IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Mayweather Retire Undefeated, If He Fought 3 More Fights Against..., Alverez, Pacquiao or Martinez As Each Opponent
Does Mayweather Retire Undefeated, If He Fought 3 More Fights Against...
Alverez, Pacquiao or Martinez As Each Opponent
Yes, He Retires Undefeated [ 10 ] ** [76.92%]
No, He Retires Defeated [ 3 ] ** [23.08%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Sep 26 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 06:13 PM) *
What's up Da so-called professor? Lol J/k what's up guy? I like your analysis most of the time and you give good post. But why is it that when someone criticizes or is critical of Floyd and his accomplishments, Floyd fans always respond with a PAC criticism? I understand it goes both ways and PAC fans do the same when he gets criticized. It's funny when I read a post criticizing or being critical of that fighter, their fans are quick to respond with a criticism of the other regardless if they are relevant to the thread?

unfortunately, the two will forever be linked by the fight that never happened. i've been watching the sport for a very long time and i cannot recall there ever being a situation like this. even if i chose not to acknowledge it....they're always going to be linked and ppl will always wonder what would have happened. i think it drops both of their legacies and shows that they aren't cut from the same cloth as guys like duran, hearns, hagler or benitez. don't get me wrong...i'm a fan of both guys. i watched pac blaze his trail...and no one can take away from his accomplishments below 135. same with floyd....his career below 140 is amazing. but i'd be lying if i said that i thought what both accomplished above those weights was amazing. u cannot put those accomplishments on the same level as what guys like armstrong and roberto duran have done. but if we had to compare them head to head....pac/may....i think anyone who knows and truly understands boxing will tell u floyd is the better of the two.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 07:00 PM
Post #22

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 13,707

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 03:51 PM) *
unfortunately, the two will forever be linked by the fight that never happened. i've been watching the sport for a very long time and i cannot recall there ever being a situation like this. even if i chose not to acknowledge it....they're always going to be linked and ppl will always wonder what would have happened. i think it drops both of their legacies and shows that they aren't cut from the same cloth as guys like duran, hearns, hagler or benitez. don't get me wrong...i'm a fan of both guys. i watched pac blaze his trail...and no one can take away from his accomplishments below 135. same with floyd....his career below 140 is amazing. but i'd be lying if i said that i thought what both accomplished above those weights was amazing. u cannot put those accomplishments on the same level as what guys like armstrong and roberto duran have done. but if we had to compare them head to head....pac/may....i think anyone who knows and truly understands boxing will tell u floyd is the better of the two.

Honestly professor, how old are you? I know i have criticized you and your claims but inform me of when and how you got started in boxing. The reason I question you is because I have noticed in my short time of boxing forums and Internet boxing chat that lots of guys make claims so they can come across as knowing more than most. Plus I remember you telling me specifically that you have trained guys for over 35+ years and boxing has taken you all over the world. Then in the thread where i was battling you and a couple others on weed and boxing, you then said you have only been in the boxing game for 30+years and out of that you have only been training fighters for half that. Plus your responses in a lot of post have references only the younger generation make and what older guy that has been in the game for as long as you say would put Killa Kali for california as his location? Look it's cool if you are a younger guy because being young doenst mean you have less knowledge than the older ones. Just be honest because you tend to have knowledge. Inform me.

This post has been edited by boxingloner: Sep 26 2012, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 26 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 07:00 PM) *
Honestly professor, how old are you? I know i have criticized you and your claims but inform me of when and how you got started in boxing. The reason I question you is because I have noticed in my short time of boxing forums and Internet boxing chat that lots of guys make claims so they can come across as knowing more than most. Plus I remember you telling me specifically that you have trained guys for over 35+ years and boxing has taken you all over the world. Then in the thread where i was battling you and a couple others on weed and boxing, you then said you have only been in the boxing game for 30+years and out of that you have only been training fighters for half that. Plus your responses in a lot of post have references only the younger generation make and what older guy that has been in the game for as long as you say would put Killa Kali for california as his location? Look it's cool if you are a younger guy because being young doenst mean you have less knowledge than the older ones. Just be honest because you tend to have knowledge. Inform me.

