> Bradley VS Alexander, Who you picking and why
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 13 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 12 2011, 08:20 AM) *
Hunches are great when you are playing for toothpicks.

Alexander got schooled by an admittedly excellent pro (Kotelnik) who had recently been lacerated by Khan. Devon has spent a lot of time defeating decent competition that had recently been defeated by someone else. Remind you of anyone?

Bradley aint one of those guys, though he has not been active enough lately. Take a good look at Tim's record. It is difficult to pick against him at 140 on anything but "a hunch," IMO.

I agree Beardo a hunch doesn't sound like the most convincing argument when talking about a boxing match. To be honest this is one of those fights I wouldn't like to bet on. Shoot I'd put dough on Mosley by KO in 5 rounds or less rather than bet on this one.

Your reasoning based on their respective resume's is sound and I agree with it, but that's the wonderful thing about boxing, on the right night resume's go out the window. I also like the Cunningham influence in this fight. I think he is an underrated trainer, and although he can sound like a bit of windbag at times I think he will have Alexander just right for this fight.

Nah who am I kidding? Devon by UD on a hunch!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 13 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #32

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jan 12 2011, 11:47 PM) *
I agree Beardo a hunch doesn't sound like the most convincing argument when talking about a boxing match. To be honest this is one of those fights I wouldn't like to bet on. Shoot I'd put dough on Mosley by KO in 5 rounds or less rather than bet on this one.

Your reasoning based on their respective resume's is sound and I agree with it, but that's the wonderful thing about boxing, on the right night resume's go out the window. I also like the Cunningham influence in this fight. I think he is an underrated trainer, and although he can sound like a bit of windbag at times I think he will have Alexander just right for this fight.

Nah who am I kidding? Devon by UD on a hunch!

and your hunch may be on the money, Ollie.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Jan 14 2011, 08:15 AM
Post #33

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,999

I got Devon Alexander, what he did in the Urango fight was a thing of beauty.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 14 2011, 09:15 AM
Post #34

Middleweight

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Jan 14 2011, 05:15 AM) *
I got Devon Alexander, what he did in the Urango fight was a thing of beauty.

That was impressive.

What else is impressive is The Front Page interview with the both of them. Boxing is alive and well thanks to superior young athletes like Bradley and Alexander. Fuck Team QuackMeow and the PBF Soap Opera.

The 140lb div alone has enough good fights in and around it to keep me interested for the year.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jan 14 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #35

Guests

Ticket sales are reportedly poor, according to TRU?

By Michael Marley

Tickets for the hotly anticipated boxing showdown between undefeated junior welterweight champions Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander are moving like coldcakes--no, make that frozen cakes--at the Pontiac Silverdome, site of the bout which is being televised by HBO.

An inflamed source told me at noon Thursday that a not so grand total of 339 tickets have been sold for the match between the world champ from St. Louis, Alexander, and the one from California (Bradley).

Tickets range from a $25 bottom to a $400 ringside top and have been on sale since Dec. 10.

The 80,000-seat arena, which recently sold for the price of a modest house and is the former home of the NFL Detroit Lions, will be cordoned off for a cozy, 7,000-seat setup.

"The first four rows at ringside are being given away, those seats go to Don King and Gary Shaw (co-promoters) and to HBO and its guests. You can only buy tickets from the fifth row back," my source said Thursday afternoon.

Chances are we will never the honest count on paid attendance in both dollars and rear ends in the seats who did not get in free as Michigan keeps such information private by law.

Maybe Wikileaks can come up with it, it's beyond me.

There was some insanity to selecting this neutral venue but Shaw and King got some glad tidings Wednesday as their promised $600,000 site fee came through albeit a few days late.

Had the bout been held in St. Louis, a 12,000-seat venue figured to sell out in a short time.

Perhaps, this being near Motor City Detroit, they expect a huge "drive up" at the last minute.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Jan 14 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #36

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

I agree, there are talks about a Berto v Ortiz fight on HBO which i'm actually pretty interested in seeing. HBO has enough talent from 135-147 to put on some very interesting fights without needing Pac or Mayweather. Bradley vs Alexander; Berto v Ortiz; Kahn v Peterson; Miadana vs Marquez; Judah vs Mabuza. Throw in Tim Coleman, Katsidis, Guerro(who is looking to move up to 140 in 2011), Saul Alvarez, Randal Bailey, Mathew Hatton, Kell Brook, and Mike Jones.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Jan 14 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #37

Middleweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Jan 14 2011, 07:29 AM) *
Ticket sales are reportedly poor, according to TRU?

Defukingtroit mid-winter (and recession)? Brilliant.

Should have been in Vegas. I would have probably made the trip. This is like the year they did the Super Bowl in Detroit.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Jan 14 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 14 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Defukingtroit mid-winter (and recession)? Brilliant.

Should have been in Vegas. I would have probably made the trip. This is like the year they did the Super Bowl in Detroit.

last i heard people are getting shot over 5 dollars out there... lol... def the wrong city for such a high caliber fight...

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Jan 14 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

I don't know why it wasn't in St Louis. I know that is Alexander's hometown but it would be a guaranteed sellout and the atmosphere would be off the chain.

AND if I'm Bradley I'm thinking hmmmm the last time Alexander fought there the pressure effected him, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have him fight there again.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Jan 15 2011, 05:31 AM
Post #40

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

I've made my mind up for this one. Tim Bradley wins a clear and pretty wide unanimous decision. Alexander is unable to adapt in a fight and he basically boxes exactly the same way from start to finish. He also telegraphs his punches in the way he sounds like an orgasmic lesbian prior to throwing every shot. His poor performance against Kotelnik is more worrying when you consider he failed to work out the very basics...I mean Kotelnik, with his high guard and stiff jab gave Alexander all the problems he could handle and Devon didn't know how to adjust.

Alexander will be countered regularly by Bradleys left hook because he throws that southpaw jab from too far back and Tim will also land his swooping overhand right. Don't get me wrong, this is a good fight and Tim might climb off the floor if he gets caught but he's proven he can do that, he has an excellent will-to-win attitude and he knows how to adapt.

Tim Bradley 117-110 or something like that.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 03:05 AM