Reply to this topicStart new topic
> boxing back in brooklyn, star studded card brought to u by gbp
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

paulie malignaggi, danny garcia vs erik morales, devon alexander vs randall bailey...also on the card....danny jacobs, luis collazo, dimitry salida....that's pretty stacked!!!!

thank god it's on showtime...we'll get to see all the fights and we won't have to listen to the ass clowns from hbo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 11 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 11 2012, 03:55 PM) *
paulie malignaggi, danny garcia vs erik morales, devon alexander vs randall bailey...also on the card....danny jacobs, luis collazo, dimitry salida....that's pretty stacked!!!!

thank god it's on showtime...we'll get to see all the fights and we won't have to listen to the ass clowns from hbo.

I went to the arena to see Jay-Z and I must say, they're promoting this harder than I expected. It's in the train stations. It's all over Brooklyn. I thought this was going to come and go but I think it will be a bigger deal than I expected. I still think Zab should have been on the card. Believe it or not, he's still extremely well connected and popular in Brooklyn. Overall though, I'm impressed. When I first heard the proposed fights, I didn't think they would all be on the same card. You're right professor, this is a nicely stacked card and yes...it's a sigh of relief that it's on Showtime.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Oct 11 2012, 03:26 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 11 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This is an awesome card, I've been looking forward to this since they added Alexander and Jacobs. This is star studded card, its great that jay z likes boxing and got this event going to promote his new venue in this growing market.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2012, 03:25 PM) *
I went to the arena to see Jay-Z and I must say, they're promoting this harder than I expected. It's in the train stations. It's all over Brooklyn. I thought this was going to come and go but I think it will be a bigger deal than I expected. I still think Zab should have been on the card. Believe it or not, he's still extremely well connected and popular in Brooklyn. Overall though, I'm impressed. When I first heard the proposed fights, I didn't think they would all be on the same card. You're right professor, this is a nicely stacked card and yes...it's a sigh of relief that it's on Showtime.

it's a golden boy promoted show....who does gbp have that would have matched up with zab at 140 that is available? i doubt zab wants to see matthysse again. i don't think mainevents would have a problem matching khan with anyone outside of matthysse.

u know...i've been to brooklyn a few times and i've always thought of it as a place that breeds fighters. i was disappointed when i went to gleasons. i am told the old gleasons was better. what other gyms are there in brooklyn?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 11 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 03:28 PM) *
This is an awesome card, I've been looking forward to this since they added Alexander and Jacobs. This is star studded card, its great that jay z likes boxing and got this event going to promote his new venue in this growing market.

jay z owns this place? i didn't know that. jacobs story is amazing and i'm happy that he's back in the ring! that dude flew under the radar but has been to hell and back. i'll be rooting for him.

sidenote...the golden gloves will be at the barclay in march i believe.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 11 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 04:28 PM) *

Hey man. Jay Z most definitely does not own the place. Jay Z's a minority owner in the Brookly Nets venture and as a result was probably allowed to have a relatively small holdings in the Barclays centre (and I don't mean minority 'cause he's African-American).
The real players in the Barclays Centre-Brooklyn Nets venture are a NY property developer (Bruce Ratner) and a Russian billionaire. I haven't checked if Ratner's company is public, but if so, you could probably find out the exact ownership percentages (same for the Nets, who are owned by the Russian guy). Given how much Russians like boxing, I'm willing to guess that he had a bigger part to play in having the card there than Jay Z.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Oct 11 2012, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 11 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 11 2012, 04:25 PM) *

I was surprised to see they changed the Atlantic Ave. (the Q,B etc.) stop's name to Barclay's Centre.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 11 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 11 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Hey man. Jay Z most definitely does not own the place. Jay Z's a minority owner in the Brookly Nets venture and as a result was probably allowed to have a relatively small holdings in the Barclays centre (and I don't mean minority 'cause he's African-American).
The real players in the Barclays Centre-Brooklyn Nets venture are a NY property developer (Bruce Ratner) and a Russian billionaire. I haven't checked if Ratner's company is public, but if so, you could probably find out the exact ownership percentages (same for the Nets, who are owned by the Russian guy). Given how much Russians like boxing, I'm willing to guess that he had a bigger part to play in having the card there than Jay Z.

Jay is a minority owner I believe. But I figured he pushed for it cause he's always at fights and stuff

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 11 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Glad to be getting some PPV action for free! I'm taking it up the sh*tter from DirecTV with this premium channels package, it isn't cheap. Glad to be getting my money's worth!

This is the 3rd quadruple header this year, and it may very well be another one for the Cotto/Trout fight! GBP is stepping it up, without blowing out their fighters.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 11 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Jay is a minority owner I believe. But I figured he pushed for it cause he's always at fights and stuff

Understandable.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:13 AM