u misunderstood my 35 year involvement in boxing. i said i have been a student of boxing for over 35 yrs...and that's true. i started learning at the age of 5. i competed as an amateur for many years...and actually assisted in coaching (but i don't really count those years as coaching) when i was in my early 20's. i stopped boxing because of an injury and turned to coaching back in '98. i served an old school apprenticeship as a coach...training under a coach who has been in boxing longer than i've been alive. i worked with plenty of coaches over the years and side by side with some of the best. i'm not trying to boast...it's just truth. i'm in my early 40's...but i'm still a kid at heart, hence the killa kali...and hip hop references...and yes, i still play video games and i don't see getting high as something bad even though i don't partake. i don't drink either. i'm not here on the board to blow smoke up anyone's ass....or to try and feel high and mighty...i just enjoy discussing boxing with ppl who love the sport as much as i do. i don't believe i know it all...and i will never claim to....hence my sig...'he who dares to teach, must never cease to learn..' the name...daprofessor...was given to me by my students...i've also been called maestro...i think the ppl who have placed those titles on me have done so with sincerity so i wear the badge with pride. i am confident in what i know and what i am able to teach...but i understand that the more i learn...the more i realize i don't know shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the way i see it...i'm also here to learn. i've learned plenty from participating in forums like this. i think it's a great place to share knowledge.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2012, 07:57 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 25 2012, 10:18 PM) *
i don't blame him if people keep buying his fights and people will keep buying his fights.

blame the fans.

The blame should go to both sides. I wont sit here and lie, saying that I wont buy anymore of his fights, but dude needs to at least make it clear to fans that he is interested in fighting somebody in the near future. He shouldn't just come back and snag up another paycheck after he's blown it on cars, gambling, his blow-up doll woman, or any of his other vices.

When he does fight, it is an EVENT, but no need for him to mess up the whole division. That's like having your March Madness bracket together, and out of nowhere, they know an NBA Allstar team in there to beat the best team in the bracket, and eliminate them. Weird, but hell, you'd have to rearrange your whole bracket. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

With that in mind, if he at least let us know who he's interested in fighting, then we wont get super-excited when a fighter makes a statement in the WW division. My first example was, Victor Ortiz dominating Berto and becoming the new sensation in the division.

Then out of nowhere, Floyd comes in and makes a fight with him, beats him, takes his belt, and leaves the scene. Seems like he only made that Cotto fight because of the trial, but seriously, he actually made that fight two months before it was announced (my sources confirmed a while ago).

Anyhow, if he's going to stay away from the sport, then he should stay away. No need to come and mess up a division that's obviously trying rebuild itself in Floyd's absence. It's like somebody knocking down your sand castle, lol.

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 26 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #25

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 26 2012, 05:32 PM) *
u misunderstood my 35 year involvement in boxing. i said i have been a student of boxing for over 35 yrs...and that's true. i started learning at the age of 5. i competed as an amateur for many years...and actually assisted in coaching (but i don't really count those years as coaching) when i was in my early 20's. i stopped boxing because of an injury and turned to coaching back in '98. i served an old school apprenticeship as a coach...training under a coach who has been in boxing longer than i've been alive. i worked with plenty of coaches over the years and side by side with some of the best. i'm not trying to boast...it's just truth. i'm in my early 40's...but i'm still a kid at heart, hence the killa kali...and hip hop references...and yes, i still play video games and i don't see getting high as something bad even though i don't partake. i don't drink either. i'm not here on the board to blow smoke up anyone's ass....or to try and feel high and mighty...i just enjoy discussing boxing with ppl who love the sport as much as i do. i don't believe i know it all...and i will never claim to....hence my sig...'he who dares to teach, must never cease to learn..' the name...daprofessor...was given to me by my students...i've also been called maestro...i think the ppl who have placed those titles on me have done so with sincerity so i wear the badge with pride. i am confident in what i know and what i am able to teach...but i understand that the more i learn...the more i realize i don't know shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the way i see it...i'm also here to learn. i've learned plenty from participating in forums like this. i think it's a great place to share knowledge.

