> Broner/Maidana
Jovi
post Jul 25 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Broner landed some HARD shots on Paulie, but nothing came of it. I agree that Paulie's more defensive than Maidana, but let's be honest here, Maidana has been bobbing & weaving, using the jab and working behind it, and so on.

I also agree that Broner will have an easier time landing on Marcos, who doesn't?...especially when you can create angles to land shots like Broner from time to time. Maidana effectively brings the fight to his opponents nowadays, rather than using his face for defense.

I'm still not sure about Maidana's defense after seeing him against Josesito. I mean it was better than it was against Alexander but still looks like not good enough to survive against broner's offense
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 25 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 01:08 PM) *
If Broner couldn't hurt Paulie with his punches, then I cant see him hurting Maidana, who apparently was born to take a punch.

QUOTE (jtiizzle @ Jul 25 2013, 02:33 PM) *
exactly

Paulie has an undeniable chin! Wow come on guys give the guido his due, maidana has been dropped, hurt, stunned more than a handful of times. I'm not saying he can't beat broner but I think paulies chin has been tested and proven more than maidanas

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 25 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 25 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Paulie has an undeniable chin! Wow come on guys give the guido his due, maidana has been dropped, hurt, stunned more than a handful of times. I'm not saying he can't beat broner but I think paulies chin has been tested and proven more than maidanas

This is a great point, but a point in favor of maidana, the fact that hes been dropped, hurt, stunned more than a handful, and never KOed. so what could broner possibly do to him? if broner lands his best punches, maidana will eat thgem and just start bombing. one thing about paulie, he cant get any respect with his power, so broner walked right thru him, maidana regularly pops speed bags, the guy is a freak, he will rock broners chin and broner will say, holy shit, and back down. Broner will realize he cant hurt maidana, and he bitch out. Hell pull a ponce de leon type of deal, and try to outbox and get a decision, but hes flat footed and doesnt possess the mindset to survive a natural stalker puncher like maidana.

If amir khan hurt maidana, yet maidana got up and proceeded to smaxk khans bitch ass all around the ring, and khan was able to stop paulie, then we can use this as some type of reference to what broner couldnt do with paulie, and we can make a small assessment that broner aint hurting maidana. maidana is a transformed fighter since hes fought khan, hes more well rounded.

josesito is no push over man. that guy can endure a shitload of punishment, and he gives it back at the same time, thats the perfect pre-fight for a fight with broner. on the other hand broner barely got a SD, and that hurt his confidence, i think hes second guessing himself. I cant wait for this shit.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 26 2013, 12:15 AM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 09:19 PM) *
This is a great point, but a point in favor of maidana, the fact that hes been dropped, hurt, stunned more than a handful, and never KOed. so what could broner possibly do to him? if broner lands his best punches, maidana will eat thgem and just start bombing. one thing about paulie, he cant get any respect with his power, so broner walked right thru him, maidana regularly pops speed bags, the guy is a freak, he will rock broners chin and broner will say, holy shit, and back down. Broner will realize he cant hurt maidana, and he bitch out. Hell pull a ponce de leon type of deal, and try to outbox and get a decision, but hes flat footed and doesnt possess the mindset to survive a natural stalker puncher like maidana.

If amir khan hurt maidana, yet maidana got up and proceeded to smaxk khans bitch ass all around the ring, and khan was able to stop paulie, then we can use this as some type of reference to what broner couldnt do with paulie, and we can make a small assessment that broner aint hurting maidana. maidana is a transformed fighter since hes fought khan, hes more well rounded.

josesito is no push over man. that guy can endure a shitload of punishment, and he gives it back at the same time, thats the perfect pre-fight for a fight with broner. on the other hand broner barely got a SD, and that hurt his confidence, i think hes second guessing himself. I cant wait for this shit.

Here we go with the triangle theories again....

Maidana has amazing resolve and incredible determination but he has been hurt by average punchers (except in ortiz case). Yes he gets back up but he has only come back to win one of those fights. Are we forgetting he hasn't fought a decent boxer since Alexander turned him so bad he looked like he was in a drier?? I'm a huge fan of argentinas big three but I'm just saying broner has a good chance of beating maidana. But maidana is an absolute monster puncher so I wouldn't put it past him to stop another up and comer on the same way he did with ortiz. He looks faster a little more balanced and dare I say it stronger since joining Garcia. But his oppositiom has also been limited in that span

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 26 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #25

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 09:47 AM) *
i think broner gets koed

His chin will finally be tested for sure. If he gets KTFO we don't have to see his Kentucky Fried Chicken ass Minstrel show any longer-- GO MAIDANA

