IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mitchell VS Katsidis, This could well be FOTY
Maxy
post May 14 2010, 08:12 AM
Post #1

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

Kevin Mitchell and Michael Katsidis will battle it out tomorrow night at Upton Park for the Interim WBO Lightweight title. For me, this points to being an absolute war and should become a genuine candidate for FOTY.

Mitchell puts his unbeaten record on the line against the Aussie hard man in front of his home fans and at the stadium of his beloved West Ham United. Kevin has claimed he will make this a "right old tear up!", but he would probably do better if he boxes safe....can't see it.

Whereas Katsidis has mixed in a higher class for some time now, this is Mitchell's first step into genuine world class. Katsidis claims that once the fight goes down the stretch, Mitchell won't have the stamina and will fold. I've gone for the opposite believing that Kevin will win with a late stoppage.

Either way though this should be a thrilling fight and whoever wins I won't be downhearted. I'd favour Kevin but as Katsidis is one of my favourite fighters to watch, I'll be happy either way.

Anybody else, especially the Aussies here, have any thoughts on this fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post May 14 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (Maxy @ May 14 2010, 11:12 PM) *
Kevin Mitchell and Michael Katsidis will battle it out tomorrow night at Upton Park for the Interim WBO Lightweight title. For me, this points to being an absolute war and should become a genuine candidate for FOTY.

Mitchell puts his unbeaten record on the line against the Aussie hard man in front of his home fans and at the stadium of his beloved West Ham United. Kevin has claimed he will make this a "right old tear up!", but he would probably do better if he boxes safe....can't see it.

Whereas Katsidis has mixed in a higher class for some time now, this is Mitchell's first step into genuine world class. Katsidis claims that once the fight goes down the stretch, Mitchell won't have the stamina and will fold. I've gone for the opposite believing that Kevin will win with a late stoppage.

Either way though this should be a thrilling fight and whoever wins I won't be downhearted. I'd favour Kevin but as Katsidis is one of my favourite fighters to watch, I'll be happy either way.

Anybody else, especially the Aussies here, have any thoughts on this fight?

I am genuinely excited about this fight, but I know nothing of Mitchell.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 14 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #3

It's the litmus test for Mitchell. We still don't know if he hits that hard at lightweight and he definitely looks the smaller man. Katsidis is tough as fuck. He's great to watch but their are question marks over his chin. I think Mitchell has the better beard, but once again that hasn't really been proven due to the lower level of opposition Kevin has boxed. His best win is Prescott, who lets be honest, is a nobody.

In front of his home fans Mitchell might well get caught up in a slug fest and for me, that will be a mistake against a man like Katsidis. As the fight progresses it's bound to turn into a brawl but if Mitchell sets out like that from the off I can see him getting stopped.

Katsidis has got some great body work and his stamina is bloody awesome. He might be vulnerable on cuts though and I'm not convinced about his chin. To be honest it's one of those fights that has me going round in circles. Hard to pick a winner but pretty easy to predict a war.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 14 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #4

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

What i see is mitchell outboxing katsidis early, and as he feels more comfortable he starts to slug. At which point he gets caught and dragged into a war favouring Katsidis. As ever, the spartan warriors face will be minced like burger meat, which is standard in most katsidis fights.

What i am hoping is that the magnitude of the event gets mitchell into a war mind set early. The earlier he throws down, the better it is for katsidis.

If mitchell boxes, he wins, if he slugs, he gets dismantled.

I'll go with katsidis

+Quote Post
ROLL DEEP
post May 14 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,301

I'll be watching this with a pizza and a beer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

Like you guys, I see Mitchell outboxing him but getting into a slugfest dude to the adrenaline and the sheer anticipation of the fight.

I think he'll pull through though and get back to boxing for the last part of the fight.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 14 2010, 05:18 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

Is there any way to see this fight on tv or online?

+Quote Post
Maxy
post May 14 2010, 05:24 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 14 2010, 05:18 PM) *
Is there any way to see this fight on tv or online?

It's not on PPV so there will definitely be streams out there. Go to my P2P and search boxing....you'll find it.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post May 15 2010, 06:11 AM
Post #8

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

Fucking tragedy this isnt getting shown in Australia. They will play mundine vs the bum of the month, but wont play katsidis who is a thousand times more entertaining

whoops, just double checked mainevent. They are showing it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yes2.gif)

When i looked at the picture, with katsidis in his headgear, and the promotion name Hammertime, i mistook it for a wrestling ppv... LOL

This post has been edited by AussieLad: May 15 2010, 06:24 AM

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post May 15 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

I'm looking forward to this one too. Couple of beers in front of the tv tonight I think. I'm like you Maxy, like both fighters, dont care who wins. Just want to see a good scrap

+Quote Post
Mean Mister Must...
post May 15 2010, 10:11 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 1,333

Mitchell's claim that he wants to engage Katsidis in a war sounds like a good old deceptive tactic. He's going to box and probably come out with the win.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:54 PM