If thats all true than that's cool. But from my prospective i question all claims. Sorry it's just how i am and when I feel im being BS'ed I call it. Who did you train under? I mean if I was a trainer and learned under someone who was known, I'd be proud. And what world champs did you train that you have claimed also. Just let it out because I'd be proud to have trained world champs also if I was a trainer. I mean who was your teacher and what world champs did you train?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 26 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I think someones crushing on you prof lol

+Quote Post
boxingloner
post Sep 27 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #27

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 07:44 PM) *

What a nice girlfriend you are by trying to protect your boyfriend, how sweet. Looks like someone is getting some tonight. Lol

Anyways im just checking someone that claims something I think may be BS. What he says may be true and that would be great for board members as they have access to a "world class" trainer. All I'm saying is if you are what you say you are, prove it and tell how you got there and who taught you and what world champs you trained that you say you have trained. Like I said his story could be true but his story has changed when I digged a little. First he said he has been training boxers for over 35+ years, then he said I misunderstood what he said. Then when he references age when he's done something it's either it was in my early 20's or im in my early 40's. Those are vague answers. Plus when he makes a claims he has to add "and that's true" to emphasize something, that sounds like he's trying to make you believe something that's not true by adding that. Anyways daprofessor could just say what's the name of his gym, where it's at, who he trains and who he is and all this would clear up.

For the sake of all board members i hope he is who he says he is because that would be great if we all had access to a real world class trainer.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 27 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 26 2012, 08:45 PM) *
If thats all true than that's cool. But from my prospective i question all claims. Sorry it's just how i am and when I feel im being BS'ed I call it. Who did you train under? I mean if I was a trainer and learned under someone who was known, I'd be proud. And what world champs did you train that you have claimed also. Just let it out because I'd be proud to have trained world champs also if I was a trainer. I mean who was your teacher and what world champs did you train?

so where do you work? what do u do? how long have u been doing it? how much are u getting paid to do it? i don't know that you are qualified to do what u do so i have to question b.s when i read it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/closedeyes.gif)

see how ridiculous that sounds? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

this isn't a conversation i want to have on a board where everyone is anonymous...but thanks for your interest.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 27 2012, 01:47 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 26 2012, 09:44 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 27 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (boxingloner @ Sep 27 2012, 09:42 AM) *
What a nice girlfriend you are by trying to protect your boyfriend, how sweet. Looks like someone is getting some tonight. Lol

Anyways im just checking someone that claims something I think may be BS. What he says may be true and that would be great for board members as they have access to a "world class" trainer. All I'm saying is if you are what you say you are, prove it and tell how you got there and who taught you and what world champs you trained that you say you have trained. Like I said his story could be true but his story has changed when I digged a little. First he said he has been training boxers for over 35+ years, then he said I misunderstood what he said. Then when he references age when he's done something it's either it was in my early 20's or im in my early 40's. Those are vague answers. Plus when he makes a claims he has to add "and that's true" to emphasize something, that sounds like he's trying to make you believe something that's not true by adding that. Anyways daprofessor could just say what's the name of his gym, where it's at, who he trains and who he is and all this would clear up.

For the sake of all board members i hope he is who he says he is because that would be great if we all had access to a real world class trainer.

i never said i trained boxers for over 35yrs. u said that. show me where i said it.

in my early twenties....when i was still boxing myself...i helped my coach train about 30 other boxers. i held mitts, ran drills, floor exercises etc... that, believe it or not, is coaching experience. but i don't count it.

none of my answers are vague.

i'm not trying to make u believe anything. if u believe what i say is b.s. then why read on?

as for me giving up the name of my gym and who i train....it's all useless. u wouldn't know anyone i'm working with because they are primarily amateurs at this point and the gym i work out of isn't even known. i prefer it that way. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:28 AM