> "one time" thurman, another hype job?
BoxingFan86
post Feb 7 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM) *
Nothing good ever happens from pulling out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Shittin' me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 7 2014, 01:51 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Thurman is the real deal... He's got a great amateur resume. His last two pro fights showed me that not only can he bang and scrap, that his ring IQ is very high. He made some outstanding adjustments and showed remarkable patience when he needed to regroup. Besides Mayweather, who beats this guy at 147?? I think he's that good.

This kid is special. He's really grown on me and I hope he continues to do well without compromising his good, down to earth nature, to get fights. Just keep winning and you'll be the next big thing in the lower weights.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 7 2014, 05:27 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Dudes a beast, I want to see him fight Paulie, see how he does against a guy that'll box better than him. Since no offense to the recent guys he fought, but there not what you'd call thinkers lol

Also him and Paulie have a thing.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 7 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Good talent....He gets wide often with punches when on attack... He has not fought someone who could capitalize on that yet...

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 7 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #15

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think he has a lot of talent and I like his focus. I don't think he's elite or anything and every once in a while he gets tagged with some basic shit that makes me have second thought but I think he's way more than a hype job. I think he should be at 154 though. He kind of reminds me of Quillin in that you see big time talent there but every once in a while he'll have a mental lapse to where you're like "seriously dude?"

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 10:57 AM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 05:27 AM) *
Dudes a beast, I want to see him fight Paulie, see how he does against a guy that'll box better than him. Since no offense to the recent guys he fought, but there not what you'd call thinkers lol

yea i was thinking the same thing. seems like thurman can handle the boxer punchers, but i'd like to see how he does up against someone as slick as paulie who has a pretty high ring IQ. ironic how both guys were talking mad shit earlier in thurman's career only to have paulie polish one time's asshole throughout the commentary of his recent fights.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 7 2014, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Feb 7 2014, 08:28 AM) *
Good talent....He gets wide often with punches when on attack... He has not fought someone who could capitalize on that yet...

true i see some wild shots coming from thurman at times, but i think he's able to make up for it because of his positioning and his footwork. almost like the dude's got a crude version of the dempsey roll.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 02:27 AM) *

That press conference was hilarious! That would be something. I nice challenge for him and we can see if he can think in the ring. Paulie is a very underrated boxer, the guy is smart.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 6 2014, 11:50 PM) *
Nothing good ever happens from pulling out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ever

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 7 2014, 05:27 AM) *

Me too! Paulie is no easy lay...guys haven't gotten that through their heads yet. If anything, we'll figure out whether or not Keith can avoid a jab. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 6 2014, 11:51 PM) *

You know it's true. Look what it did to Dolomite. He went from potentially going to one of Mayweather's fights this year to another kid and a forced wedding. It's not a good idea at all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:34 AM