> Full 4 min Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Sr on 24/7
zucrates
post Aug 28 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #31

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Aug 28 2011, 11:49 AM) *
In the beginning of 24/7 he gave credit to his dad. I just think Floyd Jr. seems to be constantly trying to prove that he is responsible for his success, and there is some truth to that. its like when someone says "Floyd Jr is a great boxer." Floyd Sr. will say "All because of me and me only." Instead of saying "My son is a great boxer. He has great talent and skill. He has done a lot to further his career by his hard word ethic and being a student of the sport. I laid the foundation but he built it into an empire." Bam, you give yourself credit and your kid credit. Simple as that. I just do not think Sr. has enough humility to do something like that and I do not think Jr. has the patience or the communication skill to rely that to his father.

In all they are still blood and hopefully they can work on their relationship....

Ortiz is getting knock out. Floyd will take all frustration out on Ortiz. Victor seems mentally handcuff

An in the end he called him a fagot, just a cab driver and took the Jr. off his name. Big Floyd Has been doing this for yrs they know what he is saying when he says it hell little Floyd says he's the greatest boxer just like his father says he's the greatest trainer so I would think he would feel what his dad is saying(how does the best fighter not have the best trainer if the trainer taught you everything they say Floyd could train his self if he wanted to when he was 16)Floyd went in to hard, his dad knows his own past and if his past wasn't that would we even have a FMJ. I feel you on Ortiz's mental handcuffs(Does not remember Madinia) but will they break Floyd mentally in the fight with Pac and get him there!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Aug 28 2011, 03:36 PM
Post #32

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Aug 28 2011, 12:09 PM) *
does he ever give roger credit?

Did you not hear the argument? He gave Roger all the credit in the world and on Face Off he constantly mentioned Roger. He always gives Roger credit, always. Roger unlike his brother does not mush it down everyone throat that he taught his nephew the secrets of boxing, he let's his work speak for himself. Roger is in total control of Floyd's corner. Total control and Floyd listens.

QUOTE (zucrates @ Aug 28 2011, 03:27 PM) *
An in the end he called him a fagot, just a cab driver and took the Jr. off his name. Big Floyd Has been doing this for yrs they know what he is saying when he says it hell little Floyd says he's the greatest boxer just like his father says he's the greatest trainer so I would think he would feel what his dad is saying(how does the best fighter not have the best trainer if the trainer taught you everything they say Floyd could train his self if he wanted to when he was 16)Floyd went in to hard, his dad knows his own past and if his past wasn't that would we even have a FMJ. I feel you on Ortiz's mental handcuffs(Does not remember Madinia) but will they break Floyd mentally in the fight with Pac and get him there!

Calling his dad a faggot was pretty low but I am sure kids say shit about their parents all the time, it is just not recorded. I am sure there is a lot of hurt, The way Floyd Sr. treated Jr.'s mother plays apart and maybe the reason why Floyd surrounds himself around men is because he is lacking the close relationship and nurturing one with his father. You can see that. Psychology 101. Floyd has daddy issues and Sr. has regrets that he could never make up for. The time he served in jail was the time he needed to be in his don't life and you can never make up for lost time

+Quote Post
caneman
post Aug 28 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #33

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

BROTHER AKAY IN DA HOUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SAYING

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Aug 28 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 29 2011, 07:19 AM) *
delineating doesn't connote "laborious detail". he gives floyd a concise outline between rounds and he usually doesn't exhaust himself in telling floyd to throw this or that combination as other trainers normally do.

If by 'concise outline' you mean "just keep doing what you're doing" then I guess you are right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by The Ollie Reed Fan Club: Aug 28 2011, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
AKay
post Aug 28 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #35

I'm SEXY!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,421

lol just reading up while we still have power.

I just watched the whole episode on youtube.
Crazy argument with his pops!
AKay

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Aug 28 2011, 03:45 PM
Post #36

Welterweight

Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 28 2011, 02:34 PM) *
^if you actually listen to Roger's instructions, he's actually more concise than people give him credit for. he's extremely good at delineating just what floyd has to do against any particular opponent, and just as importantly, he doesn't talk too much in the corner. as george foreman use to say, you don't want to talk to those natural talents like Floyd too much, you just have to give them the general idea of what to do. I don't think there is anybody better suited to him than Roger.

watching that again, i don't think jr was going to lose his cool.

EXECELLENT ANALYSIS ON ROGER... people seem to forget the guy was a reputable world champion!!! If you notice the true greats don't need lengthy diatribes in the corner. Bouise Fisher and Hopkins had the same vibe as does Hopkins and Nazim... Precise to the point instructions... What Roger and Floyd have is SYNERGY... Ortiz will be another work of art done by Floyd!!!

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 28 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #37

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 28 2011, 04:43 PM) *
If by 'šoncise outline' you mean "just keep doing what you're doing" then I guess you are right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

well considering how often floyd is dominating his opponent, it does take experience to know when to get out of the fighters way. but i was thinking more of like when he constantly repeated to floyd to put pressure on Judah's right hand side. just a basic, concise direction that was probably the key to Floyd controlling the fight as opposed to just winning it.

+Quote Post
TheFonz
post Aug 28 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #38

Team BU fun boy that gets passed around...

Member No.: 10,999

Floyd basically trains himself, IMO. He is that good. Roger does very little "training".

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 28 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #39

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

i disagree, they say they don't talk about strategy, but Floyd is either prescient or just plain ol' prepared specifically for his opponent. Floyd didn't just pressure Mosley for no good reason... Roger told him to press the attack against the old man.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Aug 28 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #40

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 28 2011, 01:56 PM) *
i disagree, they say they don't talk about strategy, but Floyd is either prescient or just plain ol' prepared specifically for his opponent. Floyd didn't just pressure Mosley for no good reason... Roger told him to press the attack against the old man.

I agree. Roger knows his part and he plays it efficiently.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:37 PM