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 26 2013, 10:27 AM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 25 2013, 08:04 PM) *
I'm still not sure about Maidana's defense after seeing him against Josesito. I mean it was better than it was against Alexander but still looks like not good enough to survive against broner's offense

I can see where you're coming from, because Lopez DID hurt Maidana and dropped him, but it wasn't counted as a KD. I can see him really using his movement in this fight, because he HAS to, but let's face it, Broner doesn't shy away from going to the body, so I wont even concern myself with the head shots anymore. Lol

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 25 2013, 08:21 PM) *

Paulie does a have a great chin, but he can be dropped, and Broner couldn't pull it off. Even Lora and Cano's slow asses put Paulie on the canvas, but Broner couldn't. At some point, we'd have to wonder how long these guys can take these shots.

I just mentioned to Jovi, that Maidana was hurt and dropped in the Lopez fight. It's becoming easier and easier for him to get hurt bad and dropped, because he's been taking punches in every fight. Granted, the time most of us saw Maidana, was in the Ortiz fight, who was a HARD puncher at 140, he took those shots with ease and got right back up.

Nowadays, he doesn't look as good taking those shots. I think we saw it in the Alexander fight, where he got hurt BAD a few times, but one time in particular, he went down and looked like he wanted to pack it in. He got hurt in the Karass fight, but we saw that same look on his face from the Alexander fight, in the Lopez fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 26 2013, 10:28 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 26 2013, 08:52 AM) *
His chin will finally be tested for sure. If he gets KTFO we don't have to see his Kentucky Fried Chicken ass Minstrel show any longer-- GO MAIDANA

Not sure how many times I gotta tell you to be cool with the racial stuff. Have you been taking your meds?

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 26 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #28

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 26 2013, 01:15 AM) *
Here we go with the triangle theories again....

Maidana has amazing resolve and incredible determination but he has been hurt by average punchers (except in ortiz case). Yes he gets back up but he has only come back to win one of those fights. Are we forgetting he hasn't fought a decent boxer since Alexander turned him so bad he looked like he was in a drier?? I'm a huge fan of argentinas big three but I'm just saying broner has a good chance of beating maidana. But maidana is an absolute monster puncher so I wouldn't put it past him to stop another up and comer on the same way he did with ortiz. He looks faster a little more balanced and dare I say it stronger since joining Garcia. But his oppositiom has also been limited in that span

I agree with the triangle theory, but what else can you use to gauage two people who havent fought yet while discussing their upcoming fight? you have to examine their common opponents and what it could mean. this is just speculation IMO. Im not saying that just because khan beat malignaggi by stoppage, that it absolutely definitely means something concrete, but what else can we speculate about? and broner isnt as technically sound as alexander, and i dont think hes near as dedicated, or as humble.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 27 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 26 2013, 08:14 PM) *
I agree with the triangle theory, but what else can you use to gauage two people who havent fought yet while discussing their upcoming fight? you have to examine their common opponents and what it could mean. this is just speculation IMO. Im not saying that just because khan beat malignaggi by stoppage, that it absolutely definitely means something concrete, but what else can we speculate about? and broner isnt as technically sound as alexander, and i dont think hes near as dedicated, or as humble.

You look at their styles tendencies confidence sometimes. Styles make fights not past opponents, Alexander dominated a wide come forward slugger in maidana but struggled with a straighter puncher in Lucas. Also Lucas and Bradley did better jobs in cutting off the ring, maidana often resorts in literally chasing. Broner would be wise to move as he did in the litzau fight and pick his shots, if the ko comes let it come. If he fights flat footed as he did with demarco, paulie, and de Leon it could be disastrous.

Triangle theories are not very telling in boxing, its more complicated than that

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Jul 27 2013, 02:28 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 26 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Not sure how many times I gotta tell you to be cool with the racial stuff. Have you been taking your meds?

I didnt think that was racial. It was more pointing out what a step n fecthit Mayweather Jr jr was. he might as well do press conferences in Black face. As Chris Rock says, Mayweather jr jr takes us back about 72 years. So much for progress. Just my 2cents.

As to the fight... I'm looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how Maidana approaches Mayweather Jr jr. Will it be Devon Alexander all over again(who I think Maidana does much better against in a rematch) or will it be the Maidana of the Ortiz/Khan fights. Is mayweather jr jr more like Alexander or Ortiz?? Who will be the bigger dude that night?? If Mayweather Jr jr comes in bigger then i think he gets Maidana by SD12. If Maidana comes in looking bigger, I think he stops Jr jr. its that simple. This is a fight between guys who may not be their best at 147 YET. I think Maidana is much more adjusted than Jr jr, so we'll see what happens. Great fight between two good fighters.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:54 PM