IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10:30P (ET), 9:30P(CT), 7:30P (PT): Dawson vs. Pascal (SPOILERS 15 Minutes Later), No Duplicate Threads or New Spoiler Topics
Method
post Aug 15 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #31

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (tymoney @ Aug 15 2010, 01:01 AM) *
Some fighters needs they ass handed to them so they can realize their full potential. So I wont call Chad exposed yet until i see him in his next fight. This was either a wake up call to knock some damn sense in his head.. or this was truly him getting exposed by a fighter that wasnt all that great. We'll see.. but aside from that i personally was never all that high on Chad so I wasnt surprised by shit i seen tonight. He have the talent for sure.. but he aint got the heart.. and you cant train for that!

I'm with you. I was never that high on him either. I thought he got EXPOSED in the first Johnson fight, but they let him off because he was the next great thing. I was glad to see that happen to him tonight. It reaffirmed what I saw in the first Johnson fight. whats funny is HBO was trying to Jock him in the first half of the first round, but they quickly jumped off that bandwagon after the first round.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Method
post Aug 15 2010, 12:08 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 1,253

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 01:00 AM) *
Do you consider Paul Williams p4p talent (The Ring does)? He had an off night against Quintana, this situation is analogous to that. It happens there is no denying this, you cannot win this argument.

Again, P4P talent does NOT lose to Carlos fucking Quintana. There is no argument to win, as it's not for dispute.

Further, Williams lost to Martinez and was losing to Cintron. But that's neither here nor there. Losing to Quintana is inexcusable.

+Quote Post
Aware
post Aug 15 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #33

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (Method @ Aug 15 2010, 01:08 AM) *
Again, P4P talent does NOT lose to Carlos fucking Quintana. There is no argument to win, as it's not for dispute.

Further, Williams lost to Martinez and was losing to Cintron. But that's neither here nor there. Losing to Quintana is inexcusable.

Well, you obviously don't grasp the nature of human beings. Everybody has off nights even the best of the best can lose to lesser opponents. Happened to Joe Louis in his prime, it happened to Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson (P4P greatest), etc. Checkmate!

This post has been edited by Aware: Aug 15 2010, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
tymoney
post Aug 15 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #34

Strawweight

Member No.: 10,661

QUOTE (Aware @ Aug 15 2010, 01:17 AM) *
Well, you obviously don't grasp the nature of human beings. Everybody has off nights even the best of the best can lose to lesser opponents. Happened to Joe Louis in his prime, it happened to Tyson, Sugar Ray Robinson (P4P greatest), etc. Checkmate!

Both of you guys are right. P4P talent dont lose to Carlos Quintana, and P4P talent dont lose to Buster Douglas either. But NO one with a brain can say that Tyson was not P4P one of the greatest ever. So I can buy into the argument that you can have an off night.. but I cant buy into the argument that this was one of Chad "off nights". I believe this is and always has been Chad Dawson, a talented guy that has mediocre wins over mediocre/old fighters.. and eventually got too damn comfortable and lost to another mediocre fighter. And the main reason why i cant put no money on him.. cuz after he got his ass whooped he had the audacity to say he thought he won the fight. Seriously dude? Lol.. not one word about going back to the drawing board.. i shouldve put more pressure on em etc.. nothing but excuses. I call that the "Zab Judah syndrome".. a talented guy that will never reach his full potential.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Aug 15 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

Did not see the fight, but after watching a few of Pascal's previous fights, I thought he looks like a pretty good fighter. I figured he would give Dawson a tough fight. Before the fight I would have had Dawson as a P4P top ten fighter, like many others would have also. But after losing tonight, he no longer deserves it. He must now earn it and prove this fight to be a fluke if he really is a P4P fighter.

Same with Paul Williams, he does not deserve to be a P4P fighter IMHO. He did lose to Martinez and was getting outboxed by Cintron, though only a few rounds before the crazy ending. Sorry, but not really qualifications of a P4P fighter.

