IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where do you think Mauricio Herrera should be rated currently at 140, morally?
AZWildCat
post Mar 17 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 17 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Here we go with the butthurt songcry for Herrera (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

It's funny how nobody gave a shit about this guy and most guys on here scoffed at the fact that Danny was even fighting him, now suddenly this "Justice for Herrera" mess has started.

This is why P4P lists and personal rankings are a laughing stock...because it's subjective.
Okay, he should've been the victor this past Saturday, but he "lost", get over it. I know we're speaking from a "moral" standpoint, but again, half of you mofos didn't even know who Herrera was before Saturday night, and the only thing you have to regurgitate, is the fact that he beat Ruslan, but didn't get the nod...which was repeated a million times last week before the fight aired.

Again, the guy got shafted, but he knew was being set up for Danny...an easy fight in his home country...no way they were going to let Danny lose that night. It's like guys jumped on Murray's nuts after the Sergio fight, and most of these folks were diehard Sergio fans, but at the blink of an eye, he didn't look good against Murray, and suddenly he's "past it". Lol

Man I swear boxing "fans" are so fickle, and most of them are a bunch of johnny come lately fans, who are good are regurgitating what they've heard...until they're challenged, then they cry "harassment". People scoffed at this Herrera fight when it was announced, and now suddenly, he "morally" belongs in the rankings at 140. Pffff

I'm agreeing wit you on the rankings now, it's biased bullshit

And I'm sure you ment Alvarado or Garcia cause he got the Russian rocky nod

Like you said before he'll be forgotten in a minute with no accolades or train riders just like Riverside rocky ..in a sense boxing is like the rap industry here today gone tomorrow agenda two hot singles and your royalty got people telling you who you rock wit is old or garbage now...but the majority of these fly by Knight new jacks and one hit wonders lack substance and longevity
..Herrera will go down as a Guy that almost made it.....ie v.I.c. /ab(rap career) lol nobody cared

Did I just make sense?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 17 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Oh and soon to be migos n keef

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 17 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 17 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Here we go with the butthurt songcry for Herrera (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

It's funny how nobody gave a shit about this guy and most guys on here scoffed at the fact that Danny was even fighting him, now suddenly this "Justice for Herrera" mess has started.

This is why P4P lists and personal rankings are a laughing stock...because it's subjective. Okay, he should've been the victor this past Saturday, but he "lost", get over it. I know we're speaking from a "moral" standpoint, but again, half of you mofos didn't even know who Herrera was before Saturday night, and the only thing you have to regurgitate, is the fact that he beat Ruslan, but didn't get the nod...which was repeated a million times last week before the fight aired.

Again, the guy got shafted, but he knew was being set up for Danny...an easy fight in his home country...no way they were going to let Danny lose that night. It's like guys jumped on Murray's nuts after the Sergio fight, and most of these folks were diehard Sergio fans, but at the blink of an eye, he didn't look good against Murray, and suddenly he's "past it". Lol

Man I swear boxing "fans" are so fickle, and most of them are a bunch of johnny come lately fans, who are good are regurgitating what they've heard...until they're challenged, then they cry "harassment". People scoffed at this Herrera fight when it was announced, and now suddenly, he "morally" belongs in the rankings at 140. Pffff

You can't take anything away from Herrera now that people have actually SEEN him and rock with him. Yes, granted no one knew who he was, but that was it, Ignorance; we had no knowledge of him and we made a judgment based on how we THOUGHT how good DSG was, also ignorance.

Now that we SAW with our own eyes how good Herrera was and how much DSG was lacking, doesn't mean we ignore these facts. Herrera deserves respect, and DSG shouldn't be treated like a winner regardless of how popular he is, this aint no damn Popularity contest (unless its about $$) , when they're in the ring this about 2 dudes fighting and who should get the W and who should have got the L.

This isn't as bad as Sergio Martinez vs Martin Murray. Sergio got his Ass whooped! all up and down that ring that day. He lost! no if ands or buts about it. He may have got a gift W from judges but he still lost that fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 17 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Marcus @ Mar 17 2014, 03:11 PM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgnXknKNeNk

Haymon didnt send KM home my bad. But TEAM DSG didnt keep KM for sparring. Haymon just sent KM to see how DSG would fare against him. I had to rewatch the vid to refresh my memory.

I'll check the video out too...I was just ribbing you...that's just me being a jerk, as usual. Lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 17 2014, 04:50 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 17 2014, 04:33 PM) *
You can't take anything away from Herrera now that people have actually SEEN him and rock with him. Yes, granted no one knew who he was, but that was it, Ignorance; we had no knowledge of him and we made a judgment based on how we THOUGHT how good DSG was, also ignorance.

Now that we SAW with our own eyes how good Herrera was and how much DSG was lacking, doesn't mean we ignore these facts. Herrera deserves respect, and DSG shouldn't be treated like a winner regardless of how popular he is, this aint no damn Popularity contest (unless its about $$) , when they're in the ring this about 2 dudes fighting and who should get the W and who should have got the L.

