> Terence Crawford vs Broner, Crawford on par talent wise
MAHDI
post Jun 18 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #41

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2013, 08:13 PM) *
why not clean out the division and maximize his earnings before moving up? i think it's a smart move. 140 and 147 are going to be loaded with talent for a while. he has time to clean up at 135.

I agree... Just keep busy and making consistent change until the time comes. I like his approach and attitude in the ring. He seems to be very cerebral.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 19 2013, 01:20 AM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 18 2013, 07:13 PM) *
why not clean out the division and maximize his earnings before moving up? i think it's a smart move. 140 and 147 are going to be loaded with talent for a while. he has time to clean up at 135.

Threres nothing to clean out, I think vasquez is top rank to but burns won't fight anyone and other than that its dead, most of the 140 pounders will be moving up soon and even with that there's plenty of respectable contenders he can fill his resume with still there. He can clean that out while adding respectable wins against guys like zab holt shit if alvarado loses I'm sure arum doesn't mind fixing that fight up, especially since brandon is more marketable. Idk I think the kid is wasting his time at 135, nothing for him there unless burns comes out of his panties.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jun 20 2013, 03:42 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jun 19 2013, 01:15 AM) *
i don't know about that....he looks pretty good throwing in combination from the stance. i say he's more defensive minded in that position because he seems to sit on his back leg much bettter in that position and his headmovement looks more fluid and natural there. whereas in the orthodox position he looks front foot heavy and a little more squared. he also seems to get hit more in that position.

haven't seen enough of him to be able to say, am just going off the gamboa fight tbh

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jun 21 2013, 02:43 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jun 19 2013, 02:20 AM) *
Threres nothing to clean out, I think vasquez is top rank to but burns won't fight anyone and other than that its dead, most of the 140 pounders will be moving up soon and even with that there's plenty of respectable contenders he can fill his resume with still there. He can clean that out while adding respectable wins against guys like zab holt shit if alvarado loses I'm sure arum doesn't mind fixing that fight up, especially since brandon is more marketable. Idk I think the kid is wasting his time at 135, nothing for him there unless burns comes out of his panties.

i'll agree...there isn't much there, but he should at least collect a couple of straps to increase his earning potential at 140. at this point....he's just another fighter at 140. if he wins a couple straps...he's a champion moving up and puts himself high on the list.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jul 10 2013, 03:03 AM
Post #45

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

crawford might be a future GOAT

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 05:35 AM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Crawford is signed with Top Rank. He will be lucky to get 2 fights a year. Arum is not about promoting black fighters. At all. Plus his level of competition needs to be higher. The fight with Broner would be interesting. Crawford has a lot of skill and he is a smart boxer. He doesn't rely on his talent to win but his skill and craft, plus he is a thinker. He could give Broner major problems, plus Crawford has a punch. I think Broner maybe faster. It is an interesting that will never happen

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 02:28 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 06:35 AM) *
Crawford is signed with Top Rank. He will be lucky to get 2 fights a year. Arum is not about promoting black fighters. At all. Plus his level of competition needs to be higher. The fight with Broner would be interesting. Crawford has a lot of skill and he is a smart boxer. He doesn't rely on his talent to win but his skill and craft, plus he is a thinker. He could give Broner major problems, plus Crawford has a punch. I think Broner maybe faster. It is an interesting that will never happen

i'm hoping toprank proves us all wrong and promotes the shit out of bradley, rigondeaux and crawford. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 11:28 AM) *
i'm hoping toprank proves us all wrong and promotes the shit out of bradley, rigondeaux and crawford. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

How does Donaire have a fight before Rigondeaux? That should answer your question!

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 10 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #49

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

is that Black fighters have no fan base and that masses African Americans (Blacks) do not follow the sport like mexicans so they are not worth a big promotional investments?

crawford can punch and is very cerebral in the ring. I like him and think that he would give Broner hell

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jul 10 2013, 04:11 PM

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 10 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #50

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

I was at Rios/Alvarado 2....Broner KOs Crawford imo.Better fight to be made with Broner

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:47 AM