IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Morales vs, Maidana@9PM (ET)/6PM(PT): SPOILERS 15 Mins Later., No New Spoiler Threads, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
Maxy
post Apr 11 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #111

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,443

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 11 2011, 02:03 PM) *
You guys should show fights like this to the MMA people that think "boxing is dying."

Jack

MMA people don't deserve that kinda respect.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Apr 11 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #112

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,451

Just watched this fight again, scored it 116-114 for Morales. Don't see how Maidana won, it was close but the best i could give him is a draw. I dont know what the best move is for Morales. I gotta believe his biggest payday comes from Marquez but a rematch with Maidana might not be a bad choice either. If he could beat Maidana, coming in with a win and a title would gain him a larger paycheck against Marquez. If he was coming off a loss i can't imagine he would be in a worse position than now. If Marquez was to lose to Judah and they were both coming off a loss the fight would still sell tickets. If he and Marquez both coming in off of wins a potential fight with the Khan Bradley winner, especially if it were Khan, could be a pretty big unification fight.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 11 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #113

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

Corley and Kotelnik gave Morales the recipe. That was one damned fine performance. I scored it a draw, but I do not think that Morales v JMM should wait for a Maidana rematch. They should do it now while it is hot and the winner should get Pac (even if SSM pulls an even bigger upset than Morales or Rubio or that Japanese dude that deserves more respect from all of us).

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 11 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #114

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 11 2011, 08:43 PM) *
Corley and Kotelnik gave Morales the recipe. That was one damned fine performance. I scored it a draw, but I do not think that Morales v JMM should wait for a Maidana rematch. They should do it now while it is hot and the winner should get Pac (even if SSM pulls an even bigger upset than Morales or Rubio or that Japanese dude that deserves more respect from all of us).

thats what i been saying beardo... he went out there and took that fight... people are saying now kirkland is a bum or never was but im not gonna say that... sometimes these opponent fighters show up and want to win... and like i keep saying the guy is a former world champion... maybe i view the sport differently than others but my feeling is yes the guy was brought in as an opponent but he has to feel he is an opponent to really be one... and not only that that jap looked a good two divisions bigger than kirkland... and he fought like it... he went out there established his jab and caught the smaller kirkland coming in.. i give him all the credit in the world... he helped make that card and this past fight weekend one of the best ive ever experienced... and i been watching this sport damn near my whole life... and this weekend has been a very solid weekend of fights from europe and the states... love it...

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Apr 11 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #115

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 11 2011, 03:11 PM) *
MMA people don't deserve that kinda respect.

i agree, Maxy. they'd probably just complain about the lack of kicking and dick on dick friction.

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Apr 13 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #116

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

[quote name='SmartyBeardo' date='Apr 11 2011, 08:43 PM' post='516476']
[/]

I dont want to see Morales fight Pac again. I think I'd rather see the winner fight Khan or Bradley

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 20 2011, 02:42 AM
Post #117

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I scored 115-113 Maidana. Really close. I would accept a draw, but as much as Erik tried, I don't think he won. What a great fight!

Jack

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Apr 20 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #118

Guests

Jack, you haven't chimed in about 'word font' in the general.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Apr 20 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #119

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 20 2011, 02:42 AM) *
I scored 115-113 Maidana. Really close. I would accept a draw, but as much as Erik tried, I don't think he won. What a great fight!

Jack

Me too. I've watched it twice and both times tried every way I could to give Erik the fight but I have Maidana just each time. That slow start hurt Erik too much. It was almost like he was using those early rounds to test his own chin, see if he could take the punches and then once he had the confidence he started to fire back.

However by then he was playing catch-up.

I would back him a rematch.

+Quote Post
SmartyBeardo
post Apr 20 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #120

Middleweight

Member No.: 10,633

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 20 2011, 12:42 AM) *

Jack

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 20 2011, 02:47 AM) *
Me too. I've watched it twice and both times tried every way I could to give Erik the fight but I have Maidana just each time. That slow start hurt Erik too much. It was almost like he was using those early rounds to test his own chin, see if he could take the punches and then once he had the confidence he started to fire back.

However by then he was playing catch-up.

I would back him a rematch.

I agree. Maidana pulled it out late.

I disagree with you on the rematch though. Morales should move on. Next time Maidana would beat him up badly, IMO. Make the JMM fight and cash out.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:36 PM