This isn't as bad as Sergio Martinez vs Martin Murray. Sergio got his Ass whooped! all up and down that ring that day. He lost! no if ands or buts about it. He may have got a gift W from judges but he still lost that fight.

Where were these people years ago? That's all I'm saying. As I mentioned earlier, it's funny how people scoffed at this fight and called it a mismatch, but after he outworked Danny, THEN guys came outta nowhere with this "Herrera respect".

I'm not sure how you can say that Danny is "lacking", but everybody saw different when he beat Khan and Matthysse...2 fights that he WASN'T supposed to win because the guy across from him was more superior (skill wise). Now everybody's two feet into this "Khan is a terrible fighter" train...trust me, all of this Matthysse loyalty is gonna fade too, as soon as he loses again. "fans" chew these fighters up (when they taste like prime tenderloin), but after one too many chews, they spit them out like Spam.

I still think Danny's a good fighter, regardless of the Herrera fight, but we can all agree, he didn't do enough to get the W. I've only seen the fight once, but hell, if you watch it long enough, you'll see what you wanna see, rather than what actually took place. With that in mind, I'l stick to my judgement from this past Saturday, and actually take time to score it this time around.

Face it, most guys didn't score the fight because they thought Danny was gonna whitewash him...they just started to dial in when Danny wasn't able to have his way with him. Hate to break it to you Jovi, but this IS a popularity contest...hence why Danny "won". If anything, when the wrong guy wins, it's some extreme politics going on...hence the Bradley win over Manny (though it was a close fight).

And more bad news bro ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ), it's not all about who deserves the W, regardless of whether or not that guy really won. LOL

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 17 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #16

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 17 2014, 02:19 PM) *

This is why P4P lists and personal rankings are a laughing stock...because it's subjective. Okay, he should've been the victor this past Saturday, but he "lost", get over it. I know we're speaking from a "moral" standpoint, but again, half of you mofos didn't even know who Herrera was before Saturday night, and the only thing you have to regurgitate, is the fact that he beat Ruslan, but didn't get the nod...which was repeated a million times last week before the fight aired.

Very agreeable, lots of people are finicky when it comes to choices they don't have full knowledge on. Anyways, Herrera and I said it before fight time;Garcia needed to be wary of Herrera's ability to redirect anything you do back to you. He took what Swift gave him, made him miss and then pay by picking his spots. I will always believe Danny is the real deal but almost any fighter with a good jab, chin, stamina, intelligence, and footwork can make it hard on most fighters style. His nod over Siberian Rocky was extremely gutsy and he isn't scared to fight unheralded fighters like against Hard Hitta.

The case I'm making is he's fought the top 2 guys in the division and beat both even though some argue Ruslan got robbed like Herrera got robbed against Danny. If he fights Matthysse and wins fans will clamor for this guy but his resume at 140, "morally" he should sit at #2 or #3 and he should be champ no way to cut around that.

Resume at 140 best wins: Garcia/Provo>>> better than most at 140 resumes other than Danny's

Danny just got outworked by the obviously more hungrier and more better prepared fighter who intelligently took advantage of Danny's pressure to entertain the PR fans by getting a KO. Don't do bandwagonbandwagon but can clearly see a fighter with skills when I see them.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Mar 17 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 16 2014, 11:26 PM) *
I think this discussion should have been inevitable since his win over The Siberian Rocky has looked even more impressive wit the Bradley/Provodnikov FOTY fight and Ruslan making WBO champ Alvarado quit.

Now he clearly beat Danny Garcia in a cat and mouse affair. Herrera knew not to engage and test Swift's strength. Used a beautiful jab to control the fight and picked his spots very well. Danny was getting clipped with counters and missing his. It's time for him to go to welter because he's a pretty big Jr welter.
Thoughts?

Hold up...did you just use "morally", as it pertains to boxing???

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 17 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Mar 16 2014, 10:26 PM) *
I think this discussion should have been inevitable since his win over The Siberian Rocky has looked even more impressive wit the Bradley/Provodnikov FOTY fight and Ruslan making WBO champ Alvarado quit.

Now he clearly beat Danny Garcia in a cat and mouse affair. Herrera knew not to engage and test Swift's strength. Used a beautiful jab to control the fight and picked his spots very well. Danny was getting clipped with counters and missing his. It's time for him to go to welter because he's a pretty big Jr welter.
Thoughts?

In all fairness there isn't any reason why he shouldn't be rated as the Champ, both physically and mentally and especially morally because those hometown judges gave DG the hook-up.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Mar 17 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #19

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Mar 17 2014, 08:38 PM) *
Hold up...did you just use "morally", as it pertains to boxing???

Yep, and I mean by talking to all of the fellow boxing fans on here, not the pieces of shit who sit on their ass and just collect money from guys who busts their ass. The guys who for years just simply reap huge benefits from athletes who have an higher chance of dying from their respective sport than most other endeavors. As a fan to another I am asking morally, them council members and commissions couldn't give a shit as long as their pockets are lined up. It honestly sickens me to know there are people who just sit back and do nothing but collect money while others put there lives on the line and for their family.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:03 AM