Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much will 40 days of mourning affect GGG?, Father Has Passed Away
Col Reb
post Mar 2 2014, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

I'm not familiar with the customs of Kazakhstan, but does anyone know how restricted GGG will be for 40 days? Does that mean no training at all or just no fights? Can a boxer at that level take off time like that with no practice and come back the same? I remember there were questions about how Floyd would handle his situation and he didn't miss a beat (of course Floyd is an ATG). I think GGG is doing the right thing by adhering to his customs, but I'm curious as to what impact this will have on his career and his hot streak.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 2 2014, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 2 2014, 03:09 PM) *
I'm not familiar with the customs of Kazakhstan, but does anyone know how restricted GGG will be for 40 days? Does that mean no training at all or just no fights? Can a boxer at that level take off time like that with no practice and come back the same? I remember there were questions about how Floyd would handle his situation and he didn't miss a beat (of course Floyd is an ATG). I think GGG is doing the right thing by adhering to his customs, but I'm curious as to what impact this will have on his career and his hot streak.

I think whatever time he's going to take off would be appropriate, none of us can say how long a person should or needs to take to recover from such a loss, I lost my dad years ago and it still affects me today when I think about it. I hope he comes back even better than when he left.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 2 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Shouldn't have any affect. I'd be more concerned if he actually fought in April. At the appropriate time he will come back and fight. This may actually help him, let's his body rest and take a mental break from boxing

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

His level of competition isn't blockbuster so taking this time off isn't going to kill him. My condolences to his family. I am glad his dad got to see some of his son's success.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 3 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

I doubt he's gonna sit on the couch for 30 days. He just had a fight not to long ago and now that the Lee fight is off expect his return fight to be against Julio in msg or staples center.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 5 2014, 02:11 AM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

tough loss for gennady. i also hear he lost his brothers in the military. the time off could affect who his next opponent is, and it'll be interesting to see if he goes forward with someone like andy lee right off the bat, or if he wants a tune up.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Mar 5 2014, 02:12 AM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Mar 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think hes gonna take chavez on june 12 right out the gate, he wants the big fights, chavez wants it, arum wants it, loeffler wants it, hbo wants it, the fans want it, ward wants the winnner, i want a million dollars, so its gona happen.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:44 AM