BigFightFan
post Mar 1 2013, 11:36 PM
Post #51

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 1 2013, 11:26 PM) *
Hahaha

A lot of hate for SMS promotions. Atleast give the guy a few years before we call it a bust.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 1 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #52

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 1 2013, 10:36 PM) *
A lot of hate for SMS promotions. Atleast give the guy a few years before we call it a bust.

Nah, no hate here. I used to work for dude. I'm just having some fun

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 1 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #53

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Mar 1 2013, 11:16 PM) *
I thought that it was close. Fine with a SD. 114-112 isn't incomprehensible.

This fight reminded of the last championship fight on showtime... If Dib would of got off first in those exchanges he probably would of been better off.

+Quote Post
dre98
post Mar 1 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #54

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,589

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 1 2013, 11:15 PM) *
Whew...no robbery here...thank God.

Gradovich-Chavez is the new IBF champ!

Do you think there will be a rematch? I'm not sure it would be wise to unify that title. It's almost like that junior middleweight situation with Ishe

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 2 2013, 03:22 AM
Post #55

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Max Boxing had the opponent for Dibb wrong. They should have changed that. I want to apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As for the fight itself should NOT have been a Split decision. I had Grodovich up 8-3-1. Sort of like how Teddy had the fight:

Master Scoresheet is here:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/gradovich-...corecard-175051

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 10:09 AM
Post #56

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 1 2013, 09:36 PM) *

Here is the problem with 50 and his SMS promotions, he shitted on a lot of people to be promoting two fighters and out of those two one really just has a big name, Yurkois Gamboa. I like Gamboa I do, I just think he has made some terrible business decisions. 50 acts like he has been around boxing since birth. He only came into boxing by being May's belt boy and let's be honest he wants to be in front of the camera, he wants to be seen. Hell he even tried to get in the way between Floyd Sr and Jr. But the moment Jr. asked for his dad's help Sr. was out the door. You don't shit on people when you are starting to come up, you don't. By all accounts Gamboa was May's fighter and would of been signed to the money team if 50 didn't lie about his business venture with Floyd. And it still makes me wonder why would he sign all these fighters while Mayweather is locked up? Anyway I thought it was a good win for the Russian, Garcia is turning out to be a great trainer.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 2 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #57

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (dre98 @ Mar 1 2013, 11:53 PM) *
This fight reminded of the last championship fight on showtime... If Dib would of got off first in those exchanges he probably would of been better off.

I agree and his D was retarded. If he has the chance at a rematch, he should take it and obviously learn from his mistakes first.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 2 2013, 04:40 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Mar 2 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #58

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 10:09 AM) *
Here is the problem with 50 and his SMS promotions, he shitted on a lot of people to be promoting two fighters and out of those two one really just has a big name, Yurkois Gamboa. I like Gamboa I do, I just think he has made some terrible business decisions. 50 acts like he has been around boxing since birth. He only came into boxing by being May's belt boy and let's be honest he wants to be in front of the camera, he wants to be seen. Hell he even tried to get in the way between Floyd Sr and Jr. But the moment Jr. asked for his dad's help Sr. was out the door. You don't shit on people when you are starting to come up, you don't. By all accounts Gamboa was May's fighter and would of been signed to the money team if 50 didn't lie about his business venture with Floyd. And it still makes me wonder why would he sign all these fighters while Mayweather is locked up? Anyway I thought it was a good win for the Russian, Garcia is turning out to be a great trainer.

Not a lot of facts, just your opinion. We have to wait and see if SMS delivers or fails before we shit on them. Most people are quick to dismiss SMS because of the issues between 50 and Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #59

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2013, 09:09 AM) *

He came into this promoting venture by hanging with Floyd. I don't think he'll admit it though. I was listening to his interview on FNF last night and he had to catch himself when the guy asked him how he got involved with boxing promotions, I could tell he was going to mention Floyd's name but he didn't let it slip. He was by many accounts a good amateur boxer though, so I'm not going to act like he didn't know shit about boxing before Floyd.....They both gained alot of notoriety by associating with one another, it's a fair trade in the end

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #60

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Mar 2 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Not a lot of facts, just your opinion. We have to wait and see if SMS delivers or fails before we shit on them. Most people are quick to dismiss SMS because of the issues between 50 and Floyd.

Before 50 started hanging out with Floyd how many boxing matches did he actually attend? If I am not mistaken he got has name from rapping and sexing Vivica A. Fox. Cool. 50 got into boxing through Floyd. He played himself because he thought Floyd would leave Al Haymon and tried to do it while the dude was locked up, I have seen 50's dirty business practices. Why do you think The Game and his G-unit people want to pop his cap back? He is a snake. Again how close are Gamboa and 50? From memory serves me Floyd hung with Gamboa first and all of the sudden he signed Gamboa to his company when it was thought it was he and Floyd's company. Not to mention he shitted on Golden Boy promotions when he knew Floyd was not on board for TMT Promotions. Then he had started hanging around Arum and hugging it up with Manny. The dude is a snake. As far as the rumors of he bedding Ms. Jackson, all I have to say is ho's ain't meant to be kept, and it goes further to see what kind of guy this dude is. He got into promoting with the thought Floyd would be there with him, do you honestly think that all those fighters would of signed with him if Mayweather's name was not attached to the promoting company?

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 2 2013, 12:28 PM) *
He came into this promoting venture by hanging with Floyd. I don't think he'll admit it though. I was listening to his interview on FNF last night and he had to catch himself when the guy asked him how he got involved with boxing promotions, I could tell he was going to mention Floyd's name but he didn't let it slip. He was by many accounts a good amateur boxer though, so I'm not going to act like he didn't know shit about boxing before Floyd.....They both gained alot of notoriety by associating with one another, it's a fair trade in the end

His interview with ESPN FNF reminded why I do not like this guy. For one he says he and Floyd are like brothers but then in the next breath he shits on him and talks about his Showtime deal how it was for only 200 million and how he could of made that money fighting Manny. It is like he undercuts him. I will say this when Floyd was asked about 50 all he said was he wished him nothing but the best and moved on. Fifty like always has to down talk people. I wonder if he remembers why people stopped buying his wake ass albums? His ego proceeds his talent. The guy annoys the hell out of me. But I will say I hope he does make it, because his fighters are depending on him so let's hope he doesn't disappoint.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:23 AM