IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
Hotsauce
post Feb 19 2013, 05:11 PM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 19 2013, 03:37 PM) *
i had to be the one to deliver the bad news...but...

showtime is the home of the upset. mayweather/guerrero has upset written all over it. the 6 fight deal has a strong possibility to go right down the toilet....and i don't believe hbo will be totally out the picture. i do believe that this will change the current landscape of boxing...which imo, is a good thing. no more ppv's....no more trying to force feed us over paid/under challenged fighters. new stars will emerge...and hopefully hbo will realize that trying to force feed us manufactured stars is not the way. showtime will continue to grow.

Well it said up to 6 fights. So floyd probably won't fight 6 times.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 19 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #42

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 19 2013, 04:11 PM) *
Well it said up to 6 fights. So floyd probably won't fight 6 times.

Floyd's fights will always be PPV. However, maybe HBO can learn from this and look for new exciting fighters evenly matched with other exciting fighters to breathe new talent into the network, instead of trying to "Build a star against C-grade opposition."

Jack

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 19 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 19 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Professor usually I agree with most of the things that you say but this one I can not go with you on. Guerrero at best is the poor man's Castillo. He is not going to rough house Floyd like he did Berto and unlike Berto, he will be dealing with the original Shoulder Roll. Not a BS imitation. Guerrero gets hit way too often and he does not have a power punch. This should be an interesting fight but my money is on Money! And what a hell of a deal that he inked with showtime. Someone at HBO is about to get fired!

original shoulder roll? haha cmon man - mayweather isnt the first to shoulder roll!

i'm giving guerrero more of a chance than you. i think his best assets are his chin and heart for this fight. i believe his straight could be dangerous too.i agree with ya though that guerrero won't be able to replicate the berto fight. we're both on the same page as far as who we think comes out the winner too lol just sayin, i think Guerrero isn't to be scoffed at

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 19 2013, 05:37 PM
Post #44

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 04:20 PM) *
original shoulder roll? haha cmon man - mayweather isnt the first to shoulder roll!

i'm giving guerrero more of a chance than you. i think his best assets are his chin and heart for this fight. i believe his straight could be dangerous too.i agree with ya though that guerrero won't be able to replicate the berto fight. we're both on the same page as far as who we think comes out the winner too lol just sayin, i think Guerrero isn't to be scoffed at

I think Mayweather-Gurrero is gonna be like Mayweather-Hatton. It will be a Nevada ref who won't like Guerrero fight inside often enough to do his thing. The ref won't show the favorable bias to Mayweather like Cortez did in the Hatton fight, (although even I was annoyed with Hatton holding.) For Guerrero to win against Floyd, it's almost gotta be in California with a California ref who will let Robert do whatever he wants. No such luck in Nevada. However, It will be Floyd's toughest fight since Castillo I and I'll say 116-112 for Floyd on all cards.

Floyd Mayweather , layoff of not, is no Berto. Floyd's too smart and skilled, especially with Vegas officials seeing things his way in terms of any close rounds or what Floyd can do to an opponent.

Jack

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 19 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I think this fight will be more like FMJR vs Oscar DeLahoya, with Floyd winning a close unanimous or split decision. Not that I think highly of the Ghost, but Mayweather has to prove he has gas left in the tank.

As far as the deal, I think it opens the doors for other fighters to get paid in the future. If I was Bronner I would ask HBO to open up the check book and pull out the pen with a lot of ink. I doubt HBO will let another potential star flee to Showtime. The flip side is maybe HBO figured his run was coming to an end and decided not to match or exceed show times offer.

I'm gonna sing like Alicia Keys "This thread is on fire" lol

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 19 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #46

Featherweight

^totally agree except i think guerrero is being miscast. he brings more to the table than hatton or castillo did in my opinion in that guerrero is versatile. he fights in more ways than one

edit: replying to Jack 1000 lol

This post has been edited by wolterb: Feb 19 2013, 05:51 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 19 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #47

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

When I heard about this showtime deal, it reminded me of a special moment in my life. I remember shell toes had made a come back n all my cousins N friends had the white n black ones. I finally convinced my mom to get me a pair only to find out they were sold out. So i ended up with some. Whte n Teal joints. When my ppls saw em, it was like I discovered gold. They were in awe. I felt like I had the biggest dick in the world.

Floyd just copped the teal Adidas lol! He just shat on the titan of boxing lol. Who in the hell at HBO let that shit happen? You wanna talk about fired?You lose Floyd right after the worst moment in Mannys careee? Does this mean Canelo is going the Showtime route too? Hbo just got buttfucked, chapped with no lube lol. Im sure they will rebound but man... Lampleys 3D glasses have to be going crazy. We get to see a Mayweather fight and actually hear non biased, knowledgeable commentary. Thank you!

As for the fight...I expect it to be ugly. I expect Guerrero to hug and hit all night. I expect cuts and point deductions,

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #48

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Shhhhh....dont say that too loud...wouldn't wanna ruin the Floyd fan party by being "pessimistic"...this is their moment.

Remember, anything that Floyd does, is the best thing known to mankind, and there's no such thing as error when it comes to him. That sorta reminds me of this dude name Jesus...you know, the guy that walked on water.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2013, 02:45 PM) *
I wonder how Manny feels about Floyd making groundbreaking move after groundbreaking move, while Arum tells him what he's going to do. The world loves Manny, but he's just in a bad spot right now...well, it's been like that for a while. Regardless of how much the world hates Floyd...dude is handling his business and breaking records. The only groundbreaking thing that Manny's manged to do as of late, is get laid out.

It seems like any type of resistance on his part, to change Arum's mind about his next move/fight, gets scoffed at and done anyway. It's looking bad for him, and moves like this on Mayweather's end, make him (FMJ) look, well...like he was right all along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

PS: I hate it for Guerrero (press-wise), because this news is pretty much a bigger deal than the upcoming fight itself. Maybe it's a good thing, maybe he doesn't want all of the extra attention that he's going to get some of anyway...that makes for a clear mind on his part..you know, stay under the radar, and pull off the upset. Lol

Dude did you just shit on Floyd and compliment at the same time? His fans are excited and it was a great move to jump ship from HBO to showtime. I don't get people sometimes, Floyd in no way is perfect but business wise this dude just pulled a Royal Flush out from no where. Come on man, enjoy this shit don't be a debbie downer. In your world what would you want Floyd to do to satisfy your high ass standards? Man... He inked a 6 fight deal within 30 months, what more can you want? Come on Chsels come on,

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 19 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #49

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 19 2013, 03:20 PM) *

I didn't mean original like he invented the technique, I have no idea who actually first used it but I meant instead of getting Berto's half ass Mayweather shoulder roll he is going to get the original one. I should of clarified it. My bad bro.

I think this fight like I mentioned before will be like Castillo, I just do not think Guerrero has the chin of Castillo or honestly the skill. But shit this is boxing so anything and I mean anything can happen. Floyd has never beaten a half Mexican before so we shall see!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 19 2013, 07:41 PM

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 19 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #50

Featherweight

^no, i got what you meant after i posted it - thats my bad.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 10:54 AM