Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who's next for Matthysse?
Gambit808
post Apr 27 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Though I'd be interested in seeing a part 2 of Garcia-Matthysse, "the machine" I don't think left enough in the first fight for a rematch to be desired so soon. So what about AB if he's successful in his comeback May 3rd, would it be to soon for that kind of fight to happen after or should he come in 1 or 2 fights in as a high favorite before he puts it all back on the line again? What say you guys?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Apr 27 2014, 03:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 27 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Apr 27 2014, 09:28 PM) *
Though I'd be interested in seeing a part 2 of Garcia-Matthysse, "the machine" I don't think left enough in the first fight for a rematch to be desired so soon. So what about AB if he's successful in his comeback May 3rd, would it be to soon for that kind of fight to happen after or should he come in 1 or 2 fights in as a high favorite before he puts it all back on the line again? What say you guys?

I unfortunately think the machine would fuck up AB

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 27 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I feel you but it won't be Garcia... Josecito gets the nod for KO KINGS Summer 2014

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 27 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 27 2014, 04:11 PM) *

I feel almost the same way, but I think that is a FORTUNATE FUCK UP rather than an unfortunate fuck up! Broner is my most hated fighter now! To see "The Machine" beat up "The Bonehead!" You have to wonder, how the fuck did Matthysse lose to Garcia? I think Lucus could win the rematch, if Danny fights like against Herrera.

Jack

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 27 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Garcia's gameplan was superior, catch all that outside fire and return sharp... Broner couldn't do that, he'll go Philly Shell like Berto and get floored

Matthysse can face Josecito, Lundy, Herrera, Provo and Broner on his way to a very good end of career

once I see him at 147 he's cashing out

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Apr 27 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 27 2014, 05:11 PM) *

I wouldn't be surprised at that result at this point in their careers.
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 27 2014, 05:12 PM) *
I feel you but it won't be Garcia... Josecito gets the nod for KO KINGS Summer 2014

This sounds logical. Why not give another war for the fan.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 27 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 27 2014, 04:33 PM) *
Garcia's gameplan was superior, catch all that outside fire and return sharp... Broner couldn't do that, he'll go Philly Shell like Berto and get floored

Matthysse can face Josecito, Lundy, Herrera, Provo and Broner on his way to a very good end of career

once I see him at 147 he's cashing out

Exactly,

There are strategies for what works and doesn't work for Lucus Matthysse.

If you are an outside boxing sharp-shooter and stick to boxing, you can stop "The Machine" from coming in and doing his work. If you go balls to the wall with "The Machine", you might put some dents in his armor, but can pay the price as well. Broner will brawl and that will be his undoing. Do you think "The Machine's" chin has gotten worse, or do you think it has always been like that?

Jack

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 27 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 27 2014, 10:47 PM) *
Exactly,

There are strategies for what works and doesn't work for Lucus Matthysse.

If you are an outside boxing sharp-shooter and stick to boxing, you can stop "The Machine" from coming in and doing his work. If you go balls to the wall with "The Machine", you might put some dents in his armor, but can pay the price as well. Broner will brawl and that will be his undoing. Do you think "The Machine's" chin has gotten worse, or do you think it has always been like that?

Jack

His chin seems fine to me. When Garcia had him down it was the back of the head, same with the second KD

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 27 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

I think his chin is just fine, and he recovers fast... the Garcia loss was due to that eye jammie

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 27 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 27 2014, 05:18 PM) *
I feel almost the same way, but I think that is a FORTUNATE FUCK UP rather than an unfortunate fuck up! Broner is my most hated fighter now! To see "The Machine" beat up "The Bonehead!" You have to wonder, how the fuck did Matthysse lose to Garcia? I think Lucus could win the rematch, if Danny fights like against Herrera.

Jack

Hmm...where do I start...
1. Slow starter...as if he hasn't learned his lesson at this point
2. Expected a slug fest, and ended up having to box, which he ISN'T that great at...he just forces guys to box, because they feel his power and choose not to slug
3. Garcia's jab
4. Garcia's foot movement
5. Flatfooted

As far as Danny fighting like he did against Herrera...that was purely a stylistic mismatch. Matthysse struggles against guys with better movement, such as Danny does...difference is, guys are more likely to engage Danny rather than Lucas, because there's a power difference.

It's like Maidana back in the day, he had power, but he was slow as shit. Nowadays, he's a lot quicker and more fundamental, with the SAME power, so guys are more careful now. Lucas has power, but isn't all that fundamental, but he's fundamental enough for guys to think twice before coming at him. Lol

Danny came at him with fundamentals (a jab that he worked behind, head movement, lateral movement, being first with his attack)...most guys cant handle that. Mayweather has been walking guys down for the past 4 years, aside from Guerrero and Canelo (at times during the fights), but he's fundamental as hell, which most guys aren't all that used to.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 05:59 PM