IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> when was the last time we had 8 quality fights..., on one single saturday!?!?!?!?
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

Chavez-Martinez

Rigondeaux-Marroquin

Martinez-Beltran

Macklin-Alcine

Alvarez-Lopez

Gonzalez-P.De Leon

Maidana-S.Karass

Santa Cruz-Morel

man i love boxing!!!!

my dvr broke! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) not sure how i'm going to watch all of them....but i will!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 13 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

The gbp undercard is stacked and the TR main event is great...

This post has been edited by checkleft: Sep 13 2012, 07:12 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 13 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

How'd you break the DVR lol

It will be some great matchups this weekend.

Do what I'm doing, I'm watching the TR card for the free 99 on a stream and I'll be watching the GB card on Showtime. I'm not paying for anymore TR ppv's

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 14 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #4

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

And that Shotime card is NOT PPV! Which would easily be a PPV if they wanted to be. In answer to the question the closest thing to this would have been maybe May of 1994 with Don King's, Revenge-The Rematches, but that had I think five title fights and was PPV. The free fight. I think it was Genfranco Rossi was for Showtime subs.

The Showtime card has a 4hr. 30 min runtime PLUS there is a prelim on Showtime Extreme am hour early.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Sep 14 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #5

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

How much does having a big PPV and a huge Showtime card on the same night and nearly at the same time hurt the populations who have to choose between one or the other? Would it be better to do the Showtime Golden Boy card one week and the Top Rank PPV, the following week to attract more viewers?

Jack

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 13 2012, 09:34 PM) *
How'd you break the DVR lol

It will be some great matchups this weekend.

Do what I'm doing, I'm watching the TR card for the free 99 on a stream and I'll be watching the GB card on Showtime. I'm not paying for anymore TR ppv's

not sure what the deal is...but i set it to record...it looks like it will record...then nothing happens. i have a shit load of fights on there. i need to figure out how to transfer them before i give up this box.

the last ppv card i paid for was cotto/malignaggi...and that's because i wanted to see a friend of mine fight on the under card. the last ppv i purchased before that was hopkins/joppy.

i'm with u on not paying for ppv's. you're preaching to the choir. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

free 99 is my favorite price. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 14 2012, 12:05 AM) *
And that Shotime card is NOT PPV! Which would easily be a PPV if they wanted to be. In answer to the question the closest thing to this would have been maybe May of 1994 with Don King's, Revenge-The Rematches, but that had I think five title fights and was PPV. The free fight. I think it was Genfranco Rossi was for Showtime subs.

The Showtime card has a 4hr. 30 min runtime PLUS there is a prelim on Showtime Extreme am hour early.

Jack

don't encourage them! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 14 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 14 2012, 12:07 AM) *
How much does having a big PPV and a huge Showtime card on the same night and nearly at the same time hurt the populations who have to choose between one or the other? Would it be better to do the Showtime Golden Boy card one week and the Top Rank PPV, the following week to attract more viewers?

Jack

i'm not sure...but i know this "fued" is working out for the fans.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:11 AM