> Rios and Pacquiao on ESPN's First Take
mgrover
post Aug 13 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 03:35 PM) *
Marquez just raised his game and Pac was counting on the old Marquez from past fights. I honestly think he overlooked this fight.

define raised his game? if you mean he just looked for the KO then sure yeah I agree with that. But to me it seems more like Pac too aggressive for his own good
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #32

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 07:53 AM) *
define raised his game? if you mean he just looked for the KO then sure yeah I agree with that. But to me it seems more like Pac too aggressive for his own good

In the third fight he was cautious and it cost him, the fourth fight he was going to leave no stone un-turned. He went for the gusto and got it, Usually is a careful fighter but he went for it, so yeah he raised his game.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 13 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 04:44 AM) *
I am thinking that Manny may have overlooked JMM. Maybe Bob was telling him if he wins this fight then he could have Mayweather. I mean it would make sense. Mayweather would just be coming out of jail so perhaps his team would think May would be rusty coming out of jail and their chances of beating him would be greater. I honestly think, now looking back in it, that Manny saw JMM as another opponent. He made too many mistakes in that fight now that I think about it.

That could be it, but for some reason I actually get the feeling that he wants to be done with boxing but realizes he can't afford to quit. If you look in just the last 18mos alone, his demeanor has changed so much

Marquez would've been a nightmare for him regardless, he's fought the guy 3 previous times and he really lost most of them, the timing was right. While I still believe Pacquiao best Bradley, he didn't look good in that fight. It was very apparent to me that he was not the same fighter. And then he goes off to fight JMM? That was a bigger mistake then leaping into that awesome right hand from Marquez

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #34

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 11:29 AM) *
That could be it, but for some reason I actually get the feeling that he wants to be done with boxing but realizes he can't afford to quit. If you look in just the last 18mos alone, his demeanor has changed so much

Marquez would've been a nightmare for him regardless, he's fought the guy 3 previous times and he really lost most of them, the timing was right. While I still believe Pacquiao best Bradley, he didn't look good in that fight. It was very apparent to me that he was not the same fighter. And then he goes off to fight JMM? That was a bigger mistake then leaping into that awesome right hand from Marquez

Manny fought like shit against Bradley. He was taking too many rounds off. He didn't really hurt Bradley, now do I think Bradley won the fight, yes and no. No because he wasn't effective in executing his game plan, however, Manny did nothing to really open Bradley up and make him fight. Fighting 30 seconds at the end of the rounds does not cut it. Plus the way that fight went down, the delay in the locker room it was a weird night. I don't know what Bob told him in the dressing room but Manny did nothing in that fight. So who knows...

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 13 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 05:11 PM) *
Manny fought like shit against Bradley. He was taking too many rounds off. He didn't really hurt Bradley, now do I think Bradley won the fight, yes and no. No because he wasn't effective in executing his game plan, however, Manny did nothing to really open Bradley up and make him fight. Fighting 30 seconds at the end of the rounds does not cut it. Plus the way that fight went down, the delay in the locker room it was a weird night. I don't know what Bob told him in the dressing room but Manny did nothing in that fight. So who knows...

This fight with Rios is one he could lose, I'm very interested to see how this fight plays out. The only real question mark is where I'm going to watch the fight at? I have refused to buy any TR PPV card ever since that mosley fight. I was pissed and I don't think I'll be buying any ppv's from them anytime soon.

The messed up part is when I go watch a Pacquiao fight, these fans are irritating. The level if but hugging for manny here in Chicago is on another level. So I have to find a place with my friends where it's not as bad as the last

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 05:40 PM
Post #36

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 13 2013, 02:36 PM) *
This fight with Rios is one he could lose, I'm very interested to see how this fight plays out. The only real question mark is where I'm going to watch the fight at? I have refused to buy any TR PPV card ever since that mosley fight. I was pissed and I don't think I'll be buying any ppv's from them anytime soon.

The messed up part is when I go watch a Pacquiao fight, these fans are irritating. The level if but hugging for manny here in Chicago is on another level. So I have to find a place with my friends where it's not as bad as the last

I am not buying this fight. I will just wait for the replay. I think I will be out of town on business if I am not mistaken anyway. My boss loves Pacquiao and is now an Alvarez fan. The shit I have to hear from him is almost unreal.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 13 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 11:40 PM) *
I am not buying this fight. I will just wait for the replay. I think I will be out of town on business if I am not mistaken anyway. My boss loves Pacquiao and is now an Alvarez fan. The shit I have to hear from him is almost unreal.

Well at least your boss watches some kind of boxing, around the office everybody's like that still isn't banned?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #38

Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Well at least your boss watches some kind of boxing, around the office everybody's like that still isn't banned?

My boss doesn't know shit about boxing, he knows about Pacquiao and just recently Alvarez. He actually talked to me how if Manny was fighting in the 80s he would be Duran, and the only reason why he knew about Duran because I was watching a Duran fight in my office and he sat down and watched it with me. I just looked at my boss and laughed. But whatever.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 14 2013, 08:55 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:46 PM) *
My boss doesn't know shit about boxing, he knows about Pacquiao and just recently Alvarez. He actually talked to me how if Manny was fighting in the 80s he would be Duran, and the only reason why he knew about Duran because I was watching a Duran fight in my office and he sat down and watched it with me. I just looked at my boss and laughed. But whatever.

Be careful bro...discussing boxing in the workplace nowadays is right up there next to race, sexual preference, religion, and salaries...ESPECIALLY if you get trolled into talking about Manny vs Floyd. If motherfuckers are out here bare knuckle brawling over Manny vs Floyd debates, then surely a sensitive, know-it-all, POS, boss will fire you, if he gets a wild hair up his during a debate. Lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 14 2013, 11:22 AM
Post #40

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 14 2013, 05:55 AM) *
Be careful bro...discussing boxing in the workplace nowadays is right up there next to race, sexual preference, religion, and salaries...ESPECIALLY if you get trolled into talking about Manny vs Floyd. If motherfuckers are out here bare knuckle brawling over Manny vs Floyd debates, then surely a sensitive, know-it-all, POS, boss will fire you, if he gets a wild hair up his during a debate. Lol

I do not even argue, at all. I let them say whatever they want. My boss actually feels that Saul will knock Mayweather out in the first round. I am inviting him to my fight party and I am going to give him a lesson in boxing. He has no idea who Matthysee or Garcia are. Damn shame.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 10:50 AM