and other Uncles in his camp.. I expect to see a tremendous performance by him May 4th....

Kind of my point exactly!

Floyd looked genuinely happy for Ishe in the post-fight interview. Nothing like Arum's "I just made milions of dollars ou of your ass" happiness, but real happiness. I like it. I really am curious about what the future holds for MP.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 24 2013, 10:22 AM
Post #4

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 24 2013, 10:09 AM) *

Floyd looked genuinely happy for Ishe in the post-fight interview. Nothing like Arum's "I just made milions of dollars ou of your ass" happiness, but real happiness. I like it. I really am curious about what the future holds for MP.

Yeap... trying to be genuine in helping others always produces good results.... Ishe Smith never gave up and Floyd helped him.. the whole thing is positive.... Great work Mayweather and the money team!!

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 24 2013, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 24 2013, 10:09 AM) *

Well consider that Floyd and Ishe go back to the amateurs. When you know sons one that long you're virtually brothers. On top of that many if the fighters signed to him are fighters that have actually helped him spar so he really sees the potential in them from experience. Not only has he seen their talent but he's felt their talent at his gym. His stable isn't that big yet so the fighters he's signed are actually his entourage. He has personal relationships with his fighters. True brotherhood. As his company grows I'm sure that will change since he's getting older and he won't be boxing as much. It'll be more business than personal. But Floyd has always had a reputation of paying fairly. That's why every opponent wants to fight him. And Floyd's been through Top Rank drama, he's seen doping in the sport, he's been robbed of his gold medal, so he can relate to the fighters better than arum who was probably still a promoter when more than half of his fighters weren't even conceived yet or DeLaHoya whose stable is so big that he can not have a brotherhood and personal standing with all his fighters. DeLaHoya hasn't really worked with his fighters for his benefit as a boxer. Floyd has so he knows what his fighters are capable of. I also think the fact that Gloyd own his own gym and most of his fighters train at his gym makes their family closer and allows himto keep track of his difhters better. Idk it's far more complex than just arum not caring and Floyd caring. Yes arum DeLaHoya and Floyd are promoters but the circumstances in which they promote are completely different

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 24 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #6

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Marcus @ Feb 24 2013, 11:31 AM) *
Well consider that Floyd and Ishe go back to the amateurs. When you know sons one that long you're virtually brothers. On top of that many if the fighters signed to him are fighters that have actually helped him spar so he really sees the potential in them from experience. Not only has he seen their talent but he's felt their talent at his gym. His stable isn't that big yet so the fighters he's signed are actually his entourage. He has personal relationships with his fighters. True brotherhood. As his company grows I'm sure that will change since he's getting older and he won't be boxing as much. It'll be more business than personal. But Floyd has always had a reputation of paying fairly. That's why every opponent wants to fight him. And Floyd's been through Top Rank drama, he's seen doping in the sport, he's been robbed of his gold medal, so he can relate to the fighters better than arum who was probably still a promoter when more than half of his fighters weren't even conceived yet or DeLaHoya whose stable is so big that he can not have a brotherhood and personal standing with all his fighters. DeLaHoya hasn't really worked with his fighters for his benefit as a boxer. Floyd has so he knows what his fighters are capable of. I also think the fact that Gloyd own his own gym and most of his fighters train at his gym makes their family closer and allows himto keep track of his difhters better. Idk it's far more complex than just arum not caring and Floyd caring. Yes arum DeLaHoya and Floyd are promoters but the circumstances in which they promote are completely different

Very well put, man ! Agreed 100%.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 24 2013, 11:12 AM
Post #7

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The sky's the limit. He seemed very comfortable in the promoter role. Not only that but he thanked K9 for giving them a shot. How many promoters acknowledge the opponent after the fight? Plus he wasn't trying to hog all the limelight. I think TMT will be a top dog in the promotion game. Let's hope some more fighters sign with his team. I wonder does 50 feel stupid, he priced himself out instead of waiting and being patient. greed will get you no where!

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 24 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

It was a good night for Mayweather Promotions. But Floyd still needs to find the fighter to take him into the next 5 to 10 years. If Floyd wouldve been able to sign Shortboa and Dirrell he would really be on his way. However Floyd has established himself as a promoter now and his relationship with Showtime gives him the creditability to sign any viable free agent out there. I like Mayweather the promoter. He gives youthful energy and excitement to boxing. Im sick of watching Bob Arum drolling over a podium.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 24 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 24 2013, 09:18 AM) *
It was a good night for Mayweather Promotions. But Floyd still needs to find the fighter to take him into the next 5 to 10 years. If Floyd wouldve been able to sign Shortboa and Dirrell he would really be on his way. However Floyd has established himself as a promoter now and his relationship with Showtime gives him the creditability to sign any viable free agent out there. I like Mayweather the promoter. He gives youthful energy and excitement to boxing. Im sick of watching Bob Arum drolling over a podium.

Mayweather Jr. Jr. was at the fight so you never know, he might sign with Mayweather promotions and a bunch of young fighters will be trying to get on to team mayweather. Plus the fighters you mention can still sign with them after they get done with their contracts. I see a lot of fighters trying to sign on especially since May will be around for the next few years.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 24 2013, 12:24 PM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I don't know if he'll ever get the big name fighters but I think what he's doing for the sport is phenomenal. Ishe represents the guys who never seem to get a shot to actually win in the sport, even if they do get title shot. Guys like him and Stevie Forbes, that become the middle men gate keeper to bigger fights for stars being built up. I won't try to sound like Nostradamus but I knew he'd beat K9. K9 is more physically gifted but he isn't nearly as skilled. I like what Floyd is doing because, under the big name promoters. Ishe would have took an L and probably lost a controversial decision.

Floyd is often playing the role of a-hole. This is the side of Floyd I wish they'd show more. The guy who genuinely seems to care about bringing up boxers with potential, regardless of their marketability. A promoter who genuinely seemed to care about his fighter's triumph because he's happy for the guy...not because it means more money in the future for him.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Feb 24 2013, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:42 AM