+Quote Post
JD
post Aug 15 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #36

First Ballot

Member No.: 1,262

I don't think Dawson had an off night. He lost a fight to a guy who was willing to do the work he wasn't...but that's not new with Dawson, at leasr based upon what I have seen from him. I always felt something was missing or lacking with the guy.

This is the same guy I have seen over the past year or so, no different...he just didn't have a faded, slow, downside opponent in front of him.

+Quote Post
Guest_ViperSniper_*
post Aug 15 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #37

Guests

Great fight! Pascal was the busier man all night who was taking the risks and was really letting his hands go with a lot behind them. Dawson looked good the first 3 rounds but after that just didn't do enough to change the action to his advantage.

Chad Dawson is a very good boxer but he doesn't seem to pounce on openings and doesn't throw when he should. Instead of always waiting on picture perfect chance to throw combinations, he lets too many opportunities slip that result in low work rate, as his lack of urgency to not throw enough doesn't let him focused on a steady work rate. To his credit, he knew what was needed going into the championship rounds and started the 11th with the right idea but was unlucky he got the accidental headbutt to end the fight as he was having his best round of the night. It's a shame we didn't get to see the fight go 12 rounds.

I think Chad Dawson has already proven he is a pretty good fighter with the fights he has taken so far. Chad Dawson left the states to fight in Pascal's backyard as the undefeated Light Heavyweight Champ which deserves some big props as many Champions would not do this, but at times should, specially the status Dawson already has you know he is not acting like a diva in terms of getting fights made.

I had it 7-4 Pascal, in a very good fight that needs to be thrown on the list of rematches than need to be made. This could end up being FOTY which was a very good, legit fight the moment it was signed yet went completely under the radar leading into it. Jean Pascal fought with so much energy which made for a very interesting wave-like pace, as Dawson would fire back when tagged, as both were hurt, they showed alot of toughness and some pretty solid chins.

REMATCH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
Aware
post Aug 15 2010, 01:04 AM
Post #38

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (tymoney @ Aug 15 2010, 12:47 AM) *
Both of you guys are right. P4P talent dont lose to Carlos Quintana, and P4P talent dont lose to Buster Douglas either. But NO one with a brain can say that Tyson was not P4P one of the greatest ever. So I can buy into the argument that you can have an off night.. but I cant buy into the argument that this was one of Chad "off nights". I believe this is and always has been Chad Dawson, a talented guy that has mediocre wins over mediocre/old fighters.. and eventually got too damn comfortable and lost to another mediocre fighter. And the main reason why i cant put no money on him.. cuz after he got his ass whooped he had the audacity to say he thought he won the fight. Seriously dude? Lol.. not one word about going back to the drawing board.. i shouldve put more pressure on em etc.. nothing but excuses. I call that the "Zab Judah syndrome".. a talented guy that will never reach his full potential.

So Adamek was a mediocre fighter @ 175? It's so obvious, fuck. I guess I live in my own world. And for the record he never said he was winning.

This post has been edited by Aware: Aug 15 2010, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
salvador
post Aug 15 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,307

QUOTE (JD @ Aug 15 2010, 01:01 AM) *
I don't think Dawson had an off night. He lost a fight to a guy who was willing to do the work he wasn't...but that's not new with Dawson, at leasr based upon what I have seen from him. I always felt something was missing or lacking with the guy.

This is the same guy I have seen over the past year or so, no different...he just didn't have a faded, slow, downside opponent in front of him.

Congrats on the excellent fight breakdown on the front page JD.

I didn't get a chance to see the fight, but I'd like to know if they said anything about a rematch clause. I'm not sure who else there really is to fight at 175 for either of them and I'm not sure Bute would want to move up seeing as how he can sell out the same arenas that Pascal can while paying the opponent far less. It sure does make the 168 pound tourney that much more interesting as I'm sure those guys (especially the losers) would be comfortable moving up to 175 for a paycheck after its over.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 15 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #40

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

Pascal clearly took it but I had it pretty close 6-4-1, 6-5, or 7-4 Pascal. at the end. I pick Dawson when they rematch, UD.

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:46 AM