> Matthysse vs Peterson
Kratza
post Feb 24 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 24 2013, 05:03 PM) *
From what I understand, they fought in the amateurs (for the Olympic squad, I do believe) and Maidana beat him a couple of times.

Yeah i think they fought 4 times and Marcos won the first 3 and drew the last one
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 25 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 24 2013, 01:03 PM) *
From what I understand, they fought in the amateurs (for the Olympic squad, I do believe) and Maidana beat him a couple of times.

There's a great article I read thats basically a round by round about one of the fights maidana won. I guess it was to see who was gonna go to the Olympic team, but anyways I guess that they literally held a private fight with nothing but judges and trainers there and most felt it was a draw but since they had to have a winner they gave it to maidana because they felt he was more experienced (think Lucas was like 15 or 16). But all the reports from people there said it was the hardest fight they've every had to pick a winner in.

I wish someone would have had a god damn camera phone or something that night. But they said it was crazy, like total undercover top secret stuff lol. Nothing but trainers private doctors and highly regarded judges in a big empty warehouse.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 25 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 23 2013, 10:58 AM) *
It seems that Shafer wants to try and make this fight for May 18th in DC with Brook vs Alexander on the undercard. I like this matchup but ive been reading alot of hate on other sites. You know the usual GBP is trying to protect Garcia. But Garcia vs Judah is scheduled for April 27th so I dont see why this fight cant be made. Matthysse has to fight somebody right? At least he gets a title shot. Personally I dont care where Dannys ranked I think Peterson is the best at 140. A win over Peterson could put Matthysse in line for a Mayweather shot. What do you guys think?

It would take more than beating Peterson to get Lucas a shot at Floyd, it doesn't work that way; you cannot simply jump over all the WWs and think you're gonna get a shot at Floyd without beating atleast one of the titlist.

I'd love to see Peterson vs Matthysse, I think Lucas KO's him somewhere around the 9th.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I believe Peterson has the intelligence to use his tools and get on the inside against Matthysse.

Ajose was been his stiffest competition, but he fought the wrong fight against Lucas. We've seen Lamont in there with big punchers and we've seen him hit the deck, so that will be nothing new in this fight.

The biggest question is, what does he do when he gets back up? We all know the answer to that...he fights! I kinda feel like Golden Boy is trying to set Peterson up, by making this fight, but let's all agree that Lamont's the most marketable of the two "unmarketables".

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 26 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2013, 11:50 AM) *
I believe Peterson has the intelligence to use his tools and get on the inside against Matthysse.

Ajose was been his stiffest competition, but he fought the wrong fight against Lucas. We've seen Lamont in there with big punchers and we've seen him hit the deck, so that will be nothing new in this fight.

The biggest question is, what does he do when he gets back up? We all know the answer to that...he fights! I kinda feel like Golden Boy is trying to set Peterson up, by making this fight, but let's all agree that Lamont's the most marketable of the two "unmarketables".

I have to disagree here, Latin people love Lucas and all the Latinos I know want him to spark up Danny because of what he did to morales. Plus Peterson is mostly a draw only in dc, but I still think Peterson has the edge in with either

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 26 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Where is Matthyse a draw at because it sure isn't here in the states. Black fight fans love Peterson but that doesn't make him a draw. If the Latins loved Matthyse so much they should show up to his fights because many times those seats to his cards are comped because they don't sell. Matthyse probably draws many in his country but not here and Peterson only sells tix in DC. As far as being a draw they are on even terms however, Peterson has a nice resume of competition and he is the more marketable of the 2

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 7 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Peterson all the way. Dallas let me down the last time around, but Lamont won't make the amateur mistake Dallas did.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 26 2013, 12:05 PM) *
I have to disagree here, Latin people love Lucas and all the Latinos I know want him to spark up Danny because of what he did to morales. Plus Peterson is mostly a draw only in dc, but I still think Peterson has the edge in with either

Maybe I was thinking that because of the competition that Peterson's fought. Now that I think about it, they've been on a somewhat even stage.

I want to lean more towards Lamont in this one, but who knows. The easy answer here, is to pick Matthysse. Oh what an animal Lamont would be if was able to stop him.

I underestimate Peterson's short punches all the time, maybe because he doesn't have much power. Hell, if Paulie rocked Juan Diaz with a short shot, then anybody can be rocked with a short shot.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 7 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 7 2013, 01:03 PM) *
Maybe I was thinking that because of the competition that Peterson's fought. Now that I think about it, they've been on a somewhat even stage.

I want to lean more towards Lamont in this one, but who knows. The easy answer here, is to pick Matthysse. Oh what an animal Lamont would be if was able to stop him.

I underestimate Peterson's short punches all the time, maybe because he doesn't have much power. Hell, if Paulie rocked Juan Diaz with a short shot, then anybody can be rocked with a short shot.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Those punches he landed on holt had some balls behind them! But out of the two I think Lucas has reacted to shots better (against devon, Judah, soto). Though Peterson can be hurt he has that marquez mindset where he can whether all storms and adjust really well.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 7 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 7 2013, 01:14 PM) *
Those punches he landed on holt had some balls behind them! But out of the two I think Lucas has reacted to shots better (against devon, Judah, soto). Though Peterson can be hurt he has that marquez mindset where he can whether all storms and adjust really well.

This very post made the fight THAT much more interesting!

Was I the only one that saw Matthysse having a hard time with Soto? Just in small spurts during the fight, nothing super clear.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 02